Forum › Pages long loading time [Help]

joined Jul 14, 2016

Hi,

MMmmmmm... I don't know if this has only heppened to me. Lately, any manga I open here on dynasty takes a lot of time to load each page (from 2 to 10 min depending on the resolution).

Before the second half of february it took me about 1 min to load a HQ page even if downloading on the background.

Is this a problem for someone else or just me?

Edit: also, it's just with the manga itself. The site loads normally but the images take forever ;-;

last edited at Mar 3, 2017 2:24PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I have this issue as well but it's just a matter of my ISP being utter garbage. It does seem like more people are complaining about the site being slow lately, however, but it's probably not something those hosting the site can fix.

linkuan posted:

Edit: also, it's just with the manga itself. The site loads normally but the images take forever ;-;

Also just to clarify this bit for you: Images make up a very disproportionate chunk of the bandwidth required to browse the site. For example this entire page, including your avatar (before I submitted this post), was only about 50 kilobytes. In comparison I just went and checked the first page of the topmost entry on the front page and it's a 1000 kilobyte file. That's 20x the size of this page.

joined Jul 14, 2016

I know Images are always bigger than the site itslef. But it doesn't explain why are they taking longer to load.

If I go to the images category those load normally. But when I try to load a manga it takes more time. I'm not blaming the site or the host, but this is something I think is pretty weird.

In summary: All the Dynasty-Scans site is excelent, except for when I try to read any manga chapter.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I think you may have overlooked an important part of what I said. The images are 20x the file size of the site in general. So manga pages are going to take a lot longer to load than the general pages. For the images section though, this is less of an issue because those images are often very small compared to manga pages.

I clicked a few random images while typing up this post and most of them hovered around the 100-200kb range which is only 2-4x the size of the site's pages and only 10-20% the size of the manga pages. As a comparison, this chapter posted today has images that are much smaller than most chapters uploaded, being right around the 200kb mark, and I have no issues loading them at all.

last edited at Mar 8, 2017 3:25PM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Yeah, it often depends on the size of the manga, some things are uploaded in unfortunately huge filesizes (70mb for a 20 page doujin etc), and where possible, I upload the lower res versions so they don't take forever to load. But sometimes I can't, which leads to situations of long load times for people.

To reply you must either login or sign up.