Forum › Posts by MrCatt

Wfhpt69ribo%20%e2%80%94%20%d0%ba%d0%be%d0%bf%d0%b8%d1%8f
joined Jan 16, 2018

I love that logic, if you love her, why would u abandon her.., why would u leave her? it doesn't make any senze indeed

Well, i guess it's hard and painful to live with a person who you want to kiss and do the stuff with but can't.
Also, she thought that Yuna didn't really need her that much and that even if she stayed with her it would last only till Yuna find "someone", and of course that would hurt a lot too.
Also, she thought that she'd be disgusted after her confession (and i think Rena thought she was disgusted until Yuna's "confession" happened, (since even Yuna's "I wanted to be done with it a fast as possible" she interpreted as if she wanted to find the apartment as fast as possible to get away from Rena as fast as possible).
I think this was her logic.
Also, great part of Rena's love is sexual attraction to Yuna (it's not all about these "platonic unconditional shojo manga feelings". At least that's what i thought after reading the 3rd chapter). So i think her desire to leave and not being all the way altruistic makes perfect sense.

last edited at Apr 4, 2018 3:17AM

joined Jan 16, 2018

No new chapter in Galette No.6 :(

Is this the second time they skip it?

joined Jan 16, 2018

If I were him, I'd post the 3rd chapter with a similar translation. Just to have more fun.

)

joined Jan 16, 2018

You can interpret the comic as saying that Ace Attorney is inconsistent with their overlocalization: they certainly overlocalize, but they don't overlocalize everything.

But if you're just nitpicking the comic I posted because you're mad we criticized your translation, then that's a classic case of "the pot calling the kettle black".

The comic was funny. The post

I mean, If sushi = hamburger and japan = US, then the "kotatsu" line should be:
"Let's all enjoy a traditional American meal around this utterly regular and absolutely ordinary American table".

was supposed to be a joke. Well, I guess it didn't work. :\

joined Jan 16, 2018

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/166/983/3ca.png

This is just stupid and makes no sense.
I mean, If sushi = hamburger and japan = US, then the "kotatsu" line should be:
"Let's all enjoy a traditional American meal around this utterly regular and absolutely ordinary American table".

last edited at Mar 31, 2018 5:45PM by Nezchan

joined Jan 16, 2018

About "Winning the cat": I'm afraid you confused 飼 and 勝, i.e. "own/raise [a pet]" vs "win".

No, t'was 勝ってる訳ないじゃん. With "勝".

joined Jan 16, 2018

The site thinks im spamming(

Automatic spell-check exists.

Yes, it does. I used the MCword at first, but while typesetting i realized that the shit i translated was some actual shit. And then ended up typing right into the PH ignoring MCW, meh.

In general, translating into a language other than your native one is a very bad idea.

I've been speaking it since i was 4, so I don't think that's really a problem.

If you can't see why then you don't have a good enough grasp on English.

I do see why. I even listed the things in the "many letters" post.

First:

What's with all the cussing?

Second:

And the use of weird words?

Third:

I'm not against taking some liberties, but that was almost a rewrite.

These are not about the language. These are about translation. As I said, I'm going to do the same shit in russian translation (with all the suka blyat stuf instead of what the feck stuff and with adding words from some rus dialect dict), and i bet half those people will also complain about the same stuff.

I can reassure you tho, that the delorean part is the most "rewritten" thing.

looked through the chapter again

Haha, no, it actually isn't. Page 10, The "is she trying to pretend" bobble. Yeah, I think this one is the worst. azoisk, write here what you think about it when you translate it, really looking forward to it.

last edited at Mar 29, 2018 6:59PM

joined Jan 16, 2018

Wow, it's posted already.
Wow, some new comments at least.
Wow, it looks like I screwed up.

Typos I've noticed:
Page 2: "troubls"
3: "yourselff"
7: "but why then she said she doesn't want to live with me" should probably say "but then why did she say she doesn't want to live with me"
10: it says "does then she want" so "then" and "she" should be switched; "rewords"
11: "apartmen"
12: "waight"
13: "fettish"
14: should probably say "why is this happening" not "why is it happening"
Also some of the phrasing is odd (i.e. blootered, bampot) but that's more of a personal opinion than anything.

