Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@cipp

Okay, another crappy not-translation on the gist of things before halmoni comes and saves the day.

FF fandom is full of awesome people.
Thanks a tons, cipp

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 10:16AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Funny. I was browsing Tumblr and came to this quote: "Once you’ve been hurt, you’re so scared to get attached again. You fear that everybody’s going to break your heart." ~Unknown
No-rae is scared because of what happened with Sung-Pyo, and even more scared now because Seol-a is a pretty girl lol

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@cipp

Okay, another crappy not-translation on the gist of things before halmoni comes and saves the day.

Thanks a tons, cipp

@ieeheh beat me to it. Yes, thank you @cipp. You are awesome!

I was going to ask what "I'm gonna go get some fresh air.".

You know what would really be a face palm? If No-rae didn't fully understand the (English) words she sang. ...I think she's just slow to react...and/or honestly didn't anticipate what Seol-a's reaction would be.

No-rae
joined Mar 23, 2015

@cipp

Thanks a tons, cipp

And talented!!

Thanks cipp!!! I can sleep happily now!!!

No-rae
joined Mar 23, 2015

You know what would really be a face palm? If No-rae didn't fully understand the (English) words she sang. ...I think she's just slow to react...and/or honestly didn't anticipate what Seol-a's reaction would be.

I'm betting she's just slow to react. Happened far too many times now. Might need more intense gestures to finally get that blood pumping!!!

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

ffins07 posted:

@cipp

Thanks a tons, cipp

NOOOOOOO... She's been to Australia lol
Why didn't you understand the fresh air sentence tho?

I know I was mad at No-rae. But after a moment of trying to calm myself down, I know it's actually more natural to respond like No-rae if you totally didn't expect it. No-rae was just singing her favorite song. Seol-a on the other hand was the listener who's in love. When you're in love, you tend to over-read the other person's "hints"

Unnamed
joined Oct 22, 2015

Thanks for doing this unbelievably fast translations, cipp.

It is much, much appreciated. You make me go from refreshing Halmoni pastebin page from every 5 minutes to only 15 minutes.

Anxiety is a spectrum disorder that gets particularly grave when it comes to trying to keep up with your favorite magas/manhwas/manhuas.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

ieeheh posted:

ffins07 posted:

@cipp

Thanks a tons, cipp

NOOOOOOO... She's been to Australia lol
Why didn't you understand the fresh air sentence tho?

I know I was mad at No-rae. But after a moment of trying to calm myself down, I know it's actually more natural to respond like No-rae if you totally didn't expect it. No-rae was just singing her favorite song. Seol-a on the other hand was the listener who's in love. When you're in love, you tend to over-read the other person's "hints"

@ieeheh: sachiko-elsa posted the lyrics on tumblr. Going by the words ...it seems this might've been a confession. Seol-a's action. She "acted out" the third and second to last stanzas (going of the way the song was broken up in the post).

P.S. Are we allowed to link? I can't recall any links to tumblr posts directly, at the moment, if there have been any.

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 10:37AM

joined Jul 25, 2015

(song in english) (edit: thatanon ID'd it as More Than Words by Westlife)

NOOOO!!! Westlife slaughtered the song. Please save your ears ans listen to the original by a duo called 'Extreme'. Really love that song.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@ieeheh: sachiko-elsa posted the lyrics on tumblr. Going by the words ...it seems this might've been a confession. Seol-a's action. She "acted out" the third and second to last stanzas (going of the way the song was broken up in the post).

P.S. Are we allowed to link? I can't recall any links to tumblr posts directly, at the moment, if there have been any.

Yeah, links of most of the fan arts are from tumblr anyway.

And just reach out your hands
And touch me

How dense No-rae
How dense

joined Oct 14, 2015

@cipp

Thanks a tons, cipp

I totally agree^.
cipp should start to be less awesome, otherwise Imma die. -What have we done to deserve such brilliant minds. I don't follow lots of other series but so far FF-fandom is certainly a league apart.

ffins07
I love the shot of No-rae causally walking into the room with the shower around her neck, with the phone still at her ear.

