Forum › Posts by Alkallid

Alkallid
9C2 discussion 01 Apr 01:56
joined Feb 29, 2016

Fuckers actually got me I read through an entire doujin full of characters I know nothing about waiting for the Bionicles :(

Alkallid
joined Feb 29, 2016

Honestly I feel like Botan doesn't get enough credit in these comments. She went through so much shit that I feel like the sisters never even realized how much she had to sacrifice for them, and probably still think they were completely in the right when they put the final nail in the coffin and ruined her life. Why would she give a fuck about abandoning her sisters when she's been abandoned herself and all she ever got was taken for granted and judged by her sisters? She had a tiny sliver of joy in her life and they (mostly Momiji tbh) fucked it all up.

I initially read this because I was hyped for some positive trans rep, but in the end I related to Botan so much more, and I feel she deserves way more recognition. (All the problematic stuff and casual transphobia at least got better near the end.) All in all, this was surprisingly both super problematic and super thoughtful, and much more towards the latter as it progressed. The expressions of Kashiwa's dysphoria and her relationship with Kasumi, Momiji's growth from a selfish little shit, the sister's acceptance of and growth about financial hardship and sacrifice, and of course Botan's attitude about her dismal situation really did help me forget the casual sexual harassment and repeated transphobic beats.

I guess this comment was just motivated because some of the messages ragging on Botan reeked of hypocrisy and moralism and I couldn't stop thinking "some of y'all grew up priveliged and it shows" lol

last edited at Jan 7, 2022 8:04AM

Alkallid
joined Feb 29, 2016

Anyone remember a manga that was about I think either a bunch of former college classmates meeting up together as adults or former high school classmates meeting in college or something like that? I remember the artstyle was pretty distinct and faces were drawn more sharply, and the closest approximation to the artstyle is Nega's. I remember there were like four main girls/women in scenes wearing business casual attire at a mixer and then going to a beach. The plot was like they were reminiscing about their times together in college/high school after meeting up post-yuri. I don't remember more than a couple chapters being posted but I absolutely loved the art so if anyone could point me to it uhh God bless

joined Feb 29, 2016

He must have been working 80 hours a week to go from looking like a fresh 21-year old to a deeply wrinkled 55-year old in the ~15 years since Mogumo was born.

last edited at Jan 9, 2021 3:32AM