Forum › Posts by Sean

Forbiddenlove
joined Jun 21, 2021

AFAIK it was indeed organized specifically with the goal of getting as many groups on the credits as possible. And as people guessed, many people's part was very small, in order to achieve that goal. For example, I translated a single line of dialogue and typeset just the author/title block on the first page.

last edited at Jan 1, 2024 12:21PM

Forbiddenlove
joined Jun 21, 2021

Ch11 pg 2, translation error? For once it's Kagai getting embarrassed to Komada's delight.

Yeah, thanks for pointing it out. My brain was too used to the usual way things go, I guess :P

Forbiddenlove
joined Jun 21, 2021

Welp here we go

Forbiddenlove
joined Jun 21, 2021

I am so happy yuri is back and I got to read this masterpiece.

Forbiddenlove
joined Jun 21, 2021

I'm guessing that RELAX <-> ILUVU misunderstanding is something completely untranslatable so I feel like I shouldn't complain too much... but it felt really clunky nonetheless.

Yes and no. On one hand, the misunderstanding is actually completely implausible even in japanese (ochitsuite <-> aishiteru). The only thing that matches is the number of syllables, which we tried to match using the number of letters.

But what is more natural in japanese, of course, is that one character = one syllable so the written language does a better job representing the whole "mouthing each syllable one at a time" and "trying to identify each syllable from her mouthing it" thing. We also considered writing out individual syllables in each of the bubbles, which is closer to the intended effect, but I thought writing out separated syllables in english looked weird. (also the most natural translations were like, 2 or 3 syllables, not 5...)

The high effort move would have been to erase two of the five bubbles in the first panel and find a 3 syllable translation ("calm your tits"? :P ) so that it could be mistaken for "I love you". Maybe I should have done that.

last edited at Oct 30, 2022 7:28PM

Forbiddenlove
joined Jun 21, 2021

Was this dropped?

No I was just busy with work. Next two chapters will be out real quick.

Forbiddenlove
joined Jun 21, 2021

Yes, I did struggle a lot with the handwriting font choices. Originally I had something much uglier with hand-adjusted letter sizes, etc, but some people thought it was really painful to read - and like Chikaon said, only needed to be childish & cute, not ugly, so this was the compromise. The final font maybe could have been more "normal" but then I was worried the difference would be too subtle, especially since the font on the final letter needed to be so small. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

last edited at Jan 13, 2022 9:54AM

Forbiddenlove
joined Jun 21, 2021

shouldn't it be upperclassmen?

Yes, I had a brain fart. Will be fixed with next upload.

Forbiddenlove
joined Jun 21, 2021

Just wanted to say the translation is excellent, the typesetting is god-tier, and I even read through most of this thread just for the editor's sarcastic posts. Thanks for all the great work.