Forum › Posts by Nymbusu

Nymbusu
joined Dec 11, 2017

This most recent chapter honestly made me feel a bit better about Dorothy. Mostly because I thought her character was going to go in a more angsty direction that would really make me hate her. She's making things interesting and complex lol

Nymbusu
joined Dec 11, 2017

I wouldnt give up so easily on Dorothy at this stage. I dont think shes a psychopath at all. The fact that shes throwing herself in front of the most dangerous monsters on earth despite the fact that she isnt even meant to be fighting, all for the sake of avenging a dead loved one shows that shes been carrying a huge amount of grief and heartbreak this entire time. Shanon herself has even pointed it out. She changed after her nursing mother was killed. I think that's when this perceived "psychopathy" appeared. But I think that it stems from Dorothy not wanting to be close to anyone ever again because she cant handle the possibility of another heartbreak.

Speaking of shanon, I think that Shanon loves dorothy for good reason. Shanon knows who Dorothy truly is because she knew her before her nursing mother died, and that shes seen Dorothy's emotional wellbeing and ability to maintain relationships decline ever since.

Dorothy also seems to genuinely care for Maria even though she says shes just a tool to her. Like when she sung a lullaby for her the morning after they had a rather heated night together. I think that the author is hinting to us that deep down Dorothy does feel for Maria but shes denying her feelings as much as she can.

Also please for the love of god can this loli character please go away after this arc... lolis are the fucking worst characters both in concept alone and in content. The entire point of a loli is to just create a legally fuckable child and copy the aesthetics of pedophilia while pretending it's totally fine and has nothing to do with pedophilia. I'm very glad Shanon found her annoying because if they end up together then I'm dropping this manga like a sack of heavy shit. Honestly just make Dorothy end up with both maria and shanon. I'll take wholesome polyamory over ""legal"" pedophilia every fucking day of the week.

Thank you for saying this. Especially the last part, I really hate the inclusion of a loli character. Feels so out of place in a story like this (in any story, really), it's also downright just makes me uncomfortable. Very sick of people normalizing pedophilia. It's a horrible trope and practice. Without this character, I find the series interesting and enjoyable.

Nymbusu
joined Dec 11, 2017

Phew, had to rush this one a little to get it out in time but we managed to do it. Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone, look forward to another year of lesbian nuns with guns in 2021!

Thank you for this! I love this series, always frantically checking weekly for a new release.