I'm really sorry for hurting your eyes with all these typos, guys. I checked it many times, so i thought there wouldn't be any of them (or at least just a couple, not the thousand)(and I bet my overconfidence will kill me). My dysgraphia is not helping too. I actually corrected some of them, the "a fettish" for example, but then i probably forgot to save the file and ended up not noticing the shit while doing the final reading. I definitely should have tested its readability on some guinea pig, and that's what i will definitely do next time.

Btw, I'm not sure how the site works - if i correct all the things and suggest it again, will they update it?

7: "but why then she said she doesn't want to live with me" should probably say "but then why did she say she doesn't want to live with me"

Mmm, idk, do you all guys find all the sentences awkward? To me they sounds perfectly fine.

The only explanation: Rena is an international spy who forgets her cover story when she gets flustered.

Ahah, let's say she's just from Fukuoka, this is how people speak there, I tell'ya :D. I call it FVE - Fukuoka vernacular English.
Well, actually, these all are common in Scottish dialects, more or less. Also, "Hella" seems to me like some regular English word. The same goes for "ain't". Of course, you can more frequently find it in American dialects, especially in AAVE, but brits and the other people also use it, even though it's sometimes a little more marginalized.

Did Rena have a regional accent? That's what I thought they were trying to show. But then Yuna said "Ain't" and I didn't think she had one too?

Well, i'm not sure about "accent", since you can't tell anything pitch and sound articulation using just a japanese text, but she used grammatical construction typical for the dialects of southern Japan, so i concluded she had one. It isn't like she was all the way at it, just in a few lines she was thinking (maybe she try hide it or something), so i decided to add a few dialectisms where it is obvious from the context what Rena says. And no, Yuna didn't have one as far as i can say, i just used "ain't" because she was "blootered". (There is a possibility that i screwed this up too, but i still feel like the words fit very well.)

Also just wondering if you don't mind, are you Scottish? Only if you don't mind answering

Well... i'm actually Russian (idk, for some reason i have a feeling that everything will get even worse in the comments after me saying that). It was recommended me by some russion manga site after me reading the "Girlfriends" and "Princess". There were no 2 and 3 chapters and i was really upset about it, since i really liked the first one, so i decided to do translation. Then I discovered that it also lacks English translation and i got even more upset. And i was like "why not do both, since i am already going to redraw shit for russion one". Thanks h3x i didn't have to clean or redraw anything. (you can see how bad i am at it just by looking at the "Hainecen" bootle yuna is holding at the 11 page.)

Some people like joke-y translations, I guess?
Hrm. The translation was amusing I suppose, but done to one of my favourite mangaka the disrespect kind of pisses me off.
If you want to screw around, do it as a secondary version.

I don't have any problems with people criticizing me and being rude, but I just want to clarify
that there's some misunderstanding.

I wasn't planning to do a "joke-y" translation and i didn't want to "screw around". Like, i don't find typos funny or anything, i just screwed it up couse ama bampot. And i was completely serious doing all the stuff, and I don't really understand what you're annoyed about, (except the typos and some odd grammar from time to time, ovcorz.)

What's with all the cussing? And the use of weird words? I feel like this was localized by a 7th grader.

Obscene words. Well, sorry, but i don't have any problems with them, actually i really love them. These are the language's instruments to express strong emotions and i see no reasons not to use them, especially when it's already 18+. Rena seems to me like a really open person and she was definitely expressing really strong emotions all the way through the chapter. People don't usually shout and wish themselves dead not swearing, especially in non-formal circumstances. There was also strong language in original expressing all these emotions, it's just more about verb conjugation and not about taboo words in japanese, but their function is the same. (And no, it's not my syka blyat mentality makes me love "F" words, i'm sure russian people will also complain about Rena saying "Ah suka blyat chto za huinya nahui" etc, so it's defenetly not the case)

Dialectisms? It's just regular way of interpretation delictual speech. There are many haters of it, but i personally really like it. Of course, there is a possibility that i actually suck at Japanese and that Rena actually was born in Tokyo, but then it would be about "not having sufficient skills" as you said, t'wouldn't be done on purpose. And anyway, i personally find them fitting really well in that "dramedy" atmosphere, which is one of the reasons why i like modern japanese art.

Renaming brands? There was the tea joke, and it wouldn't be so powerful if i didn't rename the bottle. And since i renamed the bottles, it would be strange not renaming beer. And anyway i would rename it since i just don't like things to be not redrawn.

What i'm trying to say is that there was no "disrespect" to the mangaka, I like Morinaga and i like the series, i wouldn't translate it otherwise. And i'm sorry if you guys got offended, i didn't mean it. It's just how i think things should be translated to make the translation to be as close as possible to the original and how i translate them.

