Forum › Posts by Pannette

Pannette
Nohomousagi
joined Oct 7, 2019

I think Tosiaki's line is more accurate. The line itself is said neutrally and Minami is calm as well. I don't feel anything bad about the whole chapter.

Agreed—especially compared to what happens in some of the other chapters (the hitting), this strikes me as an odd one to spotlight as “problematic” in a lengthy editorial afterword.

Sometimes one person in a couple is more in a sexual place than the other one; working out stuff like that is what couples do.

It's true. I don't mean to say that it was necessarily just straight "problematic" - I tried to highlight it as just my own perspective on the matter. Thought it might make for some good discussion, and frankly I feel better about it knowing now that people are perceiving it this way. So, thank you!

Nohomousagi
joined Oct 7, 2019

The nuance is kinda subtle, so I'm sure the distinction can get a bit hazy sometimes.

Yeah, maybe it's too subtle for me, or maybe I just find it to be an oxymoron (or would it be paradox?) like "altruism".

I think I can conceptualize the difference if I emphasize the following bits:

...getting pleasure from seeing the other person in whatever state of sexual mess you like putting them in
as opposed to
getting pleasure from seeing the other person in whatever state of sexual mess they wanted to be put in

Really subtle, especially since ideally the two bold parts overlap.

Right, yeah, ideally you do totally want them to overlap since they do, but I think it's kinda like... the difference between being a sadist to someone's masochist compared to just standard top/bottom dynamic. like you are both invested in the other's enjoyment of whatever you're doing, just your angles of how you enjoy that are slightly different. Sex is weird and wild, haha.

Nohomousagi
joined Oct 7, 2019

looks up "Service Top"
Pun aside, how is that different from "top"?

Service top in my experience has a focus on care and the other person's needs/feelings moreso than their own. Like for instance, your main interest in being a non-service top is getting pleasure from seeing the other person in whatever state of sexual mess you like putting them in, whereas a service top might be more interested in the other persons' arousal more than their own. The nuance is kinda subtle, so I'm sure the distinction can get a bit hazy sometimes.

Found a typo on c09p03 "I won't be able to hide how aroused on I am" where the word "on" is a word too much. Otherwise thanks for another amazing chapter!

Missed that - I'll have that updated ASAP!

Nohomousagi
joined Oct 7, 2019

Man, I know nothing of Japanese, but I wonder if "I want you to fuck me senseless" sounds as hot in Japanese. Zanka, thank you!! And thank you, people for translating this!!!

Agreed, I wonder what the phrasing was in Japanese. But oof, what a powerful line.

That's a good oof

Original is もっと私を滅茶苦茶にして欲しい

Literally it's like "I want you to make me more messy," but frankly I didn't think that was enough payoff in English. Tons of buildup for what was definitely about to be a crazy night of sex warranted a bit more than just that. Literal is for squares; long live horny.

Pannette
Semelparous discussion 23 Oct 14:38
Nohomousagi
joined Oct 7, 2019

HUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nohomousagi
joined Oct 7, 2019

Sadistic Beauty is an older Korean BDSM webcomic that went on hiatus for a million years and then came back. Kinda... well, really not so great consent in lots of parts. Read it when I was younger and hornier and found out it came off hiatus a while back. Did not age well imo. But when the sex is good, man, it's good, and Gyerin is a side character in it who shows up to seduce the main dom opposite the sub protagonist. They have lots of hot sex and then she fades out of the story, but I guess that either the author or the fans liked her enough that they wanted more, so... this was born, I guess?

Fingers crossed that this goes well!

last edited at May 3, 2021 11:02PM