Forum › Posts by asanagi21

joined Jul 17, 2022

I'm guessing there's probably a lot of HajiMomo shippers who got thrown for a loop this chapter (myself included).

Me, I'm the shippers. I've been wondering about that though already, so I've been just hoping it wasn't the case, but here we are

joined Jul 17, 2022

^ ok? That’s interesting, but it doesn’t explain why the band was called SS girls long before the Sunny Spot song was written.

Yeah, I just thought it was interesting as well, mostly because of Himari. I'm inclined to believe in the S-rank videogame meaning. Anyway, only Eku herself knows for sure lol

joined Jul 17, 2022

About the band's name, I saw someone from Japan saying that Sunny Spot comes from the word Hidamari: “Soft light and warmness that subtly illuminates a place, it gives me the impression that mentally it calms and appeases the spirit”. And that's where Himari's name seems to come from as well, because she's Yori's hidamari (and everyone's hidamari really, she's like a little ray of sunshine for anyone next to her). And also, if we take Sunny Spot's initials we have SS and the band might be called that because the group and music are the girls' safe and sunny place and their music is meant to be just like that for everyone, fun and sunny.
Meanwhile, we have Lorelei, a band with a siren's name, alluring and enchanting, but with songs meant to luring men to their deaths.

joined Jul 17, 2022

Another excellent chapter. Even if we didn't get a lot of Yorihima content, they were still there showing off their growth and wholesomeness by the end. I really like the band plot as well and it was a great chapter for SSGIRLS. Mari and Kaori are extremely cute too, they deserve more appreciation.