Oh, some japanese knowing people here! This is what i was waitng for.

but that was almost a rewrite.

Sorry, it also about how i think things should be translated. I said in the notes how i decided that "win the cat" was "i can't foresake her", right? Any translation is basicly rewriting tho, since you cant just convert one symbolic system to another.
I can reassure you tho, that the delorean part was the most "rewritten" thing. I guess so at least.

ありえね----!!!
No way!!!
(Go obliterate yourselff!!) [Just... no.]

Mmm, this one seems legit, I still love the one with the obliteration more though.

(I just probably won't be arsed to check the rest of it).

Well, i can actually give you some hints so you don't waste your time, you can check the 2 last pages if you want: as i said this "wining the cat" thing is driving me crazy, it may be that just i just missing something...

Time spent drawing every single fucking moonrune into google translate: an alot of time.

Use capture2text for that, it's really handy.

Yeeeeei, i've finally written that!
mmm, yeah. Something like that :/

last edited at Mar 29, 2018 3:10PM

joined Jan 16, 2018

Yea, I see. Do I need to upload it somewhere else first and then suggest it through it?
UP. That strange feeling... never thought Google+ would actually ever be useful :\

last edited at Mar 28, 2018 2:55PM

joined Jan 16, 2018

NAILED IT!!! Finally. aha. It took me a little bit longer than I expected :/
I'm not sure... What do I do next?

MrCatt
1 x ½ discussion 23 Mar 14:07
joined Jan 16, 2018

We want the world to be fluffy and acceptable – we will try to convince other people that it should be fluffy and acceptable. This is how humans work.

It's not going to be easy getting cactus sex over the "fluffy" bar.

Just sayin'.

Nah, It's not a rocket science. Just use some scissors to cut the shit and some knife to make the port. There is juice inside of it, so you don't even need to use no lubricants.
T'Feels great, tell'ya.

MrCatt
1 x ½ discussion 23 Mar 09:31
joined Jan 16, 2018

ok i admit i was a bit angry,but i don't hate those kind of people. it's just that its so sad to see people like them. i may have used a harsh language (i really apologize to them if i went a lil bit too far) but i just wanted them to open their minds to reality and realize that the real world isn't as easy and frilly as anime is where everything is possible and fluffy and rewarded with acceptance.

sorry guys for ruining the mood for this thread.this manga is actually cute and entertaining and you can ignore my comment >_< so let's wait for chapter 8 xD

Nah, I won’t ignore them, discussions are fun. //

Actually, our point is pure logic.

The only thing the people said was that they enjoy the story, just like you do, and that they don’t think that incest is something bad. It isn’t like we can just go and fuck our moms sisters and daughters just because we think that it’s OK. There are certain mechanisms worked out by the evolution to prevent this, because such a thing has never been profitable for the population. One of them is development of smell tolerance - just like you don’t feel the smell of your nose and don’t find the smell of your body’s excrements disgusting enough to puke, since you’ve been smelling them from the day you were born, your mother’s smell doesn’t make you horny for the same reasons.

Thus individuals in one group won’t mate with their close relatives from the same group till their group is separated from other groups (Or there is no individuals of their species’ at all) so this is essential for their species’ survival.

The same goes for sex with animals and plants. People don’t wanna fuck them cuz they don’t find them sexually attractive. There the mechanisms are also the ones to blame – the same reason - it’s not profitable - there is no real point in fucking cow since it won’t get pregnant and let you spread your genetic code making the population bigger and more adapted to the difficulties, increasing it’s chances to survive .

The thing is that the mechanisms sometimes don’t work. Usually for some genetic reasons (mutations and suff). But while there is mutual agreement between the two sides and there is no nonmutual agreement rape involved (like in the manga, aha). Their freedom was not violated, nobody’s freedom was violated. So nobody has any right to violate their freedom stopping them doing what they want to do.

And it’s not about anime affecting us or us affecting anime or whatever. This is all about where the society goes: About scientific progress, about education spreading, about liberalization to which they lead, about people getting more tolerant to different things and to each other.

P.S. BTW at that point fucking your dog (unlike incest or some teacher having sex with 17-year-old students) is not acceptable, since even though the dog has some kinda conscious, it doesn’t speak your language nor any language at all and thus it can’t fully understand your intentions and can’t give a proper consent (and thus this is just an actual rape). The same goes for having animals as pets – they do can’t give the consent, the same goes for eating them – they can’t give the consent, the same goes for conception and giving children birth – they can’t give the consent, they are not even alive, forget about the language barrier.

