Forum › Posts by axils

joined Apr 20, 2019

To answer your first question, no. Sneikkimmies uses British English and I use American. (I am uncertain about Gilgamesh.) In American English, yes, the comma is typically placed inside the quotations, but British English can do it either way. Therein lies the difference, so neither is right nor wrong. There are also other things that distinguish the more British utilization in this translation, such as using "toward" vs "towards". or "realized" vs "realised". So it's just regional. :)

To answer your second question, in the final QC that I sent over, I had corrected/suggested that but it apparently didn't make it in. I am neither the only nor the final say, so I submit what I think works and that's that. So far I've never really gone looking at the final release to see what got used and what didn't, lol...

I see, thanks for the clarification!

joined Apr 20, 2019

At risk of completely outing myself as an old fogey, I intentionally left that phrasing in when I was doing my edit/QC because it seemed to fit how teenagers speak, and I still struggle with trying to keep my own verbal tendencies as a decidedly not-teenage person from blurring that. I can't speak for everyone else though.

Alright~
On a side note, I notice that speech tends to end with the comma outside of the quotation marks. For example on pg 9's < “Wouldn’t have thought”, Adachi replied, > shouldn't the comma be within the quotation marks like < “Wouldn’t have thought,” Adachi replied, >?

Also from your post on the 1st page, it seems like the above example should have been "Wouldn't have thought that".

(I apologise if it seems like I'm nitpicking.)

joined Apr 20, 2019

pg23 circulated -> circled
pg55 rarely seen any -> rarely see any
pg56 latch back -> lash back

pg109
copied what it said on the blackboard in my notebook ->
copied what was written on the blackboard into my notebook

I don't got a clue anymore ->
I haven't got a clue anymore / I don't have a clue anymore

pg110 you?”, Adachi -> you?” Adachi

last edited at Apr 20, 2019 12:32PM