Forum › SEIRENSEN discussion

Gah1
joined May 25, 2015

Turn 90 degrees left or right?

Nya
joined Nov 16, 2015

Really effin confused. Is she happy or sad? SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Do you have faith?

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

For the Sanae, the Gensokyo itself are really bizarre place so the ending fits her

I read it while listen to Sanae arrangement from foreground eclipse and imagine the badass-ness of Sanae messing up hijiri and co lol

Disgruntled Farmer Tenshi
__daiyousei_hinanawi_tenshi_and_kazami_yuuka_touhou_drawn_by_warugaki_sk_ii__39c8d7402995cfc3bfca4fa9427cf45f%20(3)
joined Mar 8, 2017

Okay, so my take on this is that the "rule" for becoming a "god" is talking about how Sanae is the only one semi-aware that she's in a "game", through Continues and what-not. She knows that as long as she's "destroying evil", she's fulfilling her role as the Heroine, and thusly can't lose, no matter how many times she's defeated.

However, when she's fulfilling that role, it's not her who's in control, but the Player, i.e. us. And we, as players, always attempt to mercilessly beat down our opposition, because to us it's just a game where defeating the opponents is the goal.
Sanae is only dimly aware of what's going on when she's being "The Heroine", and it feels like a dream where everything you do makes some kind of logic, no matter how twisted. But when she/we defeat the Final Boss, Hijiri, the Player has no reason to stick around, and Sanae is back in control, now fully aware of what she has done. Cue the regret.

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

Just to ask but who is the "cherry wraith that dances with mortality" referring to? Does anyone know?

joined Mar 1, 2022

Just to ask but who is the "cherry wraith that dances with mortality" referring to? Does anyone know?

I’m guessing yuyuko, considering the list goes roughly in chronological order of final/extra bosses from the games

To reply you must either login or sign up.