Forum › Posts by ayamiki

joined Oct 7, 2014

Hello all!
I really like manga name PRISM by HIGASHIYAMA SHOU.
Can anyone introduce me some manga that has some quality and basis as this one?

ayamiki
joined Oct 7, 2014

yuri's character mostly evolve around student especially high school.
if adult,most yuris character profession are teachers, OL,idols,sometimes doctor,mangaka,nurse,model,hostess,waiter,shop owner,sport related...i dunt think character profession is a factor to made a great yuris but sometimes i hope i can read yuri's with the character as a cook...like a couple of very talented cook with smart beautiful doctor.....or maybe a pairing of engineer(rare profession for female japanese) with very famous singer/actresses....the combi with unrelated background must be interesting to read

i know this topic is dumb but i can help to rant here since i dunt have any talent to draw or create my own yuris.also, the common theme of yuris between students or a school background is kinda boring and the plot kinda repeated..

last edited at Oct 25, 2014 8:13AM

joined Oct 7, 2014

i read almost 60% of manga recommended here.
i cant help to comment about how depressed i am reading blue friends. the angst element is too heavy that im felt sorry to mizusu when she helplessly, continuously show her love towards the "perfect" ayumu but never had her love properly returned.the ending left me unsatisfied at the end..the angst weighing here is almost same as what in citrus..
but thing goes differently in kimi koi limit.it has it own angst element but it elaborated in pleasant way and wrap up with the great ending..at least one love towards another is properly being returned.
my depressed is then being healed with cross heart. at beginning it has some depressing plot story and the art is kinda gloomy. i dont care, believe in my guts and continue reading. the luck is on my side when the story just got better upon chapters and the ending is quite heartwarming and pretty good too..
and guys,
i read tropical girls too...yes it has many love affectionate scene but i cannot really felt it because it doesnt had any background story behind it..so i guess im not the fan of this kind of story ;0
thats all i think..please keep sharing when you find a good yuri's to read!
@psychopath..i dont find girl friend beta manga here ;(

joined Oct 7, 2014

@flips & nezchan
r you guys talking about tropical girl?this series sound interesting tho if u two talk about it like that. will sure to look into it today!
@lucamarte
r u kidding me?sweet guilty love bite,SGLB already in my top 5 yuri's...kyaa~
so u implying yukemuri sanctuary rite?(which had same vibe with SGLB you mean?)

joined Oct 7, 2014

my heart feel all warm and fluffy by reading kimi koi limit, kase san and under 1 roof...
i guess i dunt have to limit my yuri reading requirement anymore..as long as the story plot is meaninglfull, full of lovey dovey heartwarming moment is quite enough for me..
i read sisterism also but i dont really get the story at all..heee..
btw thanks guys for the help.it help in many ways!

wow..theres lot more to add into my reading list too..thanks rye,underachiever,psychopath..
i will sure to check it all..
btw i already sakura trick fan by watching its anime..unfortunately most of vol3 from its manga didnt translate yet..hoping for the release soon..

last edited at Oct 19, 2014 8:07PM

ayamiki
joined Oct 7, 2014

i hope we can read the rest fro vol 3 soon

joined Oct 7, 2014

how about put rating system on each title?
example: readers can vote how many star they want to give out of 10 star...

joined Oct 7, 2014

yeah some suggestion really help but some didnt really get into me in anyways..
but believe me all those suggestion do help me a lot..i kinda list down all the title that were being suggested before and i read and even rating it (base on my personal taste)..so currently i still reading base on the suggested list..
out of 5 there is some that i really like (i dont manage to find 5/5 so far)
4.5/5
prism,gakujou drop,sweet guilty love bites,aqua blue cinema

4.0/5
poor poor lips, love flag girls, sweet little devil,octave,maka2,girlfriends,hanjuku joshi,candy boy

