Forum › Posts by admiralquincy

admiralquincy
Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

I see the MariAli propaganda machine reactivated recently.

I love it when the machine goes crazy... Mitsunara's work is always a treat, love to see it in 2023!

admiralquincy
Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

Man, I miss Oddman 11. Love to see Dowman Sayman featured

last edited at Mar 22, 2023 7:00PM

Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

Also there is literally nothing ambiguous about someone saying "Person, I like you" in that manner and I really hate when manga do that.

Hmm, that might be my bad. The raws for Kise-san’s confession on the first page say “私がそんな紺野さんが好きです”

This is more literally “I like the Konno-san who is [kind but straightforward, busy but put together]” which is less direct than just “Konno-san, I like you” in my opinion.

I deliberated on how to translate this in a not-verbose and natural way while semi-preserving the manner in which it was said, and also whether I should focus on Konno-san or the description of her as the subject of the like, but ultimately decided to highlight Kise-san saying she likes Konno-san. Clearly, something was lost in translation here…haha

Apologies for the confusion, and thanks for pointing that out! I still have far to go as a translator…

last edited at Mar 4, 2023 12:41PM

admiralquincy
Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

Fun read :) I love Dynasty's "Featured Series" feature

admiralquincy
MEMORIAL MG discussion 13 Dec 14:35
Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

Does anyone know which group scanlated these? I have the raws to some of this author's other Mata Hari x Gudako doujins that I wonder if they'd be interested in. I don't see a scanlator tagged on this work as of rn.

admiralquincy
Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

What does an omniverse even mean in this context. Got a friend a while back asking if the yuri genre also had an omniverse since they were ready a work with a yaoi omniverse apparently. What exactly does that mean?

Also this new color scheme is really refreshing. Dark mode dynasty reader when tho? :v

I'm pretty sure that omniverse is a mistranslation, at least for this series. I think it's supposed to be "omnibus," which makes a lot more sense.

admiralquincy
Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

Fuck that hurts.

badly....

(btw the raws only shows a few more chapters, so is it completed? was it dropped? cancelled? does anybody know?)

It's completed! There's actually about 7 more chapters lol.

admiralquincy
Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

Replaced with the better quality versions of 5 and 6.

Thank you very much! It still looks like the first 3 pages of chapter 6 are still the old versions though?

Edit: It was fixed.

last edited at Aug 25, 2020 6:49PM

admiralquincy
Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

I can't say I'm satisfied with the ending, it's a little unsettling, but I guess there wasn't really any way to draw it up happily.

admiralquincy
Still Sick discussion 27 Jul 17:52
Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

I feel so fulfilled. Maekawa will forever be our ikewibble(?) thot.

Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

Be sure to support the artist and buy the official translation of this from Lilyka!

Didn't realize there was an official translation until after I was done translating, but yes please support them if you can! Both the original work and the translation are only $3 USD!

Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

Well that was something.

admiralquincy
Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

It's been 84 years...

admiralquincy
Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

roasted duck

My shame is immeasurable.

admiralquincy
Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

Had to make some corrections because somehow I read "grilled chicken" as "grilled duck" and add in a small translation that someone pointed out to me, but everything should be right now (I hope).

admiralquincy
Girlfriend discussion 14 Jun 21:19
Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

That image of male Nozomi's face though.

admiralquincy
Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

Wait what lol can someone explain

admiralquincy
FuuKato discussion 26 Apr 00:57
Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

I don't know this series at all so any help with the pairing(s) would be helpful, thanks!

Asuka x Tomoko (the implied pair, where Fuuka is all like "you luuuuv her~")
Asuka x Fuuka (no yuri, but the title is a mashup of Fuuka and Asuka's last name)
Fuuka x Tomoko (if the yuri from the previous release is carried over)
Sequel

No idea which are worth tagging

I think the first two tags are relevant, but I doubt this is a sequel to the first release. The author certainly potrays the relationships between the three the same way, but this release is mostly a response to chapter 155.

admiralquincy
Image Comments 24 Apr 21:16
Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017
Ff_aa%20(geedsai)

It's been so long since I've seen this series around. It really was unfortunate that it had to end so soon.

admiralquincy
MokoMote discussion 23 Apr 00:48
Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

I don't follow this series but this was really funny and cute! That cover image is darling, too. Many thanks to the cabbage for their work! Terribly sorry about the upload delay!

Don't worry about it! I'm actually planning on scanlating the sequel to this, "MokoMote Vol. 2" lmao

Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

I really thought the scanlators were asking us for comments about clothes for a solid moment.

admiralquincy
Image Comments 19 Mar 23:33
Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017
D2ew6ohvyaenluy-orig

^ Yep, the artist is referring to Yuri, Nemo, and Asuka through Rei, Asuka (from Evangelion), and Misato respectively.

admiralquincy
UcchiMoko discussion 18 Mar 23:13
Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

I've read this multiple times but still haven't gotten tired of it yet

admiralquincy
Answer discussion 17 Mar 02:07
Cabbage
joined Mar 23, 2017

Lmao I just commissioned a scanlator to translate this doujin for me. RIP that money, but I'm glad to see Mitsunara's getting some love.