Forum › Posts by Nyamsas

Img-thing%20copy
joined Sep 15, 2016

@Nyamsas I agree with you completely, many of these things I'd like to understand more too though doubt i ever truly will.
Despite this there are many who can't handle an intellectual debate, those who don't wish to understand the opposing side or difference of opinion, due to lack of objectivity. Because of this there many times which its easier to avoid the subject all together.

Indeed, that is true. It doesn't even have to be a "difficult topic"... Even the simplest topic, you will various times find some who aren't willing to accept that other people can have different opinions and just try to impose theirs. In that case, yeah it would be better to simply avoid the subject all together -~- .. We all have different views and different opinions, all based from different unique experiences and thoughts too. It's a bit... sadden... when people can't accept that =/

Img-thing%20copy
joined Sep 15, 2016

I personally dont really like debating issues of communities I'm not personally involved in, like trans, genderfluid, and ace/axe, because my lack of involvement prevents me from fully understanding it in a way where I can express my though from school the point of my ignorance while avoiding offending those who these issues reach directly.

I respect that. I'll be honest, not exactly sure how to put it, but most times I'm more interested in knowing other people's perspectives rather than the debate itself - the way people react, reason, behave, think, respond - it picks a lot my interest. I do get involved in certain debate issues i'm not fully involved in not only for those reasons, but also cause I want to understand for multiple reasons. I do stay careful though cause I don't want my words to hurt anyone as they have no ill intention in them. I have various friends who fall in those communities and getting to know their view on such issues is interesting too. I know it's pretty much impossible to fully understand, but I still try. All this aside, another reason I involve myself into such debates is cause knowing all these things also helps with creating relate-able characters.

This was an interesting read. I understood that. Thank you!

I'm glad I was of some help x3

Img-thing%20copy
joined Sep 15, 2016

People here really love classifying characters. Specially in Bloom Into You, people pullin stuff right out of their asses.

Could it possibly be... just maaaybe... someone who has just never fallen in love before? Who maaaybe will someday?

And then there is that too :P - I agree totally on that point. People do love classifying and I tend to go with the flow as I'm always up for discussion and creating assumptions but even then, at the end, only the artist/creator knows what they intended to do. I think it's interesting to see how people view things differently though. The same thing can be perceived in different ways.

Img-thing%20copy
joined Sep 15, 2016

I liked it, and Hiro was really cute, but it felt a little... creepy? My sister's ace and there are multiple times in the yuri manga around here where I think I see ace/aro characters, and then they meet "the one" and it erases all of that. "Bloom into You" is pretty dang close, but I think it's coming to that point, too. Like, it's a little different here since the MC is sorta floating through life, never caring for anyone that gets close to her, so it makes sense that "the one" suddenly makes her smile and want to turn a new leaf. Just, I don't know, I've seen this plot so many times in yuri and it never ceases to make me wonder if it's being a little inconsiderate.

I think that more than the having characters being ace/aro - lately they are making more ace/demi characters... but that aside, just cause a character is ace, it doesn't mean they can't find "the one". Not all ace are aro too. I think that most people who make ace characters find "the one" are just trying to draw their idea of "happy ending" for an ace. While I agree that it may be a bit of a inconsideration to some ace, I believe that it can also be a relating idea to some. A lot of ace do want to find "the one" aswell, but that's cause they're interested in the "emotional bond" of the relation, not the "sexual aspect" a relation can have.

I'm ace myself, and personally I do like these kind of stories. From my side, even if I'm an ace, I also do have an "interest" in other girls, though my "concept" of "interest" is different from the "norm". I'm saying it that way cause a lot of my friends don't understand this, and personally I could relate a lot with the thoughts that the main character was having. At times you do get those thoughts, and you crave for a person to understand you or to try and explain to you these things you "can't understand".

Img-thing%20copy
joined Sep 15, 2016

This was a good read, a really good read <3