Forum › Posts by caeliro

Meruem1
joined Aug 23, 2020

Dont feel like I entirely agree with the portrayal of the characters (though maybe I didnt fully understand it). However, this is definitely the best looking fanwork I've seen. Each page seemed like it could have been a screenshot from an official animation.

caeliro
Meruem1
joined Aug 23, 2020

gonna get hate for this but..........you brought this on yourself homura, these are the consequences, live with them (of course she cant but still)

what was homura supposed to do? let madoka stay as god for all of eternity to destroy witches. That would be awful

Not become the devil? just saying.

Not sure if there's a point posting this so many years later but oh well. I do feel bad for Homura. She spent over 12 years in the loops with a singular goal: to save Madoka. She said it herself in the main series that it was the only thing she had left, the only thing that kept her going and prevented her from becoming a witch. I think it makes sense that that mission became hardwired into her / became part of who she is. At the end of the series there is literally nothing she can do to change Madoka's fate, but when she sees the opportunity in Rebellion she takes it. And even after she accomplishes it, it's not like she's super happy or anything (she actually seems kind of depressed). I highly doubt that she likes what she has become and feels guilty about what she did to Madoka (going against her wishes) in order to save her. But she still did because it's not really a choice for her at this point anymore.