3.5/5
pieta,twin cake,stretch

i guess i dont have to list down the rest but all the suggestion really help me a lot. i cant get my mind off aqua blue cinema and poor2 lips though. i dunno why..
but thanks again you guys.. there a lot i still not reading..i believe i will find something more great though~

opposite to rye and psychopath, im a boke... :)

joined Oct 7, 2014

@psychopath
i really need some opinion by others..i do..because when i search by myself i end up reading something i dont like..example: ayame, mousou honey, ohana holoholo.

joined Oct 7, 2014

update2~
i read some more yesterday...
pieta>i feel a bit skeptical about pieta at first.when ithas less doki doki moment but as many had said this series is great!it got me cried a bit.
aqua blue cinema>heartwarming and cute like crazy..i really like tae nice and considerate character..i hope i can read more series like this..

joined Oct 7, 2014

update..update :)
poor poor lips>its kinda unexpected.once i got it all (download all chapter) i git depressed because of the art. i force myself reading it though and surprisingly it has so many dorky dorky and funny moment that i cant help myself to laugh and feel dookyun~. i love it and i cant get enough of it until they truly embrace their love.
Roommates > too short i hope there is more drama to it.i like it anyway though
the real her> urm...i can feel the love but the tsundere is too much...
ah~help! i cant get enough of yuri~i blame prism for this sudden obsession...

joined Oct 7, 2014

@lucamarte..ahaha yes.you correct.im indeed browsing the same artist to find their other pieces.

the things with my current internet is having a prob and running in slow speed. i have no option to download the series first before i can read it. here in dynasty scan unfortunately we can only dl 1 file/3 hrs. is there any way to bypass or cheating so that i can dl everytime i need?

joined Oct 7, 2014

update:
today i'll pick 3 series to read and quite satisfy on my reading

twin cake>im not sure if this suggest by anyone here or i pick accidentally. but i love the story plot and how they progressing.it something that i looking for to read
shoujo holic > same as twin cake.the love is vibrant and heartwarming. i like it!
love flag girls> same as above..the love and mature content is something straightforward and yes..i like it!

@ flips..thanks for your recommendation
some of the series you suggest i already read.. (blushing)
sweet little devil > one shot but has a background story of how their intimate life come together. i love the pairing so much that i hope the artist will create a self contained /spin off series for this couple
i fell in love for the first time> i kinda like this too..but too much mature content in it.
since you already give a suggestion that i already like, so i will pick up all your recommend to my reading list i guess..thank you~

since im here, i want to read a doujin for these pairing (aya x miki -hello project) & (robin x nami -one piece) but never success to find one.
if you guys happen to know/read anything about it please let me know too.
thanks

last edited at Oct 12, 2014 12:58AM

joined Oct 7, 2014

@rye..is it to odd and too ambiguous? hehe..then just to set it straight, anything that has same vibe as prism/octave/hajuku joshi will do..
yeah i do start browse one by one (alphabetically) and look for the piece im interest.
@underachiever - u r right.i will not read any incest :(
@nezchan - thank u. yes im not looking for fanfic and one-shot...
ahh...so many series to catch up and to try on..and as usual i move so slow.

Gokujo Drops,
Ebisu-san and Hotei-san > Read it..story is quite heartwarming but there is no love declaration and im frustated..
Chatting At the Amber Teahouse
Green
Pieta > despite its has heavy on good recommendation from yuri readers, i still cant catch up with slow and depressesing vibe of the story..maybe ill try when im in the actual mood to read something like this
Collectors > too much interrupting from the 3rd point of view..
The Flower and the Star
First Love Sisters
Aqua Blue Cinema
Husky and Medley
kuchibiru_ni_suketa_orange > Plain OK.
unchanging_days
pure_water_adolescence
yukemuri_sanctuary
raubritter
From Aiu Station On The Hiragana Line
I'll Send Her Home On The Last Train (sequel)
Graffiti
Cirque Arachne
Wife and Wife
Cross Hearts
The Miko's Words
Witch's Incantations
The Lovesick Over My Best Friend
clover
Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossoms Pink
Poor Poor lips, Sisterism
Kimochi no Katachi Kana
kase san
all @satsuki yuri listed (thanks for all the warning like heavy on angst or whatsoever there..)

