Forum › Posts by Raz

Raz
Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

The most consistent high quality in releases in every way - manga/doujin choices, translation, scans, editing, and typesetting. Thanks for your hard work, guys!

Raz
Lily Love discussion 27 May 07:38
Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

Good phone reception at a Thai graduation ceremony? A bald-faced lie, lol.

This was a fun read. Thanks!

Raz
Seiyuuri discussion 19 May 23:33
Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

Really liking the BanG Dream! scanlated images. Thanks!

Raz
Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

Oh man, that song is so old. I wasn't expecting that, but it makes sense considering this is a story gathering ideas from when the author was in high school. I guess it also hints at their age? Lol. What a throwback. Thanks for posting.

it isn't that old, is it? ;A;

I hate to break it to you, but it's 15 years old. :(

(It, too, was a high school song for me, damn.)

Raz
Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

Oh man, that song is so old. I wasn't expecting that, but it makes sense considering this is a story gathering ideas from when the author was in high school. I guess it also hints at their age? Lol. What a throwback. Thanks for posting.

Raz
Renai Kowai discussion 03 Jan 10:07
Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

I don't surprise if Takemiya-sama actually gay. ))

She doesn't seem to use the term necessarily, but she has said she's lived for a long time with her female partner so I figure that's pretty much the same thing. She's also made it very, very clear that the only thing she wants to draw is yuri.

She's a lesbian. Erica Friedman interviewed her a couple years back, and her twitter information says so as well.

Raz
Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

Ooh, I like the complexities of where this could be going.

The new guy obviously has some connection to Touko's sister. I wonder if this is going to reflect the play - Touko having one image of her sister, the guy having another one - and how this might affect Touko's decision to become her sister. If they're different, then whose version is she supposed to become?

Also A+ developments:
- Sayaka playing the lover
- Yuu and her feelings
- Riko-sensei's girlfriend trying to sneak a kiss (the domesticity of it!)

Raz
Moondrops discussion 30 Dec 00:09
Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

THAT CREDIT PAGE.

As long as you're here to.

This was really cute. Wouldn't mind if it gets a continuation.

Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

Cute.

That sentiment in the afterword though...

"a yuri born from Shuuichi and Sensei's existence"
"'mistakes of youth' feel that happens between normally straight people"
"just part of my dark past"
"when they would make mistakes with all their might"

Yikes.

Raz
Steps discussion 19 Dec 07:02
Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

Holy... this manga and these characters are so thoughtful in their own way. When things are, at the end of the day, rational or in a unique perspective, I am in total bliss.

And, man, those credits.

^^^

Same, I love Takemiya Jin for how she inserts different, understandable perspectives into her characters. Just because you do things differently, doesn't mean you don't care. (Heh, "stay by my side forever".)

This was cute! I'm glad we got more Takemiya Jin before the end of the year.

Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

Uh, maybe I'm just an idiot but what the heck was Kai doing stretching her hand out like that for no reason? And why did she randomly start running when there were a bunch of people in front of her? Or was she tripping or something? I can't really tell what's going on in that panel...

Looking at the angle of her right foot in the bottom panels here, it looks like she tripped? That's some shitty luck.

last edited at Dec 18, 2016 4:29PM

Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

Way to go, MC!!! You can see how much they both care about each other's feelings. Nice.

Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

That was a mildly uncomfortable read. It felt like it was missing something? I guess there was more focus on Torii wanting something to happen to Kai's fingers + how not being alone made Kai like her music more, so there wasn't really any room to show the love between them. That one page montage and the "I probably wished I could touch those hands" was kinda meh for it to end with an "I love you".

Thanks for translating the author's notes at the end! It's always interesting to see what they have to say.

Raz
Estherlea discussion 17 Dec 15:37
Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

One-shot advent calendar!? Ahh, what a great lead-up to Christmas.

Whoever you are, thank you!

Raz
Lily Love discussion 11 Dec 17:27
Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

The cheesiness is part of the charm I'd say. Everything that is usually not shown or is implied in Japanese manga is exposed here.

She lays it really thick, as if it was an educational manga. Same-sex love, 101.

I appreciated how Ploy talked about whether Donut was ready to accept the realities of being in a same-sex relationship, and how Mew's conversation with her father went. They're very relatable topics. You're right in that we don't usually see Japanese manga go into as much detail in that regard, so it's nice to see even if it seems 'basic'.

