Forum › Posts by Ployfah

Ployfah
Ng3ss01_thumb
joined Dec 3, 2015

I don't know Thai so I can't discuss about all these snakes shaped letters :P Translation (Thai>Eng) is doing Thai person so if she gives us this text we assume it's correct (also Coco knows some Thai - so she can suggest other sentences to keep the meaning - and she's native Eng that's why she is doing main QC ^^).

Also you should remember that sometimes TN can't translate directly something, because it would sound stiff.

Buuuut as I said. Author and Translator have the last word for this :P

Also, I am not intending to be rude. Please don't take me the wrong way.

I knew I would rub you guys the wrong way when I decide to open my mouth >>
I do appreciate the English translations. But "I'm not going to rape you, sweetie" really isn't the right tone. I know it can't be translate words by words because it would sound weird. I used to translate Thai songs back in the day(My youtube account got deleted due to copy rights hahah). I know the feeling of not knowing the right words.
Ok, I'll leave you now @
@

Ployfah
Ng3ss01_thumb
joined Dec 3, 2015

She actually said "Don't worry, I am not the type to force someone". She saying she isn't interested in rape or something like that. She definitely didn't say sweetie.

Then it is the fault of the translation. The panel I read said what I have quoted. Perhaps some better preparation next time, scanlation team? Assuming the poster above is correct, I have no way of knowing that.

As I said before. We are doing QC. Or more like we are giving suggestions for translator AND THE AUTHOR (because they are working together at Eng version - and yes, I have direct contact to both of them).

So first version was:

I’m not going to struggle you, girl.

Our suggestion:

I’m not going to force you, girl.

After that (so after author and translator decided what to put in the bubble :P):

I'm not going to rape you, girl. - As you may see, it was translator and Author's idea ;)

Last QC at scans (suggestion)

I'm not going to rape you, Darling/Honey/Sweetie

Final version/scans:

I'm not going to rape you, Sweetie.

So if Author was ok with that I won't argue :P

"I'm not going to rape you, Sweetie." would sound more like this in Thai "ฉันไม่ข่มขืนเธอหรอกน่าสาวน้อย"

But the panel said "ฉันไม่มีรสนิยมขืนใจใครหรอกน่า" which should be this kind of tone in English "I'm not the type to force someone"

Which you can see, it have different kind of tone/context. But if the author agree then I can't argue about it. I do find it odd that you feel the need to put "girl" or "sweetie" at the end of the sentence when it shouldn't be there at all.

Also, I am not intending to be rude. Please don't take me the wrong way.

last edited at Dec 3, 2015 3:35PM

Ployfah
Ng3ss01_thumb
joined Dec 3, 2015

I read all the way to chapter 14. I can tell you that there is no rape. Gunj just doesn't know how to treat people lol

Issue isn't exactly whether there will be rape or not in latter chapter, it's that the way the OL goes on that waitress feels like she's about to assault/rape her any second, then have the guts to tell her "hey, it's no like I'm going to rape you !" and that the waitress, obviously feeling threathened there, doesn't have the simple idea to call for help knowing that there's her boss minding the shop just one door away, so probably well whithin earshot.

If the waitress was supposed to look intrigued/tempted there, the author did a pretty bad job to convey that feeling.

I agree it was mess up going that far. Gunj was definitely testing to see how far would it take for Paytai to fight back. Then she realize she went too far and stop.
Gunj is into BDSM but she was never in love. Her relationships with other women wasn't normal to begin with(like using money for BDSM sex). She also the dominate type. I don't know much about the rules of BDSM myself but it seem everyone is upset that there isn't any love and trust. But those things will develop because this time is different. Gunj payed Paytai to play pretend to be her girlfriend. And Gunj never have a girlfriend. She never even go on a date lol. But it seem she'll go through all the steps of dating and falling in love.

last edited at Dec 3, 2015 2:31PM

Ployfah
Ng3ss01_thumb
joined Dec 3, 2015

She actually said "Don't worry, I am not the type to force someone". She saying she isn't interested in rape or something like that. She definitely didn't say sweetie.

Then it is the fault of the translation. The panel I read said what I have quoted. Perhaps some better preparation next time, scanlation team? Assuming the poster above is correct, I have no way of knowing that.

The situation still looked like a prelude to a rape, though.

I read all the way to chapter 14. I can tell you that there is no rape. Gunj just doesn't know how to treat people lol

last edited at Dec 3, 2015 4:40AM

Ployfah
Ng3ss01_thumb
joined Dec 3, 2015