Forum › Posts by whisperingriver

whisperingriver
joined Nov 18, 2017

"it's a story thats really not an r-18 one, but it's also got smut" so is futanari not just a sex fetish then? or is it just trans not futa?
I am genuinely curious.

i'd personally say it's p much an analogy for trans stuff but whenever something gets tagged as that on dynasty everyone fucking loses their shit so me and doc p discussed it and decided to play it to the lowest common denominator

I fundamentally disagree with this decision.

Trans people face a ridiculous number of hurdles in this world, and that you would choose to "play it to the lowest common denominator" to avoid upsetting people who (if they "fucking lose their shit" when something is tagged with trans) have something against trans people (or the portrayal thereof) is, to me, absolutely disgusting. You chose to step back and allow those people to have their way and not be confronted with that label, the easy choice, rather than take even the smallest of stands.

And that's a really easy choice! You have no idea how close I came to just ignoring this and moving on, despite how I felt -- I didn't even have an account on this site, and that was as good an excuse as any not to do anything. I told myself it wouldn't matter -- this is the internet, and who would even pay attention?

But then I thought of one of my dearest friends, and the tired, closed-off expression she makes when people choose to deny or dance around her gender identity in order to avoid any kind of minor discord, and I couldn't. I had to make an account and say something, and maybe that's stupid, because this is, in fact, the internet.

But I couldn't have lived with myself, could never have looked my friend in the eye again, if I said nothing, so here it is -- even if I came very close to giving up when the website rejected this as 'spam' and told me to 'contact us' with no link for doing so anywhere in sight. I'd like to think I'm not so weak that I'd be induced to give up on making a stand that easily, but tonight I learned that I am. Isn't that disgusting?

We can do better. Each and every one of us can.