uwu it tugged my heart strings c:

blackswan2324
153e8eef-2f5c-4baf-8d8d-9a203e22fe74
joined Feb 10, 2019

This one's good omg, plot twist after plot twist in ch 1 :oo

blackswan2324
joined Feb 10, 2019

^How is the title "Secret Crash on My Sister" related to every character? Mangaka is just stretching this story coz she don't know what to tell anymore. Isn't this their first serialization?

Isn’t that just a subtitle? Or at the very least, that’s just Uta’s POV. If we go with the more literal (albeit still loose) translation of the real title (“Even if these feelings won’t reach”), it seems to apply to the characters I mentioned.

In Uta’s case, she was never able to confess, but she still loved Kaoru. And even when she went for it, she assumed her confession fell upon deaf ears because Kaoru feigned ignorance (until now). Definitely a case of unrequited love and feelings not reaching the other person.

In Miyabi’s case, she’s been having the hardest time trying to express her feelings to Kuroe. In fact, for the longest time, she wasn’t even sure if Kuroe liked her back, but she still tried her best to show Kuroe love. This was also a case of unrequited love (which is later shown to be somewhat untrue) and Miyabi being unsure if her feelings are reaching Kuroe.

In Konatsu’s case, she was never able to have that last talk with Hosumi, even though she seems to have had some romantic feelings for her. To Konatsu, not confessing to her appears to be one of her biggest regrets (we see this in her first conversation with Uta, and again when she reflects on her experiences). Again, another case of unrequited love and feelings not reaching the other party.

Finally, in Kaoru’s case... Well, all of this is speculation because we don’t know how her relationship with Reiichi is beneath the surface, since we’ve seen time and time again that this girl just loves to run away from her difficulties.

It appears that Kaoru seems to love him more than he loves her (forgetting their wedding anniversary, hardly making an effort to keep in touch while he’s away, even on his birthday; possibly cheating on Kaoru, not relying on Kaoru for help/keeping his family problems away or hidden from Kaoru even though they’re supposed to be a team, especially with how involved she already is in their family), and given the cryptic little hints sprinkled everywhere (including: the things I mentioned above, Risako, and how Reiichi looks like he knows what’s on Uta’s mind), it may even be an unrequited love.

Also included in my post above, he may have just settled for Kaoru to ease his childhood friend’s insane susceptibility to loneliness, and to help Uta out (who was going through an incredibly rough time). Not the best excuse, but I mean, he also doesn’t seem to make the best decisions in general.

She was also the one to persistently pursue him even though she was turned down several times. I thought that point was included just for humor’s sake, but in chapter 14, she has a bittersweet expression when she tells Uta that she also knows what it feels like to have a hopeless love, and that she should confess like she wants to be accepted.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch14#29

And most recently, in chapter 20, Yocchan tells Kaoru that she isn’t being nice by pretending like nothing ever happened, and that she should help Uta put an end to her helpless feelings by giving her a clear answer (rejection). But in the next page, Yocchan tells also says that Kaoru should know how it feels to be in Uta’s current position.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch20#28

Well, I ended up writing way more than I should’ve, LOL. But TL;DR is that I feel like the title applies to almost every major character in the story. Actually, my original point (in my post above) was to illustrate that because the title is related to the characters other than Uta, maybe it means that Kaoru’s love for Reiichi is also unrequited.

FINALLY, a lengthy comment worth reading

blackswan2324
joined Feb 10, 2019

It's sad to see people hating her. Naoko is a great mangaka + I'm big fan of Netorare so I'm very satisfied. She's not a "shitty mangaka" because you don't like her style, ah come on guys :'(

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK

blackswan2324
Mayday discussion 23 Feb 09:48
joined Feb 10, 2019

I was getting into the story and was about to cry, when suddenly the credits appeared xD