despite all those long waiting list im moving too slow guys..
but keep suggesting..

joined Oct 7, 2014

thank you all
i take up some of your suggestion in to mind ;)

joined Oct 7, 2014

just to update

since there are so many pieta mention here i have to admit i must try and so i do..along side with collectors & ebisu,hotei san..
to be honest here is my opinion:
pieta-as nezchan say pieta is not im looking for currently..the theme is too heavy for me ..although i believe this story must be great if i continue reading towards the ends but there are so many depressing flash back monologue that i cant stand yet. mayb im not mature enough to accept this kind of genre?
collector-it capture my interest at the beginning but i start losing it through pages..it just so many third person point of view and the conversation is mostlt about books and clothing..i might be continue reading it but maybe 1 chap per day since i download everything already
ebisu-hotei san-this so far close what im looking for but where is the declaration of love?
Thank you for all your suggestion.
please do tell if you got more suggestion.

joined Oct 7, 2014

oh you quyz,
this is unexpected..you are all so quick to respond, im surprised and of course im GLAADDD..Thank you..
as i got all these recommendation from all of you guys,
Gokujo Drops,
Ebisu-san and Hotei-san
Chatting At the Amber Teahouse
Green
Pieta
Collectors-
The Flower and the Star
First Love Sisters
Aqua Blue Cinema
Husky and Medley
i surely and definitely will have to try it all..again..thank you so much..

as im reading my first post, maybe i doesnt imply my preference very well that made some of you getting confuse of what im really looking for..
frankly the one i really need is the sophisticated manga (@ alletto: bulls eye! you are right)..which i had consider the one with proper character and story development..simple and heartwarming plot..main lead with their feeling must obviously head over heels or madly in love with each other..also i prefer if the art is more realistic (example maka-maka, prism..) and doesnt look so "mangaish" (if you know what i mean). :)
as to add, i dont mind if it has pseudo-incest in its element but i hate incest element..because i think its morally wrong..also i cant stand too much angst because i get easily depressed...and please do not recommend one-shot or fantasy or het or anything weird like that..i just cant stand all those genre..

p/s*just currently i download strawberry shake sweet (i pick it base on anonymous recommendation) and not satisfy with it at all..it has pretty but uncool lead character, crowdy background and the feeling development got soo much interfere from surrounding character...the story is just getting drag and messy...it is so disappointing when i really want is to read a proper and nice story development manga..instead this manga get me dizzy in just a few pages from reading it :(

thank you guys for your recommendation. as i browse some of it , there are some potential that i might come to like..i really welcome any recommendation or suggestion from you all guys because i want continuously read a good manga..

last edited at Oct 7, 2014 11:17PM

joined Oct 7, 2014

guyz

currently ive beeen searching for great yuri. i prefer the type with simple yet heartwarming romance story, realistic plot with some mature content ;)
im trying hard to avoid the one with sci-fi, horror, animal ear, magical or something like that. im not really fond to any of these genre.

for me, i really LOVE (not just like) but LOVE the kind of story like prism, stretching, octave, hanjuku shoji..those type i most prefer so far... Is there any manga yuri that has same vibe like those above? Please let me know...

i read citrus and girlfriend due to its good recommendation..it is ok but not really my type.
citrus is way to angst for me and girl friends has so many unnecessary plot that doesnt really helping the main character relationship.

please anyone..if you got any suggestion about what im searching for, please let me know.
TQ

ayamiki
prism 07 Oct 09:55
joined Oct 7, 2014

i just read prism yesterday
i love it so much but this series has been cancelled due to plagiarism issue
it so sad because prism the type of yuri manga that im yearning for so long
the character, surrounding is so realistic that i hope more of yuri manga can copy this style in the future.
anyway the other manga (stretch) created by the same mangaka is quite good also.but i prefer prism and miss it already!!!!!!