Forum › Posts by Valkyrie

Valkyrie
joined May 2, 2013

I agree with the "Fuck the Police" statement. But ugh, of course they decided to pull the subtly transmisogynistic cliché of "Man dresses up as woman to perv on girls". Which happens approximately never in real life, yet is used as an excuse to deny trans women access to bathrooms and women's shelters. Ok, sorry for off-topic. Otherwise was a good chapter.

joined May 2, 2013

Now I want to see more Marisa x Shanghai. Oh jeez the cuteness.

Valkyrie
Shounen discussion 24 Jul 20:19
joined May 2, 2013

I did specify adult trans women.

Valkyrie
Shounen discussion 24 Jul 18:56
joined May 2, 2013

So annoying that they always seem to make adult trans women (or similar) characters more masculine-looking than the most masculine cis man.

Valkyrie
joined May 2, 2013

Condoms can be made into dental dams with a scissor. Or maybe she is a pre/non-op trans woman and has a penis (fat chance).

Valkyrie
joined May 2, 2013

I suppose. My mental eraser of shitty parts (and replace them with awesome trans women parts) may be too effective.

Valkyrie
joined May 2, 2013

Everyone dismisses the idea that she could possibly be a pre/non-op trans woman. Still yuri.

Valkyrie
joined May 2, 2013

It's rather harmless yes, but it can be a small microaggression since well, light skin is just assumed default (and not tagged). That's not to say we should tag light skin since manga sure does love its light skin which will lead to silly amounts of tags.

Valkyrie
joined May 2, 2013

You. I like you. I tend to read these kinds of stories despite the weird and cissexist writing since, well, I'm starved for any kind of semblance of representation. I just wield my mental eraser of shitty parts with extreme prejudice.

Valkyrie
joined May 2, 2013

I say leave it ambiguous if you must do anything. That way people can read into it what they want. The current tags are excellent.

(I will always side-eye people who read this as yaoi though. Side-eye I tell you.)

last edited at May 4, 2013 12:01PM

Valkyrie
joined May 2, 2013

I'm a trans woman too. This does feel more like the author reassuring their own insecurities by making the characters say they are boys, and it is very weird how it's done. They definitely seem more like trans girls/women from any viewpoint.

Valkyrie
joined May 2, 2013

Thanks to whoever removed the Yaoi tag <3

Valkyrie
joined May 2, 2013

This is not Yaoi. This is Het. This is a romance between a girl and a boy. That the girl happens to be trans is not a qualifier for it being Yaoi. It's a Heterosexual romance.

last edited at May 2, 2013 5:35PM

Valkyrie
joined May 2, 2013

Sazanami Cherry is not fucking Yaoi and whoever added that tag is an asshole. Ren is a trans girl, she is a girl. The author is clumsy about it and doesn't seem to know that hormones exist, but she is a girl. This is heterosexual.