Yes!

They're so comfortable in that room together. (Need to stay calm, self.)

This chapter appears short in terms of words, but emotionally it really builds. And it was totally swirling around those two. The moment with the family (even with Seol-a sitting across from Dad and Bro) felt like an in-between moment. As soon as No-rae entered the room and it was "the two of them" again, the world shrunk.

Ikr?! So ooooh my gaawd. /someone hand me a paper-bag.

--It's still too much. I can't analyze this yet. Yikes!

What is with No-rae and all these facial expressions? Gosh! She used to be so much more neutral OR happy faced all the time.

That girl needs to get a grip on herself. What you pointed out is also what Seol-a's been saying... 'You ignore my feelings daily with that clueless expressions of yours' (or something along this line, few chapter back). Ssamba is great in the way she makes parallels and the way she keeps on building from what has been shown.

ffins07 While we are at it: Yes this thread moves really fast, which is a good thing. I cannot believe 100+/- posts for a single chapter. You sure did a wonderful math. I used to lurk, but loves how people had the similar thought-process as I had/have. And also: Thank you for reading and eloborating your views on the series I've mentioned ancient ago, I truly appreciate it, I also wanted to reply, but due to the fast pace of the thread and my lack of spare time, I couldn't fit it in. DS should really consider a PM function of some sort. Eitherway, I thought it was at least decent to let you know.

No-rae
joined Mar 23, 2015

NOOOO!!! Westlife slaughtered the song. Please save your ears ans listen to the original by a duo called 'Extreme'. Really love that song.

Agreed. I just remembered the name of that artist when you posted it lol

The part that No-rae sang as seen, i think, is the final line of the song (the Extreme version). So Seol-ah reacted after No-rae finished singing..wait, it's shown there. Nevermind.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

panchan posted:

Thank you for pointing me to Extreme's song (YouTube).

I've definitely heard this song. Not familiar enough to hear it while reading.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I don't see it like that... I count this as No-rae's confession for Seol-a. I listened whole song and focused on lyrics

Now **I've tried to talk to you and make you understand*
All you have to do is close your eyes
And just reach out your hands and touch me*

Hold me close don't ever let me go
More than words is all I ever needed you to show
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
`Cause I'd already know

And I think it's not No-rae who's chicken out. It was Seol-a.

Ok, maybe this:

was clueless expression but maybe she was just shocked because of Seol-a's actions and couldn't believe it. But before she could say anything who chickened out and left the room...?

I think No-rae gets it but because Seol-a left now she thinks she was turned down :/

Edit:ohh.. someone already wrote this :(

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

I would have totally reacted like No-Rae if it happened to me. The girls feel it but they, especially No-Rae seem afraid of making the next step because of fear that its all in their heads and the other doesnt feel the same, because if that was the case and one of them confessed or kissed the other, that could ruin their friendship. I feel like, the hints and actions towards each other are going get more intense until they finally kiss. But Im sure its not going to take too long and Im excited about it.

Now I'll wait for translation while talking a nap and studying a bit haha

edit: now reading with more attention the lyrics and especially the ones showed on the panel, Seol-A was pretty obvious about her feelings after touching her hand... But then she left Im frustrated lol

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 10:51AM

Av
joined Feb 6, 2015

Aahhhhh not again?!? This chapter is soo frustrating! But dont get me wrong, it was a cute chapter seeing no-rae playing guitar for seol-a and seeing how seol-a reacted to it! So Why cant it happen yet? Lol but maybe it isnt that bad when it get tranlated so i should wait >,>

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I came to the conclusion that the FF fandom is full of masochists who are punished each week or so by Ssamba.

It's like orgasm denial, or something.

So that when she will let you release your... tension, you will think it's the best thing ever.

joined Jan 18, 2016

I came to the conclusion that the FF fandom is full of masochists who are punished each week or so by Ssamba.

So that when she will let you release your... tension, you will think it's the best thing ever.

Well. It's certainly a technique that works well. :p

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I like how graceful Seol-a looked when she greeted the family lol

joined Oct 14, 2015

Rere
Thanks for doing this unbelievably fast translations, cipp.

