Forum › Posts by unc15

joined Aug 22, 2013

I wonder if she's using kansaiben.

Now I'm really wondering how she actually spoke in the raws.. I think I spent so much time staring and trying to figure out what she said that I didn't really pay attention to the art anymore...

She is speaking a fake Kyoto version of the Kansai dialect, if I remember. It's been awhile since I looked at the raws. We couldn't really think of a good way to translate it in a way where things wouldn't be lost in English. Best way I can describe it is as a fake Parisian courtesan accent. Maybe the only American English equivalent would be an old Southern belle accent.

last edited at Jun 19, 2015 9:37AM

joined Aug 22, 2013

The manga has to end sometime.

Not for three more volumes.

joined Aug 22, 2013

To preemptively answer questions, regarding the Judgment of Ooka:

You can learn about the man here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%8Coka_Tadasuke

Essentially, he was a famous judge from the Tokugawa era. The specific case mentioned can be said to be akin to the famous Judgement of Solomon from the old testament. Ooka was trying to determine who was the real parent of a child: the one that raised him or the one that gave birth to him. He had both parents pull on the child’s arms. When the child cried out in pain, the parent by birth kept pulling while the one that had raised him let go to stop hurting him. By this, it was discovered that the stronger love lay with the parent that had raised him. So, the outcome is a bit different from the judgement of Solomon. Similarly, Yurika stops her seduction out of concern for Ren, and thus proves to have the stronger love.

So, that's why there is a picture of a baby crying "ow" "ow" while having his arms pulled.

joined Aug 22, 2013

Ch.6 and Ch7 are already TL'd, with Ch.8 on the way. It's just a matter of how fast it takes to edit. Keep in mind, we t/l ALL the SFX for this series, a time-consuming process when it comes to cleaning, rd'ing, etc.

I will keep TLing this series till the end though. :)

That said, Ch6 is almost done so you should see it soon enough, "soon" being a relative term.

last edited at Aug 22, 2013 9:53PM