Forum › Posts by thedude3445

Mv5bbnxkftztcwmzi0nzawmq@@._v1_
joined Oct 8, 2018

"Heteronormative undercurrent" only means for me the very strange nature of the entire premise, the legal marriage stuff. The main character writing a column in some magazine or website about getting married to a woman, as if it's this weird, unusual, exciting thing. But then being open about not actually loving the person, too... A premise like this in real life, even if it happened just a week after gay marriage was legalized in Japan, would feel bizarre and pointless, and it feels weird to me even in this fluffy comic.

Not to argue about the institution of marriage, which is like a whole big thing I'm sure gets argued about all over this site, but does signing some papers and wearing rings actually, really make them any different than roommates? Legally, yes, but in any other sense, I don't see how anything changed. That comic from a while back, "Wife and Wife," was way more appealing to me because it was actually about the domestic life of a gay married couple, even if they were legally not married.

I know this is just a dumb comic and one I can't help but subscribe to anyway, but this is one of my main niches for fluffy GL comics.... :'( I think I'd probably be in love with this story, honestly, if it was literally the same in every way except that they were actually romantically involved from the start... Or if the comic continues after they finally get together, but that one is probably not happening, knowing Yuri Hime.

joined Oct 8, 2018

This manga makes me so angry lol, and yet I read it all anyway. It's the most ridiculously unrealistic thing ever, where these two clueless women literally get married and act like they are a couple in every way possible, and then are surprised to actually fall in love with each other... It makes no sense with this weird heteronormative undercurrent under the entire premise, and yet it's just cute enough that I want to keep reading...

The latest chapter continues the strange unrealism trend by introducing this extra drama even though neither of them have expressed even the slightest romantic interest in anyone but each other... And of course I still wanna find out what happens lol

My worst fear is that this is gonna end with some pointless drama for a couple chapters, then they'll finally get it through their thick skulls that they, two married women, love each other, and the story will end right as they kiss in Chapter 16, so we never get to ACTUALLY see their married domestic life, just their "roommates with legal documents" life. If the story goes on another 4 or 5 volumes after they inevitably kiss in Chapter 16, I'll be pleasantly surprised, though. I really hope it happens because that's where the story could actually start getting really interesting, rather than just cute.

thedude3445
Collectors discussion 03 Aug 03:28
joined Oct 8, 2018

Collectors has two volumes and is complete, but it ends on a super great note. The ending chapter is 26, although there are more of those French title chapters thrown in as well so it's more like Chapter 30. Some of the 4koma-only chapters got a little repetitive after a while (mostly in Volume 1) but the story really shines later on IMO.I guess it's been scanlated kinda slow but hopefully it will pick up soon.

last edited at Aug 3, 2020 3:30AM

thedude3445
Manase discussion 03 Aug 03:23
joined Oct 8, 2018

I really like this artist a lot, enough that their art inspired a short story prototype thing I wrote once. I don't care whatsoever about Love Live or Bang Dream or any of that, but I like the artist enough that I actually went out of my way to buy physical copies of a lot of their comics so I could read them before they got scanned lol.

thedude3445
joined Oct 8, 2018

Can we add a dedicated section to support the artist, maybe with links to purchase the doujin or manga, and if the artist has a PIXIV Fanbox add this link somewhere noticeable for the reader
This idea is heavily inspired by what MangaDex is doing
I think is really important to give the artist the chance to get more followers and financial support, this could potentially increase the quality of their works and also give a series a better chance to survive in case it gets serialize

I like this idea a lot. I have found a lot of good artists through this site that turn out to have their own websites/fanboxes/etc.that are readily available.