Forum › Posts by mee256

mee256
joined Oct 3, 2018

For not trying to be a dick, you sure nailed it. I mean it was a good suggestion, but really really RUDE!

But why don’t you just google it already?

joined Oct 3, 2018

Thank you for the answer.

Yes I know there is a high chance that kind of SOL doesn't even exist. That's why beside having SOL with the pairing, I asked for anything else with the pairing as well, SFW, ecchi, NSFW, they all will do.

joined Oct 3, 2018

To be more specific about that "Sadist/Tsundere" thing:
- Sadist, or the bully: the girl who pushes/forces/teases the other girl into intimate things. While she is not, she still has some "naughty" aura and usually has an evil smile.
- Tsundere: She always tries to resist, or doesn't resist, but always has the thought "I need to get out of this" in her mind. But she actually likes what the sadist/bully does, she is just too embarrassing or has some reason, and this gives the sadist/bully a chance to be like "You like it, don't you?"

There goes some example about what I described above:
- https://dynasty-scans.com/series/notes_from_the_garden_of_lilies (SFW)
- https://dynasty-scans.com/series/still_sick (SFW)
- https://dynasty-scans.com/series/the_rain_and_the_other_side_of_you (SFW)
- https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/touch_me (NSFW)
- https://dynasty-scans.com/series/netsuzou_trap (NSFW)
Yes I know some of them doesn't have a very good plot, but they got the pairing I love.

The problem with those above manga, let's say with my favorite in the list, "Notes from the garden of lilies", is while I just want endless of Misono (the sadist)/Yuri (the tsundere) moment, it came to a drama that disrupt the beautiful moment and ended. Or in "Netsuzou trap", the drama is endless and I barely see the interaction I want.

That's why I hoped, a slice of life series, where the story doesn't develop much, if it has this kind of pairing, I will find my endless Sadist/Tsundere moment. The question is: does a series like that even exist? As much as I know, most slice of life is about "cute girls do cute things" and it's not my cup of tea at all.

If there is such a thing, please suggest me, if not, please just suggest me more manga that is similar to the list I gave. Both NSFW or SFW is ok, but please put a warning when you give the link. Any help is appreciated, thank you very much!

last edited at Feb 28, 2019 7:59AM

mee256
joined Oct 3, 2018

I almost cry for Uta in chapter 21 ;_;

joined Oct 3, 2018

Checked out some raws but I can't stand not understanding a thing. Especially after seeing Hong still under the thumb of that douche asshole.

Can you give me the link to those Chinese chapters? I tried to find them but they’re nowhere to be found.

My favorite character so far is Ling, she’s so elegant yet badass as hell.

last edited at Jan 26, 2019 9:37PM

joined Oct 3, 2018

I knew the childhood friend would lose automatically so I tried not caring for her, but I clearly failed because I think she is precious as fuck. If she ends up all alone after all this I might just put this artist on the blacklist for not having taste

Same here, and I even never liked the kind of childhood friends love.

• When I first look at chapter 2: Oh no, not again, I don't freaking care about that childhood friends loves, please focus on the main couple.
  • After reading chapter 2: Oh no, now I like her so much, now I have to see her suffer every chapter.

I like both the childhood friend and the senpai, so in the future, whoever of them win the MC, while the other have to suffer, seems like all bad ending for me. Author, why you do this to me ;__;

mee256
joined Oct 3, 2018

and btw, Mankitsu scans, i hope that you're working on the last 3(or4?) chapters, you're my last hope T_T

I’m jumping on the same boat, I really hope that the series is gonna fully translated. What a pleasant feeling when you read a het story, expecting a het plot but then you have surprise yuri!

mee256
Their Story discussion 04 Oct 12:11
joined Oct 3, 2018

You keep thinking you’re making some sort of aesthetic argument about the story when you’re actually just spouting off about binary gender norms.

You’ve convinced one person—yourself—and that’s all you’re likely to ever achieve with this line of “thought.”

I know that when a person going "lalala I'm right, You're wrong, lalala" instead of using something convincing, like details of the story to backup his argument, the conversation should end right there.

I also lost interest in discussing with you, and I think you feel the same, so we should stop, just ignore my comment. Have a nice weekend mate.

last edited at Oct 4, 2018 12:15PM

mee256
Their Story discussion 04 Oct 00:02
joined Oct 3, 2018

How you think and feel about what counts as "acceptably girly" is entirely a matter that occurs inside your head, so knock yourself out as you see fit.

"Acceptably girly" is not really a right word as my English is bad, I'm sorry about that. What I mean is "unique feature that a male character can't have", including "the situation that only happens to girls". In this story, after several first chapters, Sun Jing doesn't even have any "feminine features", leave alone the "unique", other than her appearance.

This is a personal matter, so just count it as I'm sharing my own opinion, but to me, if a female character doesn't have those "unique feminine features", but has too much "masculine features (not unique tho)", then her love story with a girl isn't really a yuri.

