Forum › Posts by Marion Diabolito

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This is not Vivid, but lately I've been re-watching the whole Nanoha series while I clean house, etc. In the very first series, I noticed a great scene with Nanoha and the Time-Space Administrative Bureau chief, who's a womanchild and a half. Basically, she has the classic set up for sado (tea CEREMONY). The green powdered/block tea, brushes, bean gum, you name it. They're all in seiza. The traditional cup of tea is poured for the chief, and she puts CREAM and THREE HEAPING SUGARS in it.

If any of you have done tea ceremony, that's like - taking the communion wafer, pouring chocolate syrup on it and dunking it in the communion wine.

The tea involved is really delicious and super expensive and doesn't improve (I think, no one in real life would test this) with milk or sugar.

Nanoha looks at that and almost faints. It's hilarious, and very Japanese, and it's kind of a throwaway sight gag and establishing character moment at the same time. That a nine-year-old girl sees it makes it more hilarious.

last edited at Oct 3, 2017 5:41PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Ending is a direct reference/shoutout to Hana to Uso to Makoto. FWIW. Who knew sempai's idiocy would ever have lasting consequences?

They'll be together again next incarnation.

last edited at Oct 2, 2017 4:48PM

Marion Diabolito
New Game discussion 02 Oct 16:44
joined Jan 5, 2015

Dunno how it is now but a couple years ago france was #2 in the world, after the US. In terms of total revenue for game companies based in a country.

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 02 Oct 12:38
joined Jan 5, 2015
Dkfce09v4aymvdm-orig

If Lotte gave up on boys - she's pretty straight in the series - I think she'd go after Akko, TBH.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Reminds me of the manga about the girl who's like a furnace so all the girls hug her in the winter but only the one that loves her does so in the summer.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Oh come on, she's a cute innocent little girl - how bad could it get?

That image has got me curious... Care to share the source, please?

The image doesn't show it, but she's riding a much older girl named Hana, naked, on all fours, with a horse tail plugged into her rear end and a bridle in her mouth, and Katja is periodically whipping her with a riding crop. Even better, she's doing that while calmly discussing business with the two main characters, who are horrified.

It's Ekaterina from Seikon no Qwaser. Dynasty Scans have a doujin on her that's absolutely true to canon.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_queen_and_me_training_in_progress

The chapter in Seikon that introduces Katerina ("The Queen and I") starts with Hana. She's the hench-girl to a queen bee that's bullying the protagonist Mafuyu and her gay-for-her best friend. Hana's willing to be a bully because she is insecure about her secrets: first, that she's gay, second that she likes little girls.
Katerina, a grade-school age girl from Russia who is the reincarnated Tzarina Alexandra, has an adult's understanding of the world, and sizes up Hana immediately. Katerina is a dominatrix and a sadist. Hana, despite her tough front, is a submissive and a masochist and becomes her slave. This is from the manga:

Weirdly, they're basically the main love story of a series that's otherwise endless bare breasts and violent action.

last edited at Sep 30, 2017 5:17PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I REALLY THOUGHT THEY WERE YUI AND MIO FROM K-ON
MY LIFE IS A LIE

Laughing cause the author has done a k-on doujin xD

And not just ANY K-On! doujin, but one that compares favorably in art and writing to the K-On! manga and anime themselves, and the K-On! Anthology. If you had put that one in the anthology it wouldn't have been out of place, and would have probably been the favorite. If people want to see what this mangaka is capable of artistically, they should all read Yui and Azusa's Love Song.

But yes I feel your pain lol

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

It shocks me people would dump on K-On! since I would give it as an example of real depth and greatness - beneath the fluff it quite realistically showed a very believable set of high school girls and what it's like when they form a band - including heartwarming support from other all-girl bands, taking jobs to buy equipment, etc. And even better, Yui is hands down the best portrayal of severe ADHD ever done in any fictional medium of any sort. Including a pretty unsentimental depiction of how crippling it can be.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

It's cute. But it's no K-ON! and it seems the author really wants it to be.

K-On! had a lot more going for it, staff, time, materials.

But maybe they'll come off llike a new KyoAni inspired series. KinMoze did, even though it was Gokumi (who made most of the Saki series and Pandora and Yuki Yunna, but made Kin-Iro like a KyoAni) and so did the giant Madhouse with Hanayamata. I liked KinMoze and Hanayamata, so even if School Resort! gets an anime one day, I'll probably like that, too.

All of them tended to draw a lot from Manga Time, etc.

last edited at Sep 30, 2017 4:16PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

They ARE Yui and Mio, with Karen from Kin-iro Mosaic teleported in and given Mei from Citrus' personality and position. The art seems REALLY Kin-iro Mosaic to me. Which is a plus, I've missed it.

