Forum › Posts by flapjack

flapjack
joined Dec 18, 2018

I think it's a bit crazy to expect every character to have absolute relevance to the main plot or to move it onward. They are there to add dimensions to the cast and the world. Whether that is too distracting from the real issue (whichever that may be at this point) is up to anyone individually.
I don't mind honestly, because the main plot is brewing in the background. You can very clearly see where Uta or Kaoru are being shoved in to make that clear. It can also be a bit (read: very) suffocating to always be in the middle of the very painful drama. Seeing Uta's life outside of that confined space and how her friends influence her with their stories certainly can be positive.

Personally, I was in it for the painful drama. Oh well, I guess I don't have the patience for this kind of nuance. I only got through maybe half the stories in Kiss and White Lily for My Dearest Girl.

flapjack
joined Dec 18, 2018

"My Unrequited Manga Chapter". I mean, what's taking the author so long to put us out of our collective misery regarding this story?

Sometimes I get the feeling that this author would really rather be doing an SOL featuring Kuroe & Co. instead of the storyline this is supposedly about.

Yeah absolutely, I have the same feeling. I have no idea what the storyline is supposed to be about at this point. I really liked this manga in its first few chapters that only really centered around Kaoru and Uta's relationship, which were actually about Uta's unrequited love. I just don't really find any of the other relationships in this manga compelling, especially when Uta and Kaoru have been basically placed on pause and there's this really depressing air of defeat around their relationship. And that's different from angst, I think. Like, how can I be convinced that Uta is longing for Kaoru when every other chapter is about this secondary world built around Kuroe, and Uta's just sort of standing around?

joined Dec 18, 2018

this is probably the cutest thing I've ever read. the two main characters are awkward turtles which i relate v strongly with. i don't even mind that much that like the subtext is tearing me apart, it heals my soul soooo much to see something this wholesome.