Forum › Posts by armand12

armand12
Salamanders%20hires
joined May 20, 2014

It feels a little too quick, but it definitely warrants continuation, perhaps someday.

armand12
No Longer Lurking 20 May 23:58
Salamanders%20hires
joined May 20, 2014

Big-time fan of dynasty-scans here, or any scanlation group for that matter, since about 2008, and thought I'd try my hand at helpin ya'll out. Since there isn't an obvious new forumite faq, sorry if this breaks any rules or traditions.

I'm fairly experienced working with photoshop, though I've never done anything like cleaning a manga/comic page to insert translated text. After reading so much for so long I think I've got Japanese character/alphabet recognition down, regardless of font or if it's used as SFX, and by extension I should be able to do rough translations; I do the same thing for several historical German texts as part of my other hobby, though I'm sure the learning curve for the appropriate meanings of common Japanese phrases will present its own challenges. I guess I'm just lookin for an opportunity to contribute to the community effort that has brought me such joy.

I guess that's it really, if ya'll aren't lookin for a near-total newb to scanlation who's only experienced in the tools used, I'd appreciate any guidance on getting started on my own.

Sincerely,

armand12 -or- XII