Forum › Posts by sentiniel

joined Jun 18, 2020

How does she do it? How does Iwami-sama manage to condense in a a few extra pages so much goodness?

Fuuko and Yuni enjoying fluffy intimacy, Fuuko with different hairstyles, Yuni's dark thoughts melting reality, Fuuko and Yuni as children, Fuuko and Yuni as nuns, the author's comments with her own impressions about the story (lol at the new editor), Yukirinrinrin looking all wholesome as there are no toxic triangles for her... and of course Yuni's mom, haha, who looks like she must have had a reputation as an easy lay with the guys around the block. I wonder what sort of things she taught Yuni about relationships?

@sentiniel: I have your back.

... jokes aside, that's exactly it! i really do have to appreciate their consideration for yuni and fuuko probably having seen each other once during elementary... and i can't help but root for them due to the perspective the author's taking us through the story. especially with the additional images uploaded, it really does feel as though yuni and fuuko being together is the focus of the story, questionable content be damned.

thank you very much for understanding. m(_ _)m

last edited at Oct 22, 2023 1:49AM

joined Jun 18, 2020

yuni and fuuko... i'm obsessed with them... i am rotating them in my brain forever...
it's okay if everyone is hate reading it. if this manga has only one fan that one fan is me copy pasta real

(they also didn't have to put them in the sexy nun outfits...)

joined Jun 18, 2020

You understand why it took me 9 months to do that chapter, lol.

It's never pleasant when something you're working on is shat on at every turn.

I don't know when I'll do the next chapters, but I'll surely do, because not finishing something is against my work ethics.

logged in to tell you that i appreciate your work and the uploads, even if they will take a while. i'm the target audience for works like these, right down to the controversial tropes of the 2000's (approx). thank you very much. (-人-)

sentiniel
Cat Love discussion 04 Mar 10:34
joined Jun 18, 2020

um i feel kind of hurt over the lack of analysis over the manga? not sure if i'm over thinking it... i thought this piece was a pretty decent (and hurtful) analysis of vulnerability? from my pov, it seemed as though the cheating tag didn't exactly feel right given the situation, though i totally understand that's where most of the outrage stemmed from.

i read it as "girl gets attached after a few one night stands" given that there's no explicit mention of a relationship mentioned? the title of "cat love" also seemed like a pun to me given the cat = bottom motif in japan, and how mc was the sex recipient in the manga sort of parallels. that + mao says a whole bunch of adoring stuff, takes care of the mc, and even offers to hook up multiple times, it really does seem that mc thinks that it's a courtship given that's the typical norms (you make advances + say nice things to people you like, and mao makes that 'clear' when she cooked breakfast for mc). despite that, it really was just mao doing whatever she liked, which mc couldn't tell/read, because all of the signs of being taken care of seems like the ideal image for a "bottom" -> cat love. you can tell mc even regrets wishing hatred on mao despite finding out the player scenario because she genuinely believed in that sort of romance.

yeah, it's got to hurt being in a postion like that for mc, and yeah maybe there isn't enough information being given, and yeah it's a story about cheating which usually gets flack on this site (i get it!) but isn't in-between-the-lines also an appropriate vehicle for story-telling? i think it was a nice read, and maybe the nuances of the story aren't being interpreted correctly. the wistful mood, mc's reflection and character parallels to the cats wasn't exactly for naught.

joined Jun 18, 2020

Yo shit, for real? That's kinda based. Maybe we'll even get an anime adaptation of the LN, too, considering his other works got adaptations and those works are quite famous, as well.

i do hope so myself! i'm aware that yomi is currently writing 2 novels at once this time (the other is titled 'weirdo salad bowl/salad bowl of eccentrics'), the latter of which looks like it's an isekai pvp fantasy novel where people across different regions of japan gather and... something happens? since the landscape of jp media seems to take a liking to isekai stories, it does make me fear this work would be left in the background while the other receives more marketing + press...

either way, i'm a big fan of yomi, so i'll keep my eyes peeled for info.

This being a yuri manga I simply have to assume that it will eventually be revealed the author is at the very least bisexual and that her interest in cute girls is not platonic after all, but the dynamic, the motivations and the build up to that are very promising.

yomi hirasaka's gender has been debated for ages. hence, this is something i can't confirm, but i can say for sure that their works have been quite queer-coded in the past, though to varying degrees. in 'a little sister's all you need', the girls often strip while bonding, and in 'i don't have many friends', the main heroine moves in with another to escape family abuse. (<< this is also the reason why i don't think we'll see a "you have to accept your family no matter what!" stance from the author, though i feel someone who's read 'a little sister's all you need' should probably verify/vouch for this further.) though i'm only speaking from their last 2 titles, both of which have been significant in their own ways, i'm sure their first title way back in the day (titled 'haunted!', featuring a girl ghost haunting another girl) was probably just as queer-coded too.

joined Jun 18, 2020

oh man, was context given that this manga is a spin-off from 'a little sister's all i need'? the pacing in the manga is definitely way faster than in the light novel. and for the excuse about moving in with ebiwara, that background is a solid basis to understand why the characters go to such lengths for some random novelist/author.

i'm actually really excited for this manga to be translated; the first 5 chapters of the ln are available for free, but everything else is shelved behind the books... that being said, thank you butterfly scans for making the translation effort.

the story is by yomi hirasaka, the guy behind 'a little sister is all i need', and also infamously 'i don't have many friends', so we're in it for a wild ride. for everyone feeling punched in the gut after the first 17 pages, i'm sure yomi has more in store for ayu's character development. let's enjoy this journey together. ^.^)9