Though I did find the dialogue to bit cheesy in Thai for the last few chapters, it was more... how they talked to each other rather than what they were saying itself, if that makes any sense. It's hard to explain. Might be a byproduct of going from reading 29 chapters in English to the last 3 in Thai.

For a seasoned manga reader, it's cringy. For first timers, it's cute. But after all, the target audience is Thai, so maybe not accustomed to yuri tropes and there, they like that kind of exposition.

Long story short, you're NOT the target audience. Sorry to burst your bubble.

There's a lot of translated BL and yuri manga in Thailand either through online scanlation or officially published Thai versions, so I don't think it's because we're behind or we're not used to yuri tropes. But "you're mine" is something I've heard couples here say so... could be more a cringy relationship thing.

Raz
Lily Love discussion 11 Dec 15:59
Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

Oh wow, only just discovered this. Randomly clicked into this series so I hadn't seen the character names at first, but this uniform and these hexagonal street tiles made me go "waitaminute, is this Thai?", lol. Read it all in one go here and then the raws on Ookbee.

Tropes and sometimes cheesy dialogue aside, this was a good read. Really nice art. Thanks for making this available!

Raz
Kazuma Kowo discussion 06 Dec 12:50
Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

Niiiiiiiiiice.

Raz
Image Comments 06 Dec 12:45
Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016
Superfriends

Got dam, KyoAni pls.

Raz
Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

What a nice surprise! Read through it all again and it's still as lovely as I remember. Thank you for continuing to work on this.

Raz
Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

i've read some of nakatani's works, it seems like she loves to have open-end route rather than, let's say happy ending or sad ending route. Like she loves to be in grey area than in black or white area. I'm considering we would get that kind of ending, And seeing all of her other works, she's not the type to stick to one ship so there's a possibility we don't get 'happy' ending for the main pairing but idk, this is official series and not indie so.. yeah there's huge difference

I read some of her doujins after starting Bloom Into You and I agree. She deviates from cliches, and her endings tend to leave a lot to the imagination on how the story will proceed.

It's refreshing to find someone whose stories don't go the way you expect. Like in chapter 10 - I was fully expecting Touko to show some kind of sign that she might reconsider becoming her sister after hearing Yuu's plea, but how firm she was in her decision surprised me. Not your typical yuri romance.

Still hoping for a happy end though.

Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

This love that won't reach

Looks definitely interesting, even though angst isn't everyone's cup of tea... (isn't it, Nevri? ;)

Thanks for linking this! I liked tMnR's doujins so I was pretty excited when I heard they were contributing to Yuri Hime. Not sure how the story is going to proceed, but I'll keep an eye out for this.

Raz
Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

Yes, and i believe we recall that the ending and title of the play is still undecided. So it means either the ending will be the same with the way Touko choose to live her life or she makes the ending as her reference.
I think the ending of the play arc will be the closure for the issue Touko shoulder all this time.
...the most possible ending of the play is that the main character actually doesn't choose from the 3 option and instead making a new option that only belongs to her. Maybe.

If the title of the play is Yagate Kimi ni Naru, it will seriously angst me, it gives me the feeling that the series is coming to an end soon. I hope this arc (is this the play arc? I wonder if we'll see the play in this volume) isn't the last arc
Also reminds me how brilliant the title will probably be when we fully realise what it's suppose to mean. As of now, it's still pretty enigmatic. We see ways it links to characters and plot point, but i don't think we can say for sure yet.

I hope it's not the last arc for selfish reasons (it's such a good series, I don't want it to end so soon), but also because it doesn't seem like there's enough time for the play to unpack how Touko chooses to live her life, her feelings for Yuu, Yuu's feelings for her, and resolving the feelings they have for each other.

There'll probably be enough to get to Yuu's feelings, but the mentality behind how Touko chooses to live her life and her feelings for Yuu seem very much entangled and complicated.

Raz
4s discussion 02 Dec 19:40
Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

Couldn't find anywhere else to leave 4s a message. Thank you for scanlating Yagate Kimi ni Naru! (And so quickly and in such great quality after it's released in Japan too.)

Thanks, guys.