Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I might be bias because kristen stewart is suspected to be gay

Is that even a reason to like her? They always suspect actors are gay, or there's something that implies she's gay?

last edited at Jul 10, 2015 10:55AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Is that even a reason to like her? They always suspect actors are gay, or there's something that implies she's gay?

Heard she was dating a girl.

Alicia Cargile on a google search.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Heard she was dating a girl.

Alicia Cargile on a google search.

Oh right, they took pictures of them holding hands and because that's super lewd they must be a couple and not just friends... From what I know it's all rumors and no proof that she's bisexual.

last edited at Jul 10, 2015 11:19AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Oh right, they took pictures of them holding hands and because that's super lewd they must be a couple and not just friends... From what I know it's all rumors and no proof that she's bisexual.

Jesus, what's with this "girls are straight by default" mentality you've been going by lately? Take two minutes to google it, her mother confirmed it, probably the first thing you will find.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I'm not believing that until I see a sex tape.

For real though, what's up wtth you, Thia? I saw you asking if New Game is gonna end het. Like, calm down.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Jesus, what's with this "girls are straight by default" mentality you've been going by lately? Take two minutes to google it, her mother confirmed it, probably the first thing you will find.

I can't google it now because I'm working and boss would see it, and what you called "girls are straight by default" I used only in some manga and anime characters, I never said anything about real people, and if she dated man before but started dating a girl, don't that make her bisexual? Or you don't believe in bisexuality?

For real though, what's up wtth you, Thia? I saw you asking if New Game is gonna end het. Like, calm down.

I never asked if it was going to end in het, just if any male character shows up.

last edited at Jul 10, 2015 11:41AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Spoilers please! Or at least tell me, it becomes het?

Don't lie to me.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Spoilers please! Or at least tell me, it becomes het?

Don't lie to me.

I didn't ask if it ended in het, asked if it would become het because of the way trafi talked, I always suspect a male character can show up in those series that have only girls...

last edited at Jul 10, 2015 11:46AM

joined Sep 15, 2013

Any one else feel like so many of the harem mangas would be better if the main character was a woman instead of a guy? Like I tried going through oh my goddess and all I could think was, why didn't they just make the main protagonist a woman

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

MINOR NEZ NOTE

Seriously Thiaguinho-sama, you said earlier that you haven't been thinking straight due to various reasons, so I'm asking you to stop posting until you are It's seriously getting annoying to a lot of people.

There's no requirement to chime in every time you get a stray thought, so exercise some restraint, k?

last edited at Jul 10, 2015 11:53AM

C8-h7dlw0aetesm
joined Jun 14, 2015

In Parenthood (the TV show, not the movie), the second to last season (season 5) Haddie, Max's sister, comes home from college and brings with her a "friend", and Max discovers her making out with her in her room and Max blurts out later while shopping for suits with his mom "What does it mean when two girls kiss?" He has Asperger's Syndrome, so he really doesn't get social cues or when it's right to bring those kind of things up. She asks him why he's mentioning that, and he explains off screen what he saw. The mom then talks to her about it. After Haddie comes out and tells the truth, the mom tells her she didn't have to hide that she was homosexual and that it was no big deal for her. The dad, kind of oblivious to the hints, has to be told very blatantly by Haddie that she is gay after the whole ordeal. He also doesn't think much of it either, and even mentioned before he liked the "friend" she brought over (obviously not knowing she was her girlfriend). She doesn't appear much after that story arc for the remaining 6th and final season of the show, but we do get to hear how she met her girlfriend and how she did love the boys she dated in highschool but doesn't feel that way about guys now. Sorry for the in depth analysis. I really do like that show however and felt you guys would like to know some context.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I keep meaning to watch that Sleeping Beauty movie with Stewart in it, maybe my opionion of her will change...

Anyway!

I came across another yuri novel called the Duchess of Manusk. I don't know if it's any good as I haven't started reading it yet, but it sounds like it might be interesting. This princess is given some land by her father (I think), and its riddled with problems, when she gets there, this foriegn girl is ship wrecked with her crew and they fall in love and so on...

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

If you read Her name in the sky, make sure you have a box of kleenex handy! I cried through nearly the whole thing. It is one of the most beautiful and inspiring stories I have ever read.

