Forum › Posts by pomf

joined Jul 12, 2017

Vampires hunting other vampires, seemingly unconnected person getting roped into it, skipping school to look for vampires, MC's family having a mysterious history
I'm getting serious Tsukihime vibes

joined Jul 12, 2017

Imperial Japan did nothing wrong

joined Jul 12, 2017

damn some people are really ungrateful! some guy went out if his way to translate a dropped manga and all some people can do is complain! If you want a better TL do one yourself .imo I liked the translation, although it was a bit weird in some places. it was something different from all the robotic and stiff TLs some people do.

You , I like you. I think the same, this manga has been dropped for quite some time and finally someone started translating this again but this ungrateful ****** only like to complain, It was the first time I saw something like this, I can't believe people would complain like little kids about the translating of a DROPPED manga

Yes, imagine some of us wanting to read this work as closely as to what Morinaga actually wrote. Outrages idea, I know. In all seriousness, what Purple Library Guy said is true, there has to be some limit. Driven home all the more by the fact Dynasty usually does not upload stuff like this, which is also the reason why this example is so conspicuous.

The typos and the weird, clumsy sentence construction are not even that big of a deal, it is the translator's choice to expand the written text with their own stuff and references, and to sprinkle it with a dose of cussing, because they like cussing. How anyone could defend this is, quite frankly, beyond me. And that is the thing, I have yet to see anyone defending the translation, instead people are harping on about "dead series be grateful blabla".

There are a lot of people who do not know the intricacies of how scanlation works, a lot of readers who do not frequent the Forum, they will read this thing, and assume Morinaga decided it was high time she got a little bit vulgar. And that she is a "Back to the Future" fan as well, as Mayjaplaya demonstrated above.

Edit: Also, since page 7 of this thread, 90% of discussion is about the translation and not the story itself. That should tell you something.

if you have so problems with it then try to TL it yourself. This guy didn't have to do anything, this manga has been dropped for a while, he could've just let it be and most of use here wouldn't have even known about its existence. I have some problems with the translation but I can still appreciate the fact that I'm actually reading this.
I reallt hate when people act entitled, especially when this guy is doing this for free, he gets nothing out of translating this and sharing it with everyone. Constructive criticism is perfectly ok, but I think the point was made clear with the first few posts, anyway I would like to see more discussion about the manga or author, not about how disappointed people are about their free manga they have instant access to.

joined Jul 12, 2017

damn some people are really ungrateful! some guy went out if his way to translate a dropped manga and all some people can do is complain! If you want a better TL do one yourself .imo I liked the translation, although it was a bit weird in some places. it was something different from all the robotic and stiff TLs some people do.

last edited at Mar 31, 2018 1:56AM

pomf
Image Comments 15 Aug 18:03
joined Jul 12, 2017
Amandaavery

And... It's a wrap, folks.

I always read your posts in yachty's voice and it makes them 10x better

last edited at Aug 15, 2017 6:03PM