Forum › Posts by Yayahyea202

Yayahyea202
joined Sep 25, 2014

Shouldn't the only solution to this whole mess of a story is to kill off one main character?

The angst, envy, jealousy, anger, confusion and lust these pathetic characters are feeling, the cause of one particular character?

Yayahyea202
joined Sep 25, 2014

On a different note, I beg three questions: 1) given the interaction between Mikage and her father, I wonder if he actually "did" anything to/with Mikage, Tomoe on the other hand has held a grudge against dad because she "thinks" he did something to Mikage; and 2) Tomoe looks like the dad. for that reason, if Mikage really "loves" Tomoe, did Tomoe's looks play a role in that attraction? and if it did, again I beg the question, does Mikage really "love" Tomoe, or is she conflating romantic love with familial love because Tomoe is being seen as a replacement for the father? 3) I'm having quite a hard time understanding where Tomoe's "feelings" for her sister originated. If she too has romantic feelings, did they manifest because Mikage constantly did and said things that implied I like you/I love you? if not, from where? (Personally, I still think her feelings are not romantic and are a result of the poor family structure)

That is what I thought too as Tomoe looked so uncannily like her father.
Made me do a double take on the driving force behind Mikage's sexual attraction to her sister.
I went back to the scene where Mikage was reminiscing her initial attraction in the bathtub. It made me think her sexual feelings started off with the sight of her sister having her first period. Was it the sight of blood that ignited her desires? First period may also be symbolic to first sexual experience. This gave me a strong feeling that their dad abused Mikage and continues to abuse her to this day. Her father showing her sexual love most likely confused her and the whole experience must have been very surreal. She may have blocked out the sex act itself (hence her naivety about physical love) but stubborn memories that are tactile or visual sensitive may be too strong to block out entirely. Dad gave her a semblance of love when he took her virginity and Mikage expected the same with Tomoe. But it was different this time around. Though they may share almost identical facial features, Tomoe loved her like a sister and never like a sex object or some sort of demented replacement for a loss love. And if this is true there is also a high chance that this incest love story might not be so incestuous after all.

Yayahyea202
joined Sep 25, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sakana_no_miru_yume_ch09#20

That looked kinda... perv...

His eyes were drawn flat without any color or depth. I think it was meant to be more of his emptiness as a person/father after the loss of his wife rather pervert. Like he's dead inside.

A keen observation and very true but why draw another panel focusing on her inner thigh?
The empty look in his eyes plus the thigh shot looks prettyyy creepy to me lol.

The dad seemed almost human in this chapter, unlike others where he is drawn as a faceless menacing figure. The fatherly persona he had appeared to be quite insincere and forced. He probably tries hard to act the part of a father in order to absolve the 'actions' he had or will have with Mikage (I don't think he is genuinely interested or even care about her inner conflict). Really a predatory sonofabitch.

last edited at Sep 25, 2014 12:40AM