But the character in the story identifies herself as female, the other characters identify her as female,

You know, the "identifies" thing in a fictional story is just "the author tell us" thing, if she doesn't have anything to prove it other than the character's appearance, then it's just a case of "believe me she's a girl", that's totally a bad character creation.

and the whole plot and the character interactions would be changed entirely if Sun Jing were a "dude."

I don't think so. As I said, and listed, everyone treats Sun Jing like a dude, there is nothing like "I normally talk and do this things to guys, but I won't do this to her because she is a girl", nope, not a single page has this. While Qiu Tong or any other female character is treated like a what you usually see people treat a girl.

If you cut off several first chapters which has "unique feminine feature" I mentioned above, then change her appearance to a dude, as well as have other refer her as "he" instead of "she", the story is still valid.
Just quoting my post in last page in case anyone want to follow up the conversation

I have to disagree with that.

Yeah if Sun Jing is a girl in real life, even if she look like a dude, act like a dude, she is still a girl because there are so many other things to define a person's gender.

However, Sun Jing is just a fictional character, if the only thing makes her a girl is the author said that, then she failed to create a female character. In my opinion, Sun Jing look girly enough, but other than that, she is just like a dude, her dressing, her personality, how she acts, and even the behavior of everyone around her, etc, bring that feeling. I can describe some:

• Every girls in the series wear a ribbon, but she wear a necktie like other dudes. I'm talking about the school uniform, why the author do this? To indicate that she is 'different' from every other girls?
  • All of Sun Jing's friends are dudes. Sun Jing's friends also treat her like a real dude: swearing, jokingly hit her, and no one ever falls for her.
  • You can see any person falls for Sun Jing is always a girl. She only attracts girls, the attractiveness is insane, like "Oh, look at this girl over here, she's so tall, she's so handsome blushing, hey Qiu Tong, please give me her number". Did I say "always a girl"? Yeah, in this series, no dude bat an eye on Sun Jing, only girls, while Qiu Tong only attracts dudes.

Those all bring me a feeling of a het story, like the author firstly create a het story in her mind, then she decided to change the male character to female, because if it's het, it'll be too boring to get popular. To be fair, there are several chapters which Sun Jing has some unique feminine feature, such as she groped a girl and framed Mophead, or tricked Mophead to a girl toilet, but they are all at the very beginning of the story and there aren't any chapter like that anymore.

I know that in some story with tomboy character, the character may have some masculine feature, but Sun Jing is too much, enough to make me always think of a dude despite of her girly appearance.

last edited at Oct 4, 2018 12:16PM

mee256
Their Story discussion 03 Oct 12:30
joined Oct 3, 2018

It is really crappy of you to suggest that someone isn't a girl, or that the author should make a "het romance series" just because one of the characters looks boyish.

It is REALLY crappy of you to suggest that a girl isn't a girl just because they look boyish.

Sun Jing is a girl, and she has a girlfriend. This is yuri. This is a cute comic about a cute queer relationship between two lovable chinese dorks. If you don't like Sun Jing's look when the author jumps forward for a post-haircut strip here and there, then, well, deal with it. Sun Jing and Tan Jiu don't owe you anything.

I have to disagree with that.

Yeah if Sun Jing is a girl in real life, even if she look like a dude, act like a dude, she is still a girl because there are so many other things to define a person's gender.

However, Sun Jing is just a fictional character, if the only thing makes her a girl is the author said that, then she failed to create a female character. In my opinion, Sun Jing look girly enough, but other than that, she is just like a dude, her dressing, her personality, how she acts, and even the behavior of everyone around her, etc, bring that feeling. I can describe some:

• Every girls in the series wear a ribbon, but she wear a necktie like other dudes. I'm talking about the school uniform, why the author do this? To indicate that she is 'different' from every other girls?
  • All of Sun Jing's friends are dudes. Sun Jing's friends also treat her like a real dude: swearing, jokingly hit her, and no one ever falls for her.
  • You can see any person falls for Sun Jing is always a girl. She only attracts girls, the attractiveness is insane, like "Oh, look at this girl over here, she's so tall, she's so handsome blushing, hey Qiu Tong, please give me her number". Did I say "always a girl"? Yeah, in this series, no dude bat an eye on Sun Jing, only girls, while Qiu Tong only attracts dudes.

Those all bring me a feeling of a het story, like the author firstly create a het story in her mind, then she decided to change the male character to female, because if it's het, it'll be too boring to get popular. To be fair, there are several chapters which Sun Jing has some unique feminine feature, such as she groped a girl and framed Mophead, or tricked Mophead to a girl toilet, but they are all at the very beginning of the story and there aren't any chapter like that anymore.

I know that in some story with tomboy character, the character may have some masculine feature, but Sun Jing is too much, enough to make me always think of a dude despite of her girly appearance.

last edited at Oct 4, 2018 12:11AM