Forum › Tagging

joined Dec 13, 2014

Hello!

I have some questions about tagging that I hope are okay to ask.
One is that I have a lot of tags in the "without tags" bar, but the problem is, works containing these tags will still come up! It's (I think) because it's looking through chapter by chapter and thus even if the work contains something I'm not interested or comfortable with, if one chapter doesn't have that tag the work will still appear. Is there a way to change this?

Also would it be possible to have tag for underage characters? I have seen a lot of 18+ material with characters that are said to be under 18. It would be really nice to have a specific tag for that, please.

Have a great day!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Sure.

One is that I have a lot of tags in the "without tags" bar, but the problem is, works containing these tags will still come up! It's (I think) because it's looking through chapter by chapter and thus even if the work contains something I'm not interested or comfortable with, if one chapter doesn't have that tag the work will still appear. Is there a way to change this?

That is an excellent catch, and not something that's ever been pointed out, to my knowledge! Just to be clear, you're referring to the advanced search page with parameters like this:

That then bring up a result The Feelings We All Must Endure, which upon further inspection has several NSFW chapters, like so:

Ideally, the series should be excluded from your search, correct? (Noting for anyone who reads: the lack of chapter-series tag filtering exists regardless of boxes checked or unchecked.)

Also would it be possible to have tag for underage characters? I have seen a lot of 18+ material with characters that are said to be under 18. It would be really nice to have a specific tag for that, please.

It's roundabout for now, and not fully supported (especially on older content), but you may exclude the following tags to (hopefully) limit your exposure to underage characters: School girl, School life and Lolicon. We're likely to have a different system for this at some point in the future, but there are tens of thousands entries to update. So, it may be a while before there is a cleaner solution. My apologies for the trouble.

last edited at Mar 17, 2022 3:54PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.