Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Beetle_juice_1988_720p_brrip__a_release-lounge_h264_.mp4_snapshot_00.51.46__2012.09.11_20.09.39_
joined Apr 20, 2014

WTF!? with this chapter o.O

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Weeellll... It's not chapter 49 ^^" The title means it's "extra edition. Letter" via google translate :P

joined Aug 29, 2015

lol, I think Ssamba really like Seol-a. I thought we're going to see a peak of No-rae's past but now, the focus or POV is back to Seol-a again.

Black-and-white-ed-sheeran-performance-favim.com-1975182
joined Aug 17, 2015

Whaaaaat?! Really? Really? So the chapter's coming today? Or next week again? Ssamba's trolling us. Lol.

joined Jul 30, 2015

In my opinion, Ssamba is a genius. She sure knows how to captivate the readers. Full stop.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

So No-rae still remains a mystery...

joined Aug 18, 2015

In my opinion, Ssamba is a genius. She sure knows how to captivate the readers. Full stop.

Yes, I totally agree. The story appears predictable yet not so much. Love it!

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Oh God. Honestly why is Yu-Ji so important to the story? I truly feel sometimes that she was Seol-a's first girl crush, this is why author insists so much on her. Maybe Ssamba wants to make a connection between Yu-Ji and No-Rae and why Seol-a takes action regarding No-Rae (even if she didn't like Yu-Ji like this), because she didn't with Yu-Ji. For some reason the chapter with Yu-Ji make me uncomfortable. It's too sad.
Also, Seol-a and No-Rae traveled together in Australia and don't remember? Apparently Seol-a went to Australia to visit Yu-Ji?

last edited at Oct 25, 2015 10:42AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Yes, I totally agree. The story appears predictable yet not so much. Love it!

I agree too. The story seems "normal", but at the same time there is a special subtle ingredient to it too that captivates the reader.

Ayase-aragaki%20-%20copy
joined Jul 20, 2013

http://comico.toast.com/titles/85/chapters/52

It's out~
Is this a special chapter?

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I'm confused. ( I'm always happy to see more in the past of characters... my brain is hurting now. lol)

joined Aug 18, 2015

I wonder if Seola flew back to Australia to visit Yu-ji's grave? Their relationship didn't have a proper closure so... I still think Seola's feeling for Yu-ji was romatic. She probably didn't know it at the time.

last edited at Oct 25, 2015 1:42PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

It appears to be a special chapter. Maybe its because we readers debated about it too much. Damn it. If you guys had left the story of Yuji alone, Ssamba wouldnt have clarified it more lol.

Anyways, assumption time. It seems like Yuji was very apologetic and regretful but was too young to admit it with Seola. Seola came to Australia to visit her grave, and her family let Seola stayed in Yuji's old room. Apparently somehow Seola got a key to open Yuji's box/drawer and saw a letter Yuji wrote but never sent to her. So their conflict/misunderstanding finally concluded because Seola now knows how Yuji felt during that time.

Move on Ssamba!!

joined Feb 19, 2015

Wait. Seol-a only learned about Yu-ji's death 2 years after it happened; a girl at the wedding had to TELL her that Yu-ji had died. I'm guessing the girl who's reading the letter is that girl at the wedding who flagged down Seol-a to talk. And her name's Yuna.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I still think Seola's feeling for Yu-ji was romatic.

I always thought so too. Maybe not entirely romantic, but almost there, and never got actualized due to the incident.

But I hated the idea that Yuji might have felt the same, so I was always against talking about it since I wanted Ssamba to leave it there and let the readers imagine it on their own. But darn it Ssamba, sometimes its better to keep the thoughts in your head.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

On a second read, i think Seola came home and open her own box of Yuji's memories that she locked away long time ago. Lol. If so, whats that letter? Yuji wrote but Seola never bothered to read?

Well, we can only see after the translation comes out.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

But you know it's better to know now. Then when No-Rae and Seol-A finally do get together Seol-A won't have any lingering feelings from lack if closure. Talking to someone's ghost I wouldn't clarify has proper closure if anything it might have been foreshadowing this extra chapter. I didn't think about that until just now.

I do get this feeling that we won't see them together until almost the end though. Maybe last 10 chapters...even if it does turn out that way I'm good with that.

joined Dec 9, 2014

I always thought so too. Maybe not entirely romantic, but almost there, and never got actualized due to the incident.

But I hated the idea that Yuji might have felt the same, so I was always against talking about it since I wanted Ssamba to leave it there and let the readers imagine it on their own. But darn it Ssamba, sometimes its better to keep the thoughts in your head.