I honestly can not like this book enough. <3

Also I started watching Person of Interest last night and it's awesome! Cavizel (sp) is kinda hot and makes a good badass action hero. :)

last edited at Jul 11, 2015 1:07PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I'm just here to say that Brandon Foster is the worst.

And either The Fosters is really predictable or I'm really good at calling what's gonna happen like 5 episodes in advance.

last edited at Jul 11, 2015 1:49PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Watched another relevant movie, Anatomy of a Love Seen. Word of warning: this is not romance, but what happens after it. Its concept is kinda interesting, but the movie's very slow-paced (to me, at least). The fact that it all happens basically in one day and only inside a film set may have something to do with it.
Also, what's up with the last scene? Talk about a pointless, silly creative decision...

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

As for Bye Bye Blondie, if the movie is a yuri, the novel isn't; it's an het romance. The author changed the sex of "Blondie" (Éric became Frances) between the publication of the novel and the making of the movie.

From the same author, you have the novel Apocalypse Bébé, which is yuri. Unlike Bye Bye Blondie, this one seems to have an English version. I've read the French version, and it's very good, if you like the Punk ambiance.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

After reading a few chapters of Duchess of Manusk, I gave up. It's boring. Too much day to day activities of her riding around setting her duchy to rights and little to no romantic action or action in general.

Finished POI season 1 last night and I'm in love with the series. I like how the flash backs are done sorta like a recording. I'm really liking Root so far as well.

joined Aug 16, 2014

As for Bye Bye Blondie, if the movie is a yuri, the novel isn't; it's an het romance. The author changed the sex of "Blondie" (Éric became Frances) between the publication of the novel and the making of the movie.

Wha.. Really? Damn, I loved the movie and was really looking forward to reading the book...

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

Wha.. Really? Damn, I loved the movie and was really looking forward to reading the book...

It's a shame isn't it? Still, as usual the book is better than the movie, but you won't find any lesbian stuff in it.

For the explanation of the change, Virginie Despentes (the author) said she "became lesbian at 35", she wrote the book before that and made the movie after.
If you really interested in her writing, try Apocalypse Baby, this one is yuri and good (and is in English). I didn't read the rest of her bibliography (but I will), so I dunno if there is yuri in her other novels.

Her other movie, Baise-moi, you'll find subtext at best, but it's more a trash-movie than anything else (sex (heterosexual), drugs and violence), no real place for any romance-stuff.

last edited at Jul 13, 2015 1:12PM

joined Aug 16, 2014

Still, as usual the book is better than the movie [...]

I liked the movie very much, so I guess I'll still read the book (eventually, my french still sucks).

If you really interested in her writing, try Apocalypse Baby [...]

I'll keep an eye on this one too, maybe I'll try it first. It'll depend on which one I happen to put my hands on first.

joined Apr 19, 2014

Finished POI season 1 last night and I'm in love with the series. I like how the flash backs are done sorta like a recording. I'm really liking Root so far as well.

The flashbacks are a liiitle more involved than that - they're the Machine accessing archived information to gain context on stuff that's currently happening, which is a tidy in-universe explanation for why they generally have something to do with the main theme of the episode. It also gives a little personality and presence to an entity that is otherwise extremely understated.

Root is cool but she also changes wildly over the course of the series. She has easily the most overt character development, and it's possible you won't like her as much at some points in that. Amy Acker was a fantastic casting though, she owns all of it.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Anybody knows anything about Pretty Little Liars? Doesn't seem too promising yuri wise by what wikipedia had to tell.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I've bitched about PLL on the anime thread.

One of the min characters is a lesbian.

First crush she thinks is dead, only for her not to be, only for her to get the crush arrested.
First girlfriend goes to rehab or something, then dies after breaking up and getting back together
Next pseudo one gets jealous of some silly think set up by the bad guy.
Next tried to drown her.

So yuri is in it, yes, but I think my ship sinking coloured me a bit more negatively than I might otherwise be.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So just your average lesbian romance? Especially the second one, that's so average lesbian romance.

How far did you watch?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Started third season, but took a break.

Second one was at the end of the last season.

To reply you must either login or sign up.