Forum › Posts by thecavefurball

thecavefurball
joined Feb 3, 2018

How can this be shoujo-ai? There aren't any older men sexing pre-teens here.

Excuse me but, thats not even close to what shoujo ai is... I believe what you are thinking of is shounen ai which are two very different things. ^^ One (shoujo ai) is used to describe a relationship between two girls, usually romantic but not having to be. The other (shounen ai) is to describe a relationship between two men, with the same standards.

EDIT: btw, I got the boku no pico joke, funny but sadly not very accurate as that most certainly isn't shoujo ai.

You've got it entirely wrong. "shoujo-ai" as you use it is an entirely western invention, and not used that way in Japan at all. Over there, it's got a lot more in common with "pedophelia". There's been a lot of discussion about it in these forums, and it's one reason why Dynasty doesn't use it as a tag.

I see, well if thats the case, then I alter my question. Do you know if the main relationship in this manga goes further than it did in the anime? I really don't care to read it if it's going to be the same thing as in the anime.

thecavefurball
joined Feb 3, 2018

How can this be shoujo-ai? There aren't any older men sexing pre-teens here.

Excuse me but, thats not even close to what shoujo ai is... I believe what you are thinking of is shounen ai which are two very different things. ^^ One (shoujo ai) is used to describe a relationship between two girls, usually romantic but not having to be. The other (shounen ai) is to describe a relationship between two men, with the same standards.

EDIT: btw, I got the boku no pico joke, funny but sadly not very accurate as that most certainly isn't shoujo ai.

last edited at Feb 4, 2018 10:49AM

thecavefurball
joined Feb 3, 2018

Ahhh, I came from the anime, (though its been a while) I happen to notice this had a yuri tag which is strange as Akuma no Riddle didn't seem to have the relationship as the main focus only a gimmick, and thus only used the tag: shoujo ai, (the differences between yuri and shoujo ai being the intensity, in other words where yuri puts the romantic relationship of two or more girls as the main focus or a main focus shoujo ai is anything less then that and doesn't require a romantic relationship only a relationship between two or more girls). So, basically what I'm asking is does this version of the story give more in the Yuri department or does it keep the same as the anime, if it doesn't I must likely won't bother reading it.

EDIT: I feel an obligation to say that the difference between the two (shoujo ai and yuri) might be seen differently by some people, though I believe they are wrong, still think like that a lot, so, if you are like: "but wait they are the exact same thing" or "no, thats not the difference" then I ask you just ignore what you usually think and respond based on what I described the difference as being, I also know I won't change your mind and you won't change my mind (most likely) so lets not get into a pointless debate on the subject please...

last edited at Feb 4, 2018 8:08AM

thecavefurball
joined Feb 3, 2018

WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILER.
READ PAST CH.17 BEFORE VIEWING!

Okay, kinda spoiler but not really, I just wanted to say that play sounds SUPER cool, like I want a manga that has that premise.

YOU HEAR THAT CREATOR OF THIS ANIME, MAKE A MANGA WITH THAT BEAUTIFUL PREMISE AND I'LL LOVE YOU FOREVER... note: kinda already do just because of this anime... so yeah....

EDIT: READ PAST CH.18 BEFORE VIEWING!

OMG I love how the play sounds EVEN MORE!

EDIT 2: Okay, done with the series for now (chapter 29) now to wait... forever... for the next book.

last edited at Feb 3, 2018 10:54AM