Yea the YuJi arc to me is the most angsty of the story to be honest. Not only how things happened between them, but because YuJi died too and it's very hard to get a proper closure like that. But I think this makes the story even more realistic, because let's be real, Seol-a having a crush on No-Rae means she's capable to like girls too. So it's very possible that she would have a girl crush way before No-Rae appeared.
But I do want to know, how her feelings for No-rae are different from the ones for Yu-Ji, even if Yu-Ji lived. Seol-a dating guys was never too deep for me personally to worry, but Yu-Ji is a different story.
I guess Ssamba will make a connection between Seol-a and No-Rae living to Australia for "heart-broken" reasons. Just like how she connected them in the first chapter. Maybe she wants to show they are meant to be by giving them similar situations in similar time.

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

Seola when it would go on the grave of Ji Yang? Before the return of former boyfriend norae? Or after? and the end of this chapter see Norae and Seola airport for Australia, samba wants us to see how sometimes fate touches us? Next chapter flashback?...I wait for the translation of Halmoni, peaceful and happy of this beautiful story.
Good evening to all ...

joined Aug 18, 2015

I agree.

I thought Yuji might have felt the same way at the scene where Yuji lies on Seola's laps.

I think it would be hard for Seola to move on if Ssamba leave thing as is...refer to chapter 44.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I think this special chapter is not done. It will be continued next week. The last panels, was it at their school? Or the airport before Seola and Norae left to Australia?

If its at the airport, I think Ssamba really wants to portray this relationship as "fated" lol. Their lives intersected at many points, but just waiting for the right time to intertwine with each other lol.

last edited at Oct 25, 2015 11:53AM

joined Aug 29, 2015

we don't even know what was Yu-Ji's real feelings and we will never know it. I mean like the scene where Yu-Ji asked Seol-a. if she and Ji-hwan was dating and Seol-a denied it but she was blushing. after that questioning. Yu-Ji's expression was unreadable. then, when they're friends were talking about Seol-a on the classroom. Yu-Ji just suddenly join the bashing and tell them what she really think about her friendship with Seol-a. Yu-Ji's reaction resemble the event where No-rae just suddenly exploded and tell Seol-a to leave her alone. like both of them realizes that the rumour circling about Seol-a was true afterall and they're both disappointed or whatnot.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

we don't even know what was Yu-Ji's real feelings and we will never know it

I think we will know it after the translation lol. Most of this special chapter showed Yuji's side of the story after Seola's accident. The letter could have said something too. We'll see

last edited at Oct 25, 2015 11:56AM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Hello folks,

First I just want to say thank you for all of the wonderful discussions, translations, etc. This thread is an essential extension to my Fluttering Feelings experience (and not just because I can't read Korean).

It's been a while since I've looked forward to a weekly release. I absolutely love these characters and how their relationship is unfolding. I love the subtleties and how Ssamba uses change-ups in her drawing style to capture them.

I could go on and on about the things that drew me in, but, right now, as much as I'm looking forward to the future of their relationship, I'm actually missing one of the characters. No-rae.

Don't get me wrong. I love Seol-a. It's refreshing to have a female lead that appears both assertive and self-assured but actually also insecure and naive in the way real people are. The complexity of her character has certainly caught people off guard. (Just read this thread.) And it wasn't a sudden change of character or plot hole to get us -to-close to the confession. ...

That noted, it seems to me that it's been quite some time since No-rae has "lead" a chapter. She's been in chapters, but when was she not just reacting to either Jin-ho or Seol-a. Right now, it seems Ssamba's just developing Seol-a in isolation, like No-rae is the side-character love interest of the lead, Seol-a. To me, chapter 43 (the "sleepover") was the last chapter in which we got a peek at a new side of (or development in) No-rae's character and feelings. We saw a new reactions from both characters, actually.

Maybe it's the hiatuses that have distorted my perception of balance. We're only six chapters beyond that point, but it's been nearly two months since that chapter (43) was released.

We know it's going to be slow getting glimpses of No-rae's inner thoughts... That's if we have to rely on Seol-a's interactions with her, but what about a couple of panels of No-rae reflecting on her own...?? With head voice? ...Please?

P.S. I also hope the ex doesn't turn into a drama arc. With Ssamba's attention to detail to this point, there's enough material to just focus on the relationship between Seol-a and No-rae. And I'm also hoping this story is intended to follow them after the "it's official" point or whatever. :?

joined Aug 29, 2015

we don't even know what was Yu-Ji's real feelings and we will never know it

I think we will know it after the translation lol. Most of this special chapter showed Yuji's side of the story after Seola's accident. The letter could have said something too. We'll see

hopefully, but I don't think that the letter will confirmed if Yu-Ji was actually gay for Seol-a. anyway, I'm expecting that Seol-a will have a more dramatic confession to No-rae because of the ex. but I'm gonna flip if Seol-a was actually the girl. No-rae's ex cheated on her.

To reply you must either login or sign up.