Forum › Posts by Maikochan

Maikochan
Love Bullet discussion 10 Sep 03:19
joined Jul 1, 2025

Yet the "transformation" was unsettling, maybe "overloading" a cupid with the magic bullets fills them with such envy that they might totally lose control ( the redding of the skin, the eye widening ) and unleash nefarious powers.
Which may have a "price" to pay losing the cupid status and became....well.... wathever Sae is now.

I think it was either Ena saying "How does it feel when someone fights back" or something to that effect, triggering Sae's memories of her own death that did it...

OR

Ena shot Sae with her own gun. A cupid being hit by another cupid's gun gets envious of not finding love, a cupid hit by their own gun might have that magic get... I dunno, 'inverted' or something. Because what Sae says after cursing Ena...

"I hate you." For angels who spread love, I feel like one that feels 'hate' might be the exact opposite of a cupid... whatever that might be.

I love this kind of storytelling where not everything is explained right away, it really helps expand the world... there's more than what we see. Inee's a great storyteller!

Maikochan
Love Bullet discussion 08 Sep 21:51
joined Jul 1, 2025

It's interesting how Sae's backstory is actually only the third we've received so far, if I recall correctly. We obviously get Koharu's, of course, and then we get Ena's, which intentionally has a lot of parallels to Koharu's but in a more straightforward tragic sense, her being a person who didn't have much love in her life compared to Koharu missing her chance for love due to her not noticing.
Sae's glimpse of her backstory seems to break the pattern once more; it seems as though she was killed due to what I read as a bullying victim snapping and cutting her throat in the bathroom, which is triggered some sort of PTSD when Ena starts viciously fighting her.

Cupids are born from people who never experienced love in life. Sae strikes me as someone incapable of love, or who used it to manipulate people. If the Goddess is making conscious decisions about who gets made into a Cupid, then it's an interesting choice and raises ideas of perhaps trying to teach Sae to be a good person. But it could also be an automatic thing. Both are interesting ideas.

Obviously this is a job of sorts for the cupids, so a disconnect will be inevitable in some degree, but Sae being so uncaring of the actual humans she's pairing up that she let someone die just so she didn't have to put her in her calculations.... crazy. I wonder how the story will weigh the moralities of the characters. Does Sae deserve hell?

Based on what little we know right now, I would lean "yes" to that answer, whatever "hell" is in Love Bullet. At the very least it shows she hasn't learned if that's what she was reborn as a cupid for, and quite likely never will, especially now.

...

God I love this manga!

...

Also had a thought... it could be even more sinister than Sae simply letting Hasumi die... Cupids can affect the environment, it might be that she caused the landslide intentionally, specifically to get rid of Hasumi...

last edited at Sep 8, 2026 9:53PM

joined Jul 1, 2025

Is he a cross dresser or is he trans? Why'd she refer to him as a she?

I interpreted it as her getting heated and emotional and not really thinking about what she was saying.

I don't know too much about Japanese language quirks around gender, so I can't speak on that part.

Also, I neeeed this to get a full series... or at least a few more chapters.

Maikochan
joined Jul 1, 2025
Hovciucbyaabtdi-orig

Kronii x Kronii tag needed?

Maikochan
joined Jul 1, 2025

In my head, there's another page, where the guy finds out, confronts Seira with "If you want to make it up to me, then be happy and marry her." and it turns out he knew she was gay all along. Would resolve any problems with cheating, and get the other girl in a bit of trouble if all she wanted was a quick fling.

Also, subversion of expectation is funny.

joined Jul 1, 2025

A good stick is worth any handheld game.

joined Jul 1, 2025

On one hand, it can come off as trite or contrived, to have this sort of drama, but on the other hand, I know full well how easy it is to get caught up in your own head, and how hard it can be to pull out of that kind of mire. And Mai is pure and clueless enough that she's unlikely to figure it out for herself. Hopefully Runa can clear the air!

Maikochan
joined Jul 1, 2025
Gxufdrnawaati7r-orig

Often called UV Protection Arm Sleeves, or at least, that's what they show up as in searches. Bitches to get ahold of here...

joined Jul 1, 2025

I wonder if we could have a "It gets better" tag for things like this.