Forum › Fate/X discussion

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

In regards to the pairing names involving the Protagonist of Fate/Grand Order, she does have a canon name - Fujimaru Ritsuka, similar to how the Fate/Extra protagonist's canon name is Kishinami Hakuno. So with that in mind, can all of the pairing names with the Protagonist be changed to Ritsuka instead for consistency's sake? Also change the single Medea x Gudako pairing name, since Gudako is another nickname for the protagonist. Thanks.

last edited at Mar 4, 2017 2:52AM

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

In regards to the pairing names involving the Protagonist of Fate/Grand Order, she does have a canon name - Fujimaru Ritsuka, similar to how the Fate/Extra protagonist's canon name is Kishinami Hakuno. So with that in mind, can all of the pairing names with the Protagonist be changed to Ritsuka instead for consistency's sake? Also change the single Medea x Gudako pairing name, since Gudako is another nickname for the protagonist. Thanks.

Was it ever officially confirmed that Ritsuka is her canon name too? Or are you basing this on Danbooru and other similar sites?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Was it ever officially confirmed that Ritsuka is her canon name too? Or are you basing this on Danbooru and other similar sites?

Actually, that's a good point. I just checked and that name was only ever used for the male protagonist in the drama CD.

However, considering Ritsuka is a gender-neutral name and the protagonist for Fate/Extra shared the same name regardless of gender, it's probably a safe assumption. It can go either way, at least until the an official name for the female protagonist is actually confirmed. If anyone has more information about this, please correct me.

Either way though, the Medea x Gudako tag should be changed to be consistent with the other tags, at the very least.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

It's definitely not apt to use Ritsuka yet without proper confirmation. Even her nendoroid is still named Gudako. Hakuno is assuredly the canon name because the source materials (the games) use it as the default name for both protagonists; pretty big difference with Ritsuka being the canon female name based off of an adaptation that featured her as an extra in the background while some other guy uses the name.

On the bright side, I've heard people say that an interview with Aniplex mentioned something about wanting to use Gudako as the protagonist if they ever create more fate/go anime adaptations. The only reason (according them) that they used Gudao was because he already had a voice in the Drama CD, so they just went along with that. That latest TV CM just teased anime Gudako and ugh, when will it happen?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

It's definitely not apt to use Ritsuka yet without proper confirmation. Even her nendoroid is still named Gudako. Hakuno is assuredly the canon name because the source materials (the games) use it as the default name for both protagonists; pretty big difference with Ritsuka being the canon female name based off of an adaptation that featured her as an extra in the background while some other guy uses the name.

On the bright side, I've heard people say that an interview with Aniplex mentioned something about wanting to use Gudako as the protagonist if they ever create more fate/go anime adaptations. The only reason (according them) that they used Gudao was because he already had a voice in the Drama CD, so they just went along with that. That latest TV CM just teased anime Gudako and ugh, when will it happen?

Thanks for the corrections. I have to admit, I'm not really too familiar with the Fate series in general, so just discount what I've said so far. I agree though, I really do hope that she'll show up in the anime.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

No problem, glad I could help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC8V2ZvarvQ

Here's the TV CM that I was talking about by the way if anyone was curious.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I should probably start fixing any pairing tags that are incorrect or mislabeled soon. If you have any feedback on the tags used at the minute, it would be appreciated.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Just one question: Do you use the Heroic Spirit classes for the pairing tags to avoid spoiling their identities? I just think it might lead to some confusion down the line when someone unfamiliar to the franchise sees two fanart of rider X someone but involves completely different people since they just share the same class. We already have two riders here with Marie Antoinette and Medusa, and it seems that to avoid confusion the tag used for the former uses her real name while the latter used the class name, which now leads to an inconsistency issue.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I had no idea they even had identities that could be considered spoilers lol

I think it just started using the class names as a tag cause initially I was only aware of them through works that called them mainly by the class name, stuff like Rider and all that. Again, I have no idea about this stuff, so I can't really pass judgement on it. Do you and others think it would be better to use real names? Or a mixture of the class and real names even.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I think real names would work best. Mixture of real and class names seems inconsistent to me and purely using class names is just not indicative of who the people involved in the pairing actually are. They're even more vague and confusing for people unfamiliar with the series, with stuff like Saber Saber of Red Saber Extra Saber Lily Sakura Saber. There's a lot of saberfaces in the Fate franchise.

I do appreciate the use of saber of red instead of red saber though, since the latter is referring to Saber Extra while the former is Mordred.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Also for some reason pairings of Avenger with Saber Alter is tagged as Jeanne Alter, while everything else is tagged as Avenger

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

We need some images of Anastasia and Gudako. Both of them look cute together.

To reply you must either login or sign up.