Forum › Posts by molov127

molov127
Citrus discussion 11 Jun 21:37
joined Apr 11, 2018

OMG this chapter made me cry again!!!!!!! What is with this series and all the God damn feels!!!!! But I'm really happy that Yuzu finally let it out; also it is great that she told it to Sara and Nina. I think they were great characters to help Yuzu. But what do you guys think that Yuzu is going to ask her Mom?!?!?!?!?!?! I'm scared that something is going to happen to Yuzu or Mei since we haven't seen her in a while. I'm really wondering what is going on with Mei.
Also I have been reading alot of the comments just to be curious, but I noticed that there is a lot of hate towards Mei. That her character is being really selfish and that she should do something for Yuzu. Just to be the devil's advocate, I think that Mei is making progress but not huge leaps like how Yuzu does. Yuzu's character has always been the outgoing type and that she sees things in only black and white. Only in recent issues do I see that Yuzu is understanding that there is alot of gray area and being who she is, even through it comes from a place of true love, might not be effort. For Mei she is the opposite; her family has groomed her into being the perfect child and even she believed that it was needed for her to keep true intentions secret. I have seen her make great strides from how she was in the beginning of the series to where she is now. The Mei that suggested having a kiss a day would have never crossed the mind of the Mei in the beginning. I think that Mei does love Yuzu and maybe even more so to some degree, but she is still fearful of what people might think of her (i.e Grandfather) and how her whole destiny will shift into the unknown. I hope that Saburato writes Mei's change, that it will show that Mei is going to be confident effort to follow Yuzu and to open her heart completely.

I cried too. I hope so too.

molov127
Citrus discussion 11 Apr 13:55
joined Apr 11, 2018

AozTkM
For me, the work's only real saving graces are that it's hilarious, unexpectedly poignant, and has nice art. (And now the frigging sweet, dissectable anime.) It's also impressive in terms of showcasing monomaniacal (this has to be the most apt term) immersion in the Highly Subjective world of angst-loaded, imbalanced and repressed "love"; qualifying it because the participants are freaking 16yo. And as anyone can attest in retrospect, that near-out-of-control phase in life is rife with mind-altering, paradigm-shifting hormones, and the onslaught of the accompanying Mass Confusion only exacerbates everything that is Everything--more so if you are a highly sensitive individual.

Monomaniacal immersion into world of repressed love. I am grateful for your explanation. It is well thought. This also describes one of the main aspects in the series that i personally relate with and continued to past my reaching adulthood and in my mid 20's still. However i've come to terms with and appreciate the things that come with it. I can cultivate my inner child and not change it, but grow with it.. essentially that phase of life has not ended for me even through 3 separate relationships spread out over 9 years now since i was 15. I have no desire to ever lose it either. But not forget to keep growing as a person, not from my person though.

Anyway, hence why i really like this series and am glad Saburouta exists and is willing to incorporate her own personal experience, memories, and vision into this lovely and exciting and comedical work of art. Can't wait for more. I haven't enjoyed an anime or manga as much as this before. Truly superb to me personally.

For Mei, security has been part and parcel to her still-underdeveloped personality; again, a painfully clear type and generic trope. Security (both psychological and physical) is the double-edged sword she's been wrestling with since Ch 1, so giving in to a young romance/commitment (lasting eternity) with so many unknowns and obvious hardships is to betray everything else about her own person, identity, and life. This is nothing surprising or new; while self-acceptance, with understanding and added acceptance of individual love, are all important issues, they're forever secondary to personal service and security in the long run. This is where Citrus becomes a timed Tragicomedy; Mei has been the catalyst, the end goal, the ultimate object of desire with the most to lose, so yes, there are people who will see her as having harder choices to make and requiring more attention. It's not a stretch given the Tragic Samurai Melodrama/Epic Stoic feel she's had throughout her basic (under)development over the years, on page, but also remember this is all coming from a highly neurotic, adult-creator POV that most identifies with Yuzu; a creator with a penchant and skill for nailing down emotional truths--however conservatively and circuitously--in the end.

Also well said my friend. Well said. You have a keen eye and feel for this all don't you? Thanks for your post.

last edited at Apr 11, 2018 1:56PM