Forum › Posts by shermanchurchill

shermanchurchill
New Game discussion 13 Sep 07:30
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017

I’ve been telling you—all this series needed was Yagami back and everything picks right up.

This is true. Storyline, frankly, is still somewhat inconsistent but Kou adds to hilarity, maturity and yuri-goodness making every chapter she's in much much more enjoyable.

shermanchurchill
New Game discussion 13 Sep 07:27
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017

Hello everyone. I'd like to take a moment of your time to introduce this new, young and talented artist to the team. And as a way to further show how little I care for the work you have loyally performed for this company over the years, I'm going to yave her design the face of the game. Thank's for your time, and fuck you all.

This. I mean Kou giving Aoba a chance to design "Sophie" an NPC seemed realistic but Hotaru just joined the company- has no experience in game character design but yeah fuck all the others, Hotaru you draw our big theme. Makes total sense. And Catherine is a businesswoman, she is only looking out for her company that dialogue made total sense after the Hotaru fiasco.

shermanchurchill
New Game discussion 28 Jul 23:14
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017

Yeah, it kind of feels like the author kind of gave up on Hifumi's character arcs lately. She felt like a more important character in the early chapters, part of the main cast. Now it feels like she's been demoted to a complete side character. :\

I still feel this even in this chapter that's about her. It feels like she doesn't have any presence anymore.

I thought she had a pretty fine presence, she's still her awkward self but it was nice to see Hifumi deciding to take on Hajime for the sake of keeping their job smooth. I think she is gaining confidence, I'll agree it's been a slow progress since there had been a distinct lack of Hifumin but I like the chapter and would welcome more like these.

The plus point in this was the minimal newbies' (Momiji and Narumi) scenes.

shermanchurchill
New Game discussion 20 Jul 14:41
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017

Kou comes back and is helping the team with the final designs and issues with the game, but I don't know if she's back to stay because I can't read Japanese

Do you have a link.

shermanchurchill
New Game discussion 19 Jul 09:35
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017

The series has just lost it's sight when they made Kou leave to France. I had assumed that it'll give other characters a chance to grow but all it did was highlight how elemental Kou is to New Game.

Kou centered in most character's development. For Aoba she was a mentor and a RIVAL that made her aim for great heights. Kou was significant in getting Aoba through her emotional run downs. For Hifumi too, Kou was the one that suggested and encouraged Hifumi to take her slot.

Kou was the center of best comedic skits in the series. And best yuri-sm moments as well.

The thing here is Momoji and the other newbie aren't that interesting characters.

And no one actually stepped up to take Kou's role. Aoba for all intents and purpose is a freshman in the company it is unlikely she'll be any guiding major events there nor does Aoba has the maturity to play that side role in any character's development, if anything her own mentor spot is void.

last edited at Jul 19, 2019 9:36AM

shermanchurchill
Image Comments 19 Jun 06:15
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017
Dahpvrpxcaawssy

Nice.

shermanchurchill
Image Comments 27 Apr 04:33
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017
Ilhi

Are you regretting the role reversal you suggested now Kay.

shermanchurchill
Image Comments 13 Mar 14:29
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017
Ceu3kvdwaaaioik-orig

Ecchi + Kayjeeling = Awesome

shermanchurchill
Image Comments 03 Mar 06:31
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017
Dw0bh-uv4ae0txi

@Ayase Eli and Ayase Nozomi

I like your username.

shermanchurchill
Image Comments 02 Mar 02:01
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017
Cmhqdxkugaevl0u-orig

@UranusandNeptuneAreJustCousins

I think, at this point you are confusing between "school systems" and "individualistic personality" these two terms are not interchangeable.

In your own example, Chi-Ha-Tan has a 'school strategy' that is seemingly based on Imperial Japanese Army. We haven't seen much of Chi-Ha-Tan but let me pose this question on "individualistic" level now, do you think Nishi's personality is the same as... say.. Fukuda or Tamada. No. Fukuda in the movie has given me a 'shy yet eager Kouhai' vibe while Tamada was the usual traditionalist hot-head. Fukuda was eager to learn and grow while Tamada has been resistent. While Nishi's individual personality to me had been like a bit of an airhead commander(when she brought more than designated tanks in the match against SU), polite, calm head(she was willing to listen to Fukuda) and someone who is proper and diligent.

School Systems may have certain imposing rules that are different for every school but I don't think the 'system/theme' of school affect the individual personality of the students. If it did every student of a particular school would be the copy/paste of the other. And that absolutely is not the case.

PS- I'd also argue that more than half the girls in Gloriana don't meet your definition. Example- Worrywart- OrangePekoe, Flustered/Tempramental(slightly)- Rurikiri (hope I got the name right) and Brash- Rosehip (but you know that already :p)

last edited at Mar 2, 2018 2:07AM

shermanchurchill
Image Comments 25 Feb 23:42
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017
Cmhqdxkugaevl0u-orig

@UranusAndNeptuneAreNotCousins

Every school has a disciplinary systems, some are lax with rules others are not. See: Marimite, their school too requires girls to 'behave' in a poised and refined manner but does any girl there gives you the impression that she is role playing. No, everyone there had distinctive attitude/personalities.

Same goes for Gloriana and Saunders. Darjeeling has a smart, calm, refined, ladylike like personality. Assam has to the point precise/straightforward personality. OrangePekoe is downright worrywart Moe and Rosehip as you said is the brash one (also, I haven't read any of the manga edition but when Darjeeling said disciplinary lessons for Rosehip there could be many reasons for that other than just her brash behavior, like Rosehip not exactly following orders or messing up something, I mean this would be so like her.)

