Forum › Posts by lappalie

joined Jun 3, 2020

Well the main thing is that it's a one-shot, so only so much time in the world. Yes she very likely needs therapy, but I think the one-shot perfectly encapsulates the point of the narrative, which is "Moving on from an abusive family and making a new family with people that actually love you, is one of the best things you can do, and blood relations don't really matter".

Edit: I also think a big point of the narrative is that it ends on a hopeful note of, "She's moving on, and starting the healing process". Yes there's more work to be done, but that's again not the point of this one-shot.

Yeah, I didn't really considered the overall point of the narrative! You are totally right and I think this shows that this lovely story has the potential for a series, but it is already great on itself like that, especially considering your edit! I don't really know why I was thinking that my opinion concerns your point about the portrayal of abuse, it was very late here in Germany when I wrote that, forgive me if I said something stupid.

joined Jun 3, 2020

The only thing nearly as charming as this are all the author’s other series.

Absolutely true!

joined Jun 3, 2020

It sounds like you're saying the author made the abuse a "bit too much", which bothers me. Physical and emotional abuse of this extent is unfortunately more common than you might think. I don't think this manga is unrealistic in that regard. Some families have severe cases of all kinds of abuse, including sexual abuse as well. People sometimes even kill their children, even in just a brief moment of rage it happens.

I totally agree with this part being realistic, but in this case I think we also have to admit that a forehead kiss and someone who cherishes you (and a place to be yourself even) may not be a good enough afford for healing emotionally and mentally. I love love love this manga, but I think the ending portrays getting out of an abusive situation too lightly. I still am happy that they are seemingly very happy with each other, they are too cute!

last edited at Feb 21, 2021 5:57PM

lappalie
joined Jun 3, 2020

One of the best manga ever read. I sat on my bed crying till 4 am. When I stood up at 6 to go to school I was still mesmerised. Worth it though. I really recommend reading the rest of it, it has 62 chapters in total.

joined Jun 3, 2020

Sighs and straps in
Same lol

joined Jun 3, 2020

I dont know if I like the turn of events. I hope it doesnt go down the "we have no choice, the child comes first" path, as they arent prepared TT