Forum › Posts by Aal

(1,%20verand)
joined Jun 18, 2019

That was nice...
Btw, does anyone here know how much holiday Japanese employees officially get? Story just got me wondering. Never mind actually being able to take it

(1,%20verand)
joined Jun 18, 2019

I think the dad is actually less sexist and more dealing with the death of his wife. She wanted Chiaki to grow up to be a good bride and at one point he admits that he blames himself for letting her grow up to be a boyish girl. Chiaki's "I'm a boy" prolly further compounded this so he didn't want to take his kid doing "manly" activities do make it even "worse". Plus there's the whole protection aspect, which he himself also states. I mean, seriously there are many good reasons not to take your kid hunting and "you're a girl" is just a handy way of giving a reason for him. Also seeing as his attitude shifted drastically in the last few pages, he presumably also simply didn't know an awful lot about gender issues in general. Seeing as once he did study he changed his tone, plus the fact that he actually put in the effort to widen his horizons, I think he should get some slack instead of just writing him off as sexist. Fully knowing of course, that not knowing isn't exactly a valid excuse in most situations in life in general.
Hooray for more overanalyzing!
Story was neat

last edited at Apr 6, 2021 12:37PM

Aal
Image Comments 13 Feb 07:56
(1,%20verand)
joined Jun 18, 2019
87661663_p0

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/3433825?q=command_and_conquer%3A_red_alert_2+
Ah this makes me wanna replay some Red Alert 2. It's all about Yuri. "Yuri is master!" "My life for Yuri!" "Yuri construction company!"

last edited at Feb 13, 2021 8:05AM

(1,%20verand)
joined Jun 18, 2019

The whole whoever confesses first loses bit made me think this is gonna go the Kaguya love is war route just with one of them being useless instead but I guess after a couple pages the author thought screw that, I want some couple hand holding action in my work goddammit!

Aal
Image Comments 10 Nov 02:43
(1,%20verand)
joined Jun 18, 2019
74987776_p0

Pirate wants the booty!

Aal
Image Comments 04 Aug 01:36
(1,%20verand)
joined Jun 18, 2019
2019%20birthday%20big

^ "Is her last name Belmont? Cause she's got you whipped"

(1,%20verand)
joined Jun 18, 2019

I wonder if it's on purpose that the princes couldn't have more of a commoner name if one tried^^

(1,%20verand)
joined Jun 18, 2019

Sooo, what's with those names? Sister gigante makes sense, fair enough. But what the hell are the powers of a leberblume(=liver flower)? Drinking while flower viewing?

Aal
Image Comments 15 Feb 11:13
(1,%20verand)
joined Jun 18, 2019
79687376_p0

@bighandxyz
I'd recommend reading the manga from the start. The cringe is a slog, but it makes it all the more worth it once her situation improves

(1,%20verand)
joined Jun 18, 2019

While I really like EriMiho does anyone have some good EriKoume and especially some ErikaxYukari? There's a few pages on danbooru that look interesting but a lot are untranslated sniff

Aal
Image Comments 26 Nov 03:52
(1,%20verand)
joined Jun 18, 2019
(1,%20verand)
joined Jun 18, 2019

Their marketing is giving me some serious Daikatana vibes... But it's got huge tracts of land, so I guess they'll be fine

Aal
Image Comments 14 Sep 16:40
(1,%20verand)
joined Jun 18, 2019
Smaki_syukari.png

"-Zhe bible says a Man should not lay with another Man as he vould a voman. -Wait so it's kosher as long as I'm not fucking a dude in the vagina?" Hellsing abridged

(1,%20verand)
joined Jun 18, 2019

I'd probably go for something like "you are my rock" as the English equivalent. :)

Oh yeah that's the one. I was raking my brains, knowing there was a saying in english but it just didn't come to mind. Which is especially stupid considering that one also translates one to one into german to a saying with the same meaning as the title. I was even thinking of the german one at that time... I'll just blame it on being sleep deprived...
Thanks that would have continued to bother me

(1,%20verand)
joined Jun 18, 2019

For those wondering, the title translates to something along the lines of "I can rely/depend on you" but in this case with more of a romantic implication. Tends to be used a bit more seriously

Aal
Image Comments 30 Jul 15:13
(1,%20verand)
joined Jun 18, 2019
Gkpdpbq

^^^I saw my favourite Pokemon, Mawile, in one of the trailers so for now I'm happy :p

Aal
Image Comments 23 Jul 16:58
(1,%20verand)
joined Jun 18, 2019
D_czk2_vaaewnng-orig

They appear in Das Finale, the ova set after the movie. While they belong to the same senshado team/school, they are actually from two different "factions" which look down on each other and so do these two.

Aal
Image Comments 20 Jul 14:54
(1,%20verand)
joined Jun 18, 2019
75768618_p0

...Though to be honest, the one I'd really wanna read is the Emoji vs Emoji mkII one. (And that Mako one, don't judge me!)

(1,%20verand)
joined Jun 18, 2019

This was cute and amusing, but I cannot for the life of me remember either of these two from the series.

Watch the movie.

They're from Das Finale, the Ova series that got released/is being currently released after the movie.