Forum › Continue It Please

joined Mar 2, 2013

I happen to find a lot of dropped projects and i just found an on hold... It's called 'Nagi' and it's really interesting. I wonder why so many people just drop what they're doing even though there are people interested in what happens next ~

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

It is most often the second reason that you mentioned. Given that a team has a limited number of people involved at any given time, at some point you have to evaluate whether certain series are more deserving of continued attention than others. A lot of times this simply comes down to how much staff member interest there is in a particular project. When there's a shortage of manpower, you can't do much except keep working on things you enjoy and drop things you don't. I'm of the opinion that it's better to drop a project than leave it lingering in a state of uncertainty forever. At least if you drop it, other groups have the opportunity to pick it up.

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

It basically comes down to what seravi said. Which is one of the reasons why we're not going to be picking up Nagi. We simply don't have the staff to handle another project, and even if we did we don't have any raws.

joined Mar 2, 2013

I completely understand but why not just continue this one? After all this time, don't the readers earn the right to have it continued after being so patient? The last release was January 27, 2007... It's March 2, 2013 right now. That's too long to keep the project on hold. How would you feel if you found an interesting book and as soon as it got exciting and you started to like it, it gets dropped or put on hold? Think about the readers and not what you think is important. Its the readers that give you business, not your personal preference. -

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Well they did think about the readers. And since the readers apparently weren't as interested in Nagi as they were other things they were working on, it got dropped. It's not like they stopped doing it cause it was popular.

Besides, the scanlation group has been missing since April 2012. They seem to be perma-dead.

last edited at Mar 2, 2013 3:57PM

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

I completely understand but why not just continue this one? After all this time, don't the readers earn the right to have it continued after being so patient? The last release was January 27, 2007... It's March 2, 2013 right now. That's too long to keep the project on hold. How would you feel if you found an interesting book and as soon as it got exciting and you started to like it, it gets dropped or put on hold? Think about the readers and not what you think is important. Its the readers that give you business, not your personal preference. -

First of all, this was never our project, but Xamayon's. Secondly no one gives us any "business", since we don't earn a single cent from the site. (In fact, we're actually losing money thanks to server costs) We're just a bunch of volunteers sacrificing our free time to do what we like.

I don't mind anyone making requests for us to do things. Just realize we don't owe anyone anything. Trying to guilt trip us into doing something won't accomplish anything.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Its the readers that give you business, not your personal preference. -

On the contrary. This is a non-profit reader and most scanlator works are non-profit as well, so personal preference is precisely the currency we deal in. Demanding from people to sacrifice their free time one something they are not interested in based on an unjustified feeling of entitlement in is the best way to turn people away from doing this. If you want to see this translated so badly, maybe "the readers" should actually start giving some "business" and ask a translator who works on commission.

joined Mar 2, 2013

First of all, this was never our project, but Xamayon's. Secondly no one gives us any "business", since we don't earn a single cent from the site. (In fact, we're actually losing money thanks to server costs) We're just a bunch of volunteers sacrificing our free time to do what we like.

I don't mind anyone making requests for us to do things. Just realize we don't owe anyone anything. Trying to guilt trip us into doing something won't accomplish anything.

joined Mar 2, 2013

I didn't mean to offend anyone in any way... I'm just seeing the dropped sign more ad more often. I would help in some way that i can, but i'm not sure i'll be of any help. But, if it helps to bring out my favorite shows, then i can... sorry if i offended anyone in any way. >.<

To reply you must either login or sign up.