Forum › Posts by J0SH

J0SH
Amanozako discussion 09 Jan 12:46
joined Aug 3, 2022

To me, this is still Zounose's most confusing work to date. From what I could grasp, Seija kidnapped Kozusu and the more influential villagers used this as an opportunity to finally create a ruler for the human village, by using Seija as the offering to summon Amanozako to save the kidnapped child, thus recognising her as a savior. However, since the youkai do not want the humans to have a ruler, Mamizou created a plan to save Kozusu and prevent Amanozako. She doesn't want Reimu intefering because 1) it is the humans who are trying to create a new ruler, so this is a human village issue , 2) it would reveal the kidnapped child to be kozusu and 3) the villagers displeasure with the Hakurei shrine maiden would increase as she prevented something that would, in their eyes, benefit the village. Mamizou knew Shou, or at least someone from the temple, would jump in to save Kozusu(as stated by her last line), thus saving Kozusu and disrupting the ritual.

Loose ends:

. The villagers want to keep Kozusu's identity hidden to make the rumour more confusing, Mamizou wants to keep Kozusu's identity hidden to reduce panic.

. Pg 29 is about how Mamizou and Nue knew of Seija's plot before anyone else and were able to create a counterplan, as Seija spilled the details to Nue like an idiot.

.Pg 19's comment on the shabbiness of the ritual by Tojiko is about the human's relying on people's faith in Amanozako to save them causing her to manifest rather than actually summoning her with a priest. The humans in charge gathered all this faith by purposefully spreading a confusing rumour.

.pg 55 Nue said her seeds were not needed as everyone already expected Kozusu to need saving(when the seeds took the form of her arm), so there was no need to trick them(although this is abit confusing)

.pg 53 Nazrin's comment is about other influential villagers becoming suspicious if those who planned the ritual actually cared about Kozusu's wellbeing and villagers begining to disregaurd the rumours as most of the people who spread it were not there firsthand. Thus the incident was forgotten and order returned.

The amount of mental gymnastics this took to justify a doujin about one of my favourite characters, but hey, I hope this block of words was at least useful to those who spent the time to read it.

last edited at Jan 9, 2023 12:51PM

joined Aug 3, 2022

poor rinnosuke

There were no other males in Gensokyo to use as a model, they had no choice!

J0SH
joined Aug 3, 2022

I really like this author's excessive shading style, too bad this is his only work