Forum › Posts by imnoweeb

joined Dec 13, 2020

When the anthology puts so much emphasis on there being girl x girl relationships and literally has yuri in its title, it’s only natural people would assume it be yuri-only. And I would like to ask the question, have yuri-only anthologies/mangas ever straight out said “this is yuri-only”??

Even with so much emphasis on yuri relationships and yuri in the title, I didn't once assume it to be yuri-only. It doesn't seem natural to do so at all as far as I'm concerned. To answer your question, I don't really know if anything is ever identified in that way, but I would hope that they wouldn't go the exclusionary route. I'd hope that most publishers of works by the LGBTQ+ community wouldn't use that sort of terminology even if the stories contained within were literally only yuri and nothing else. We want a community of inclusion, right? Besides, what benefit would people have knowing that there's only yuri and nothing else in it?

I’m just asking you how a author would make the distinction of “yuri-only” vs. “yuri-centered” since you said it was so important. And just because YOU didn’t make the assumption doesn’t mean most people didn’t too? Most people, including those in Japan assumed that this was a yuri-only anthology. Don’t use personal anecdotes as fact. Also I’m not sure where you’re going with this “LGBT inclusion” nonsense. And the benefit would be that the reader knows what to expect in the story. Some readers don’t want to see men they only what a pure yuri relationship, and they should be given that right. It’s not “exclusionary” to say that.

last edited at Dec 13, 2020 2:00PM

joined Dec 13, 2020

Actually, it was promoted as a yuri-only anthology...the anthology LITERALLY has yuri in the name and the description says, “An anthology featuring a variety of stories with girl x girl relationships, with a focus on Heroine x Villainess!”

I feel the need to point out that yuri-centered is not the same as yuri-only. This is a very important distinction that needs to be made. The description above says nothing about it being yuri-only. All of the anger I've seen in this thread centered on this particular point seems like people making assumptions.

When the anthology puts so much emphasis on there being girl x girl relationships and literally has yuri in its title, it’s only natural people would assume it be yuri-only. And I would like to ask the question, have yuri-only anthologies/mangas ever straight out said “this is yuri-only”??

last edited at Dec 13, 2020 8:40AM

joined Dec 13, 2020

This is NOT a yuri-only anthology, and was never promoted as one. It includes yuri but it is not SOLELY yuri.

Actually, it was promoted as a yuri-only anthology...the anthology LITERALLY has yuri in the name and the description says, “An anthology featuring a variety of stories with girl x girl relationships, with a focus on Heroine x Villainess!”

Actually it has not Yuri in it as seen here

Never said it was a yuri, I said it was promoted as one because the description put emphasis on there being girl x girl relationships.

joined Dec 13, 2020

This is NOT a yuri-only anthology, and was never promoted as one. It includes yuri but it is not SOLELY yuri.

joined Dec 13, 2020

I was really excited for this anthology but I think this addition to it ruins it. This story throws off the whole anthology. The anthology itself says it’s girlxgirl, so I don’t know why the authors made the relationship girlxgirlxguy. The authors could’ve easily made the prince a supporter of the relationship or if they wanted there to be a twist have him be into men! But instead they decided to have a disappointing and unnecessary poly relationship and make the story inconsistent with the rest of the anthology.