Aki/Momo discussion 10 Jan 11:36
Smallrat
joined Feb 14, 2022

short, tropey, super cute

autumnmn
Asako discussion 02 Jan 23:58
Smallrat
joined Feb 14, 2022

Holy hell I just looked at the raws for the next few chapters and now I have a desperate need for chapters 21 and 22 to be translated, because I am mad curious what exactly is said around/about that extremely trans-behaving character.

Smallrat
joined Feb 14, 2022

Well I can't read Japanese so I can't get into the nuances of the original text, so I guess I have nothing more to say on which interpretation is right. But, wacky aside: On page 5 i think there's a joke that somehow went over my head, with Wanko saying "things could get violent", and then her being the one "getting violent" two panels later (with the intensity of her reaction making Sakuma say "Whoa").

last edited at Feb 14, 2022 4:45PM

Smallrat
joined Feb 14, 2022

Wanko's concern appears to be FOR Kita-kun becoming the TARGET of transphobia.

If that were the case, why does she say "things could turn violent if YOU let your guard down", and more significantly why does she look reflexively enraged when Kita shows up? If her primary motivator was concern FOR Kita, she wouldn't have that rage face...

That being said, the last page has this whole hostility/caution thing blown away lightly with "A relative of a fan is guaranteed to be a nice person", suggesting that Wanko immediately and resolutely switched to seeing Kita as a nice person. So I don't expect Wanko-being-hostile to be much of a thing in future chapters either way.

last edited at Feb 14, 2022 2:50PM

Smallrat
joined Feb 14, 2022

yay the trans subplot is back. oh no, wanko’s being one of those “angry girl who automatically assumes the trans person is a dangerous pervert” characters. i appreciate sakuma being chill and even acknowledging that yes, trans women can also be attracted to women.

chapter 102 could probably do with a Transgender tag, like the last chapters featuring the same character. i really liked those chapters, especially the “ideal future” bit.

last edited at Feb 14, 2022 3:37AM