Forum › Posts by lukajos

lukajos
1 x ½ discussion 11 Mar 05:43
joined Mar 9, 2022

Heya I'm new here.

This manga has been really important to me for like a year now and I spent it reading and re-reading it without having anyone to talk about it, so reading all 128 pages of discussion spanning 5 years was a real treat sjbshsbshahs

It was also great to get a link to the english translation of the redraw, because I certainly wasn't finding it before. (I've been reading the spanish translation cause I speak portuguese, but english is a lot more comfortable).

What I can say so far is that I'm glad Taiyaki is doing this to strenghten the foundation of her story so to speak for a even better build up to part 2. This manga is so good it deserves a more polished version with everything more the author can give to it now that she is far more equipped than years ago. 1 x ½ might as well be her magnum opus and I feel like this has the potential to only elevate the material (artistic possibilities of including more details, a tighter and more creative panel work that was already pretty amazing before in its composition even if a bit too rough etc.) and even make it more accessible to readers who don't give a chance/merit to rough doujin art.

The only thing it doesn't really have going for it is the same quality of translation as before (phrase construction of the previous translator flowed better and sounded more natural imo) and sometimes the dialogue sounds like a downgrade, a bit too manga-like (but again, could be all translation) instead of that realistic + dry feel to it.

Overall I'm really happy it's going strong and I wish my japanese was advanced enough to understand stuff from the newer chapters because some pretty major stuff about Ayako seems to be coming into focus...

last edited at Mar 11, 2022 5:44AM