Forum › Posts by riskins

joined Sep 2, 2019

I just read SushiKnight's recommendation of Marriage as Friends and really enjoyed it. Media of this genre really intrigue me as someone who fits the bill of having "QP" relationships described earlier. It's my first time hearing the term but throughout my life I've always tended to get really close with one person at a time. Those relationships fit snugly in between the "really good friends" to "romantic relationship" zone and I remember them fondly.

However in those relationships I've also had other experiences. Relationships that moved from that zone into a romantic relationship and went poorly. Feelings of being unable to provide what someone else wants but desperately wanting to. A relationship in that zone where the other person got into a romantic relationship with someone else. Feeling sidelined and devastated as my desires in the relationship can no longer be fulfilled.

It's been years since I've had any deep relationships and in many ways I've felt hopeless. Perhaps a part of the reason why is because I have such a hard time understanding myself— especially in the context of society and how other people think; and what other people desire. Struggling to make myself fit in ways that now... seem like I just wasn't capable of.

In this sense media like these can be really helpful to myself and others like me to further their understanding and feel more confident + comfortable in themselves. Even if you're not like Matoi or Yuriko I think it's still beneficial to learn about these different kind of perspectives. Maybe it opens up your mind to new ideas or helps build empathy to people who do live life in these nonstandard ways. Maybe you get into a relationship with someone like this or can help a friend encountering this in themselves or in another.

It's great to see media like these exist and I'm excited to read more like it. I'll be reading YKK and would love to see more recommendations. Keep em' coming!

last edited at Apr 29, 2022 2:25AM

joined Sep 2, 2019

Just wanted to say seeing those 3 releases all together made my week. I tried to join the subber's discord to say as much but the invite is expired lol

riskins
Pink Ribbon discussion 01 Jan 22:30
joined Sep 2, 2019

We need more succinct, no fat yuri serieses. Really good stuff!! The art is wonderful

Don't mind me, just re-reading this series for the fourth time now...

I totally agree, I've been reading yuri on an almost daily basis for several years now and this series is a total gem. It's so refreshing having a manga where the relationship makes actual progress each chapter.

joined Sep 2, 2019

I know it's not common for these type of series but it'd be really nice if this continues to get more and more lovey over time. There's just something about the dynamic between this couple that's really romantic.