Btw Children are basically just slaves if you think about it – not able to do anything without their’s master’s permission, including having sex with whoever they want, till they are 21 or whatever. But that’s another story.

P.S 2 Of course this is not how the things usually work. “the real world isn't as easy and frilly as anime is where everything is possible and fluffy and rewarded with acceptance” – as you said, but it doesn’t mean that the people won’t talk about it. It’s all the other way round – they WILL talk about it since they want the things to be changed. We want the world to be fluffy and acceptable – we will try to convince other people that it should be fluffy and acceptable. This is how humans work.

last edited at Mar 23, 2018 9:53AM

joined Jan 16, 2018

btw, I wanted to ask about the site's obscene words policy, there are already some naked tits in the manga, so is it ok if i them?

MrCatt
1 x ½ discussion 20 Mar 09:27
joined Jan 16, 2018

bro its just a story

its disgusting in the real world but its fantasy and cute

Why would you like it? It's just a story. Marks on paper, with no relation to any human concept. It has no value or meaning. It refers to nothing. There's nothing to feel about it, good or bad.

please dont hate
ive read/watched both usagi drop and koi kaze with no predispositions and liked both of them for dealing with a complicated issue

its fine with cute characters and nice story

in real life its harder to accept because the relationships typically have sinister backgrounds and results

also we americans tend to think of rednecks or child abuse whenever incest comes up

very rarely do you hear about openly incestual relationships (immediate family) outside of areas where people are more indifferent such as liberal european nations

most of the truly consentual stuff is done between grown adults and in secrecy

in real life, what the mom did here will put her on the sex offender list and the child in a foster home, and society will not even consider the nature of the relationship

incest is cute whether is real or fiction imo. cuz u know, it's somthin that u don't see everyday especially mother daughter,
without a doubt ,, its so fascinating~

besides, at the end of the day we all are related. I mean we all humanity are related, in other words deep down we all are incest by nature after all. lol

Well, not just humanity, every organic shit on this planet is related, so that's really not a big deal, since even if you happened to fuck your home cactus, technically, that would also be incest.

joined Jan 16, 2018

Looked through my browser history.
https://imgur.com/a/4OfFp
https://imgur.com/a/43xyi

joined Jan 16, 2018

Yep, i think it is.

joined Jan 16, 2018

^I have all chapters. If you wanna, I could help you with cleaning (erasing text, redrawing, etc.).

Could you send me the chapters too please? This is my email miotamaki@yahoo.com i know someone who might want to translate this. I’ll be waiting thanks!!

Sorry, MrCatt was first. I already sent to them two chapters (ready to typesett) two weeks ago.

Aww ok. But is it ok for you to still send it to me? I just wanna read it please

There were the scans on imgur.com. I can't give you the link since the search on the site is kinda shit and i dunno how it works, but you can find them if you google meticulously enough.
And sorry waiting, I'm still alive, it's just that my pathological perfectionism and also some ancient literature exam to pass make the things a little bit longer. I'm almost done with the second chapter. I hope i'll finish it today or tomorrow.

last edited at Mar 13, 2018 11:07AM

joined Jan 16, 2018

And it seems like I won't get enough sleep as I will read this.

I sended to you two cleaned chapters.

Got them. Thanks a lot. Also, don't you mind if i use them for russion translation too?

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 6:43PM

joined Jan 16, 2018

Alright. Do you want me to erase every text? Including all sfx? It's hard sometimes, but I can try. Also, give me some contact info. I will send you files (psd, photoshop) when I'm done.

Yeah, i'd appreciate it. If you can manage that, it will be really cool. There's my gmail: neketa777@gmail.com Is that handy for you?

last edited at Feb 20, 2018 3:38PM

joined Jan 16, 2018

^I have all chapters. If you wanna, I could help you with cleaning (erasing text, redrawing, etc.).

That was freaking fast. Yeah, I'd appreciate your help with this.

joined Jan 16, 2018

Well, since there were no volunteers, i'm starting translating this. That's a shame it hasn't been translated yet. (not sure how long it will take me tho). I found scans of 2 and 3 volume, but according to my calculations, there must be 4v, am i right? Does anybody have it or seen it somewhere in the net?