Similarily in Saunders- Kay is loud, easygoing, fun-loving, charming and almost tom-boyish commander. Naomi is no-nonsense and Arisa is a mean tsundere.

I don't think their personalities are an 'act' in any way. But Darjeeling does seem to be inspired by the British culture like Shinobu in Kinmoza is with blondes. But then this is also a part of her own quirkiness.

Welp, that is some long meta-analysis lol. But yeah I never got the impression that any of the country themed schools is role playing in GuP.

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 11:45PM

shermanchurchill
Image Comments 25 Feb 12:44
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017
Cmhqdxkugaevl0u-orig

@UranusandNeptuneAreJustCousins

Kay and Darjeelings' personalities are their own though, just because you have an American or British themed school doesn't mean you have to 'act' in a certain, other girls of their team don't act all "British" or "American" so I doubt Kay or Darjeeling would be obligated to act in a certain stereotypical manner (I assume that is what you were implying).

As for the name, does it really matter, highschoolers give nicknames to each other all the time so idk why did you perceive it to be a big thing, I mean a nickname hardly affects someone's personality. And besides, Kay/Kei is as japanese as you get and Darjeeling's parents might be funky enough to name her that, unless official statement states otherwise who knows.

I'm sorry I didn't completely understood you there. How and why would them going to themed schools make them act in a certain way. Do you believe that all girls going to catholic schools act or have to act like nuns.

shermanchurchill
Image Comments 25 Feb 00:41
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017
Dtygsjvvmaas8bj-orig

Pocky is a TM of yuri kiss. May as well reserve pocky rights for yuri.

shermanchurchill
Image Comments 25 Feb 00:38
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017
Dvlh_q2vqaagk_u-orig

For an all female cast Idolmaster CG was pretty low on yuri vibes but thanks to Minami x Anastasia I got my yuri fill from the show.

Perfect, aesthetic couple.

shermanchurchill
Image Comments 25 Feb 00:33
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017
44448960_p8

Sweet. Adorable couple.

I wonder why KotoUmi didn't took off the way MakiNiko or NozoEli did.

shermanchurchill
Image Comments 25 Feb 00:23
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017
Cmhqdxkugaevl0u-orig

Best otp.

shermanchurchill
Image Comments 20 Feb 17:08
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017
59908198_p2

Knew Kay is a Gryffindor.

GuP Girls houses-

Oorai- Miho- Ravenclaw; Mako- Hufflepuff; Saori- Hufflepuff

Kuromorine- Maho- Slyntherine; Erika- Slyntherine

Saunders- Kay- Gryffindor (obvs); Alisa- Slyntherine; Naomi- Gryffindor

Gloriana- Darjeeling- Ravenclaw; Rosehip- Hufflepuff; OrangePekoe- Ravenclaw; Assam- Ravenclaw

shermanchurchill
Image Comments 17 Jan 00:24
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017
Pippipguvna

Maybe Kay will throw a BDSM theme Boston Tea Party next. Revolution is needed, afterall.

shermanchurchill
Image Comments 05 Jan 23:06
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017
C1f7zqpviaa03qq-orig

~ Nice.

shermanchurchill
Image Comments 26 Nov 02:48
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017
Dahpbddxgaa-yp--orig

Yeah it's a military tag dang I missed that. I agree with you in the movie too Kay and Darjeeling are shown to have almost similar hair color, Kay's a bit darker than Darjeeling but in different movie scenes it's hard to tell, not that these two have that much screentime to begin with. Acc. to wiki though Kay is strawberry blonde.

shermanchurchill
Image Comments 26 Nov 01:43
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017
Dahpbddxgaa-yp--orig

@elevown Darjeeling has long hair in canon they're always braided up. Kay is wearing her tankery uniform except her jacket that is draped over Darjeeling :) I don't see Darjeeling wearing any tags, just Kay who's wearing a pendant.

Ele are you sure you haven't got them mixed up, Left is Kay and right is Darjeeling ;) The rare blonde/blonde cute pair can lead to confusions at times.

shermanchurchill
Image Comments 25 Nov 00:05
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017
57479770_p0

@elevown Miho x Yukari are cute but they don't really have that character contrast which would made the pair interesting to me. IMO, Kay x Darjeeling is the only pair that have that.

Darjeeling has a - Classy, Calm, takes Sensha Do seriously, refined, reserved, Calculative persona while Kay is- Goofy, treats Sensha Do as a game, Charming, Amusing, Unrefined, Unreserved- basically the opposite of Darjeeling.

I think it'll be a blast if these two were to become a couple. The fact that they haven't interacted only works in favor because we can fill in the blanks and that makes it all the more interesting.

shermanchurchill
Image Comments 22 Nov 12:11
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017
57479770_p0

I'm seeing lots of Darjeeling x Others stuff but nothing beats Darjeeling x Kay, for a pair that never even interacted once, they make a unique/special couple. This is the only pair I ship in GuP.

shermanchurchill
Image Comments 10 Nov 06:26
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017
62533434_p0

Yeah Darjeeling is shipped with almost everyone (Maho too to an extent) but Kay x Darjeeling is THE OTP in fanon (so is Maho x Miho).

shermanchurchill
Image Comments 04 Sep 02:19
Images
joined Jun 19, 2017
Dgjyapgvwaembni-orig

Princess carry. Adorable. Nothing beats this pairing in GuP.