Forum › Posts by Adachi Sakura

Adachi Sakura
20200511_192659
joined May 3, 2020

/cackles in QC

/cackles some more

/continues to cackle for a very long time

So evil.

Lol honestly though, my thanks to you and the team for volunteering your free time to work on providing us all with the highest quality translation possible. I recently read the first light novel that was officially released in English, and, I have to say, this fan translation really does hold its own when compared to it. I'm really impressed that a fan project carried out in your free time can have the same level of quality as a professional product. So, really, thanks again to the team.

last edited at May 12, 2020 10:25PM

Adachi Sakura
20200511_192659
joined May 3, 2020

Sh-Shimamura?! I-I mean, um, hello Shimamura. I didn't know you were here... It's, um, nice to see you again.

/covers ears and looks away while dying internally of embarrassment

Adachi Sakura
20200511_192659
joined May 3, 2020

Nah, don't buy it, Adachi would never waste her time going on a forum that doesn't have Shimamura on it.

Well...I figured that since I can't spend every second with Shimamura (unfortunately), I can at least spend the remaining parts of the day writing about her. This way, even though we might not physically be together, she's always with me...

Ugh...how embarrassing...what's wrong with me?

last edited at May 10, 2020 12:38PM

Adachi Sakura
20200511_192659
joined May 3, 2020

A yuri anime getting a second season would be something to see

Sure would. Even seemingly popular ones don't seem to get more than one season

Adachi Sakura
20200511_192659
joined May 3, 2020

True that. I‘d just be sad if people hate on it, just because it‘s slow. The thing about a slow-paced story is, if it doesn‘t have a correspondingly longer adaption, then people would view it as a waste of their time. And AdaShima deserves better than that.

Very true. This story is very introspective, which I feel may be difficult to translate into an anime adaptation where some of the depth will have to be sacrificed.

Only hope is, first season actually gets an open ending, no rushed, made-up ending, really just without conclusion and they announce another season shortly after that, that follows up a few seasons later. (I think Fruits Basket did something of the sort, but I didn‘t watch that one.)

I kind of get the feeling it will either end after the whole Christmas arc or at the end of the first school year. Those seem like kind of natural stopping points for a season, and yeah, hopefully, they'll announce that it's been picked up for additional seasons shortly afterwards. Either way, I hope people get as much enjoyment out of it as I have from reading the novels.

last edited at May 8, 2020 2:38PM

Adachi Sakura
20200511_192659
joined May 3, 2020

I‘m still praying that this is going to be a two-cour season. Especially because I wanna see how they animate the phone call scene (if they managed to pull it off, then this scene alone would easily go viral and make the anime more popular. I‘m pretty convinced, since something like this has probably never happened in anime before - that‘d be one of those anime clips on youtube that reaches millions of views).

That scene would be something to see - heartbreaking certainly but interesting to see how they'd go about it.

If it just turns out to be a one cour... then I smell the anime-only AdaShima consumers going riot and hate on it for being toooo slow and going nowhere.

Agreed. This definitely isn't the most fast-paced story out there considering where we're at almost 6 novels in lol, but that's something I like a lot about it - more time for character development. If they cut the anime too short, I could see a lot of people not being super interested in it. I also don't want to see them rush the story along too fast just to appease those who are impatient because then a lot of the emotional impact of the scenes would be lost. No sense in me being negative before it's even out though lol.

last edited at May 8, 2020 1:31PM

Adachi Sakura
20200511_192659
joined May 3, 2020

I'm happy to finally see this get adapted into an anime. Hopefully they'll keep it going for longer than a single season. Personally, I'm still more excited for updates to the light novel, but it's cool that this story is getting the kind of recognition it deserves and will be able to spread to an even larger audience.

Adachi Sakura
20200511_192659
joined May 3, 2020

Holy crap, it's her, it's THE Adachi! I really hope you'll show that dense and/or in denial Shimamura what you truly feel for her! And I don't care if that takes ten or twenty more volumes!

The one and only. I hope one day soon Shimamura will finally show that she feels the same way about me...but I still can't stop myself from wondering: just who was that other girl she was with...? Hmm...still, I won't give up on her no matter what! I'll be the one to stay by her side forever - no more running away!! Look out, Shimamura - here I come!!!
....Um...yeah...please ignore all of that...

last edited at May 4, 2020 7:56PM

Adachi Sakura
20200511_192659
joined May 3, 2020

Great stuff. I really appreciate the time and effort that you and the rest of the team have put in to share such a quality translation for this wonderful story. I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing how the relationship between Adachi and Shimamura continues to develop in the next update and beyond. Keep up the outstanding work!

last edited at May 4, 2020 2:16PM