Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I just remembered about this funny little video.

I thought they'd keep going (w/o hexes).

last edited at Sep 26, 2015 1:38PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Yeah, I was disappointed they didnt continue. ¬_¬

How do you search for lesbian romance/fantasy type stuff on Kindle? Everytime I try I get those poorly written smut stories. Last het novels came up lol. I thought does kindle not know what lesian means?

last edited at Sep 26, 2015 2:59PM

joined Jan 21, 2015

How do you search for lesbian romance/fantasy type stuff on Kindle? Everytime I try I get those poorly written smut stories. Last het novels came up lol. I thought does kindle not know what lesian means?

I usually go through the lists on Goodreads to find stuff. They have lists of lesbian fantasy novels (and other genres) and I find it easier to sort through than the LGBT category on Amazon. On the Amazon website, I look for a recent title (by author name) and just look at the "customers also looked at" recommendations.
If you want to search specifically on Kindle, however, I don't know, sorry. I'm not sure even there is a way, seeing as many books don't have "A lesbian novel" or some variation of it in their title.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

When I first got into the genre, I went to the Lambda Awards site and checked past winners for the lesbian romance category and checked out their works. Kallmaker and Beers are both regulars. Goodreads is a pretty decent source too.

Lol%203
joined Sep 4, 2015

I just remembered about this funny little video.

I thought they'd keep going (w/o hexes).

In that case, there's a certain link in the description of the video that might interest you.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I live female heroes better, the world has too many dudebros with Neo-itis in fantasy. :p I might check it out sometime though.

Currently I'm reading Elf Saga by Joseph Robert Lewis. Everyone's an elf for some reason - not just the heroes but all people lol. A group of misfit heroines are on a quest to find a unicorn to stop a dragon apocalypse or something. I haven't decided if the series is supposed to be more tongue-in-cheek than serious.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Now that is a big list....

The only game I've played on it is Gone Home. I quite liked it, though it is a bit light on the gameplay side of things until the ghost shows up in the second act. Spooky stuff.

last edited at Sep 27, 2015 12:08AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Now that is a big list....

The only game I've played on it is Gone Home. I quite liked it, though it is a bit light on the gameplay side of things until the ghost shows up in the second act. Spooky stuff.

Dude, spoilers!

But yeah, the whole hedge maze puzzle really grabbed me too.

last edited at Sep 27, 2015 12:09AM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I like it when bros get cured of their bro-itis by traumatic means. Really enjoyed when it happened in Joe Abercrombie's First Law series.

Oooh I read one of his books, I think it was about a bard or a mage that became detective after a war in service to the crown? Its been a while, but I remember really enjoying it.

Just looked him up, he didnt write what I was thinking of... I did read Best Served Cold, though, which was awesome.

last edited at Sep 27, 2015 12:59AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

A few things got announced for new VNs that will be translated, there will be a yuri one as well https://vndb.org/v18381

It's set in the American Midwest

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

none

Don't remember if anyone talked about it but webcomic Sister Claire have lesbian side couple

Actually, I think you did a few pages ago, Thiaguinho-sama.

Yeah you're right, but I think it was in the webcomic thread that is pretty much dead, someone have link for it? Maybe there's a webcomic there that someone forgot to mention here so it could be a good idea to have a look, I don't think anyone going to post there again now that we use this thread so maybe delete it too?

I'm not sure if it should be put in the list, but according to vndb Akai Ito is translated but no patch was made so you need to read the translation in their site, it's the same universe as Aoishiro.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I moved to some village part of Hamburg and have no internet for the next week cause fuck Kirchwerder so I'm not going to update the list for a while. Or post here, smartphone keyboards being a pain to use and all that.

Thia: I will add Akai Ito but everybody who's gonna give you a link to the webcomics list is just gonna google it so you might as well just google it.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

One week without internet? I would not endure that long without internet and yuri, you're braver than me... I forgot I can find threads on google, I'll have a look later.

Webcomic Alien Hand Syndrome have a good amount of subtext...? I'm not sure if it's subtext or just plain text.

last edited at Sep 29, 2015 10:43PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yeah you're right, but I think it was in the webcomic thread that is pretty much dead, someone have link for it?

Pretty sure I posted this in this thread some time ago.

Webcomic Alien Hand Syndrome have a good amount of subtext...? I'm not sure if it's subtext or just plain text.

It is clear that MC's friend wants to go out with her, but is warming her to idea for now. Comics just have slow pace and slow updates don't help.

I remembered about Lovely Little Thieves. American Visual Novel sponsored by kickstarter. It has 1 yuri route.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

One week without internet? I would not endure that long without internet and yuri, you're braver than me...

Best part is that I work freelance over the net so I can't even make any money for that time. And since the last bus home drives at 10 pm my social live is pretty much dead too.

On the topic of Georgia Beers, I really thought the love triangle in Turning the Page would be waaaay more awkward and ugly. Glad I was wrong.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Jesus Fuck, the last half an hour of Tipping the Velvet nearly killed me. FUCK YOU, KITTY!

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I don't know if it has been brought before (thread has gotten quite big) but has Y: The Last Man been mentioned?

Is a comic book series published on 2002 by DC under their Vertigo imprint. The premise is that one day all the mammal with a x chromosome on the world die due an epidemic, except by the protagonist, Yorick and his capuchine monkey Ampersand.

The series follows Yorick on his quest to found what made him inmune to the disease so the male gender can be restored. As the premise suggests, there's quite a lot of lesbian characters involved. Just keep in mind that the series deals with a dystopic setting where the aftermath of all the men dying in a male-oriented society is explored and thus, the whole thing presents all kind of lesbian characters.

joined Nov 30, 2011

I've heard many great things about that series and have it on my to read list.

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

It wasn't on the list on page one (not sure if it was mentioned somewhere in between) but the novel "Annie on my mind" should definitely be on there.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

The blindside of love by Ingrid Diaz.

You guys should read it, the interaction between Julianne and her two friends is hilarious.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

You know how in movies with both lesbian and het relationships the het couples kiss and have sex and the lesbians sometimes hug? What's up with that? I mean, the movie is called My Mother Likes Women, it's not like their target group is people that like, feel threatened by lesbians or whatever.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Hannibal's second and third season have a pretty important lesbian sidecharacter

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Hannibal's second and third season have a pretty important lesbian sidecharacter

Said character also appears in Hannibal (the book), where she's actually a bodybuilder. Also, Hannibal is the best series ever (but don't watch it for the gay, really).

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Said character also appears in Hannibal (the book), where she's actually a bodybuilder.

Well now I HAVE to track down the book :v

To reply you must either login or sign up.