Forum › A place to write Fiction

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

Err I am not sure how to ask the question lol. I've been thinking for a while now that I want to write a story. Now I don't know of any places where i can go online to write :(. I also want to write something yuri related (lesbian). Also I am not the best when it comes to grammar, due to english being my second language. My english isn't bad either but there are some things that I wish I knew how to properly put together (basically sounding properly). So I want a place where maybe people won't criticize to just be rude but more of giving constructive criticism. Anyone knows of any places ?

last edited at Jun 18, 2015 12:54AM

joined Sep 15, 2013

You can start a WordPress blog and ask people you know to go through your stories there, you could also post a link here and i am sure there are people who wouldn't mind reading something new, and because you are on the internet you will get a lot of people correcting your grammar. Because you are keeping the initial numbers on the smallish side you shouldn't have too many people trolling you and stuff. Alternatively just post sections of the story randomly on YouTube comment section :P

joined Jan 30, 2013

Thanks for the help :). Another last question let's say that I give up on the writing because I just plainly suck -.-
And I start a manga. I am confident in my art skill but sadly grammar suffers lol
I have also wanted to post something on dynasty scans. I'm not looking to get paid or anything just to share new ideas and story (whether on writing or drawing). so how can I post like maybe a comic I might be working ? Err sorry for all the trouble and its alright if you don't have the answer for this specific question lol (kind of came out of nowhere anyways lol)

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Original or Fanfic?

You can write on pretty much any blogging site. Tumblr is the biggest blogging thing nowadays so you can post your stuff there. I used to post my works on livejournal, but LJ is kinda dead now. Fanfiction.net is always a popular place to post your fanfic. The interface sucks in my opinion, but that's where the people are so it's the best place to get some exposure. Another popular place for fanfic is archiveofourown.org. I haven't posted on there before, but I know a lot of people like it.

Edit: just saw your new post. I think Tumblr is the best place for comics nowadays as well. Probably even better for art than writing.

last edited at Jun 18, 2015 2:47AM

joined Jan 30, 2013

I don't have a Tumbrl but the other places sound like a good idea. I'll check them out. I knew of Fanfiction.net but I was always scared to write there lol as for the other one I never heard of it. I'll def see, thanks for the help.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Deviantart is another site. Don't be afraid of Fanfiction.net I think the folks there are pretty nice...unless you do something stupid like add a het ending to your "yuri story", watch out when uploading stuff over there because it'll kill your format(font, line spacing, etc) and special characters(hearts etc) but you can edit it before "publishing".

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I can recommend Dreamwidth, its interface is a lot like LiveJournal, but it's meant for writers and the like. The site owner has done a lot of fanfic, and has also done a lot of work making sure the site is reliable and meets the users' needs.

If it's writing, you might consider AO3. They have a lot of great yuri, and a lot of writers left fanfiction.net to move their work over back when ff cracked down on adult work. They also don't mess your formatting up the way ff.net does, which is nice.

To reply you must either login or sign up.