It is much, much appreciated. You make me go from refreshing Halmoni pastebin page from every 5 minutes to only 15 minutes.

Anxiety is a spectrum disorder that gets particularly grave when it comes to trying to keep up with your favorite magas/manhwas/manhuas.

Doctor, do you also have a cure for this? I happen to notice the symptoms are getting worse lately. The panels Ssamba teases us with is unbearable.

How can we not love you? /I mean it.
Your sarcasm is always on point, and hilarious. (But I have to let you know that I do love the tropes...)

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 10:56AM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

sandwichbread posted:

ffins07 While we are at it: Yes this thread moves really fast, which is a good thing. I cannot believe 100+/- posts for a single chapter. You sure did a wonderful math. I used to lurk, but loves how people had the similar thought-process as I had/have. And also: Thank you for reading and eloborating your views on the series I've mentioned ancient ago, I truly appreciate it, I also wanted to reply, but due to the fast pace of the thread and my lack of spare time, I couldn't fit it in. DS should really consider a PM function of some sort. Eitherway, I thought it was at least decent to let you know.

I thought it would be decent to let you know I read this. (^__^ )

Alextasha posted:

I don't see it like that... I count this as No-rae's confession for Seol-a. I listened whole song and focused on lyrics

Now **I've tried to talk to you and make you understand*
All you have to do is close your eyes
And just reach out your hands and touch me*

Hold me close don't ever let me go
More than words is all I ever needed you to show
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
`Cause I'd already know

And I think it's not No-rae who's chicken out. It was Seol-a.

Ok, maybe this:

was clueless expression but maybe she was just shocked because of Seol-a's actions and couldn't believe it. But before she could say anything who chickened out and left the room...?

I think No-rae gets it but because Seol-a left now she thinks she was turned down :/

Edit:ohh.. someone already wrote this :(

I could see the song as a confession, but No-rae's post-singing face looked more like "I'm so embarrassed I sang that in front of you without knowing all the words". Sure, she's probably covering up her feeling in her No-rae-like way.

So far, all we know is Seol-a got overheated. We don't know that they're running away from the moment yet. Won't know until next chapter.

I did miss (or not pay as much attention to) No-rae's outstretched hand. But, still, I think her following reaction (pulling back her hand) could be any number of things:

• pull it back as an act of protecting herself, pulling her vulnerable, outstretched hand back into her body
  • pulled back, knowing she'd missed an opportunity to reciprocate (or simply hold on)
  • pulled back, feeling still not ready to see where they're headed
  • pulled back, as though her hand was betraying her (cause she's not ready)

--I love No-rae's hair at this length. Frames her neck nicely. (Please, excuse my currently easily side tracked brain.)

Just being frank. We do not know exactly where No-rae is at right now. I think she caught herself off guard and set them up for this.

Unnamed
joined Oct 22, 2015

The day these 2 finally kiss I think we will brake this forum, comico site and tumblr. Unintentional DDoS.

Anyways, here is the last time she apparently sang for someone:

Sung-pyo is like the Grinch of yuri romance....

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

ieeheh posted:

Yes. Now, just imagine that's their son that No-rae's holding in the background.

I said domestic.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

ffins07 posted:

ieeheh posted:

Yes. Now, just imagine that's their son that No-rae's holding in the background.

I said domestic.

muwahahhaha, i'm starting to like i just imagined

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Okay. First @thatanon. And now @Rere. We don't have to talk about Sung-pyo. I purposefully avoided mentioning him when I referenced that flashback.

Pooping all over my happiness... :(

It's Valentine's Day. Leave Sung-pyo at the ski resort (for now).

P.S. You could've at least left out the kiss. If it's not between No-rae and Seol-a, I don't want either one of them in the kiss picture. :'(...

EDIT: P.P.S. I'm all for freedom of speech and such. Don't mind my poor, hurt No-rae x Seol-a heart. (Do we have consensus on their ship name yet? Cause that would've been less awkward to type.)

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 11:08AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.