Forum › Posts by ox

joined Apr 28, 2023

Since this is one of those stories with low-effort ultra-specific titles, I'm gonna go ahead and comment on why this particular one doesn't work that well in my opinion.

When it comes to these types of titles, I expect the story to be exactly what the title suggests. However, I feel like this one was a bit misleading in that sense: when I read "Moving In with a Crossdressing Girl After a Breakup", I expect the moving in and crossdressing to be the main themes of the story. So I imagined that we would quickly get to the moving in part and then see how it goes from there. However, two thirds of the story where actually about her breakup and how she supposedly ruins her relationships by being overbearing. Granted, it didn't say living with a crossdressing girl, but I'd imagine the actual moving in would have been more important than the reason why she's now single. The whole moving in and crossdressing lasted only four pages, and we didn't really get to see anything about what happens after either. So how was the crossdressing even important? We could've had the same story without it and it would be pretty much the same.

(On a side note, the implication that she may somehow make her fall for her because she looks like a guy now seems a bit silly to me).

Translator here, I definitely beefed with the ultra-specific title lol - especially because I prefer to make these longer titles a little snappier. But I had to just work with what the author wrote... Unfortunately I feel it's bad practice to editorialize too far into what I feel it "should" be (though I agree it's almost misleading in this case).

Similar note: not sure if the author is gay-baiting or has a particular plan in mind for a continuation, but I did find this in the #創作百合 (basically indie yuri) hashtag on Twitter so I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

last edited at May 17, 2023 11:44AM