BTW I like this series, and I'll like it even more if Neko is screwing with Sou - like, every chapter she says something ambiguous to drive Sou nuts.

last edited at Sep 30, 2017 4:09PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

My yuri goggles are pretty strong, but I see this as not at all lolicon but more like abandonment issues that masquerade as Subtext but isn't even that.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

In all my years following Love Live I never thought I would relate to any of this characters and yet here I stand corrected

Both you and your eyes?

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I am going to put this out there, after re-reading it. Hotei is not cut out to be a career woman, and Ebisu-san IS cut out to be one, so Hotei becoming a housewife and stay-at-home mom is probably maximizing their collective talents. Part of it is Hotei is lazy and hates to work, or even think, but having her beloved Ebisu-chan to keep house for really, clearly, motivates her. It's probably the first time she's ever BEEN motivated. The child's actual mother is basically her fun-loving auntie, Ebisu is her dad, and Hotei is her mom (although the way she sees it, she has three mommies, each with a different role). I also like how the main character, Hotei, started out as a terrible person and grew out of it.

Also:

Their rooms are connected by a balcony. They probably "talk" out on it sometimes.

last edited at Sep 28, 2017 7:53PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Ah, so it was the normal Momo-speak. I thought maybe the doujin Momo was using otoko or even yatsu.

Marion Diabolito
New Game discussion 26 Sep 16:12
joined Jan 5, 2015

My shipping picture is everyone at Eagle Jump takes a number when they arrive at work and Aoba sleeps with them when their turn comes. Her nominal job is a cover for her real, Yuricam-style job.

Marion Diabolito
New Game discussion 25 Sep 13:36
joined Jan 5, 2015

Re French Video Games: first of all you have a lot of indie studios, but second of all, Kou the Heartbreaking Jerk is probably on to something: https://theculturetrip.com/europe/france/paris/articles/how-france-became-a-world-leader-in-video-games/ But as someone who studied a little art in Paris, I agree that art is more understandable from first-glance viewpoint, as it's taken very seriously in an old-fashioned way - the way that Hayao Miyazaki wishes the next generations of animators would do it.

last edited at Sep 25, 2017 1:38PM

Marion Diabolito
New Game discussion 25 Sep 13:31
joined Jan 5, 2015

I honestly don't get the point of the whole Rin + Kou thing now. It really doesn't amount to any more than pointlessly tormenting one extremely nice character, and after a while, it's not even interesting. It's a good series and anime on balance, but that part of it is just annoying. It reminds me a lot of Stretch. It's a huge weakness and I wish they'd never put it in there to begin with.

Also, with Hifumi and Hazuki, and probably others, being fully aware of Rin's feelings, that was "bait" that she'd make progress and then they "switched" it to absolutely nothing.

last edited at Sep 25, 2017 1:32PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Ayaka and Yurine have switched places, haven't they? Ayaka is parroting back Yurine's own words at her, and the latter is being utterly clueless (about how much she hurt Ayaka when she agreed that just any girl who could make her feel more normal would do).

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Oh come on, she's a cute innocent little girl - how bad could it get?

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

hurray for this manga and congrats to the mothers-to-be!

so this question is for those that may have more direct knowledge. has society and the laws in Japan changed enough that a noticeable number of lesbians and gays are now having children? i'm also curious how the children are entered into the family registry (which appears to be addressed in a later chapter)? finally, has any new LGBT legislation (other than city ordinances) percolated to the national level addressing marriage equality?

Japanese societal mores move about as fast as molasses in winter.

Not to mention, Abe himself hates the idea.

If we're starting THAT list, it's gonna be a long list.

The history is I lived in a very conservative prefecture, but in a part of it that was social-democrat. And Abe (really Abe's faction) is much worse than the LDP of my era were. He's a sign Japan is more polarized than it was.

last edited at Sep 21, 2017 11:52AM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Kind of a No Text I think. Some of those have diegetic text content.

last edited at Sep 20, 2017 11:33AM

Marion Diabolito
New Game discussion 20 Sep 05:32
joined Jan 5, 2015

Fun fact, the Japanese title, which is translated as "New Game!" here, also has the meaning, "Pointlessly break Toyama Rin's Heart Over and Over." Language is amazing1

last edited at Sep 20, 2017 5:35AM

Marion Diabolito
New Game discussion 19 Sep 20:17
joined Jan 5, 2015

morter:

Oh, yeah, "seikai" was probably it. Thanks.

I don't know what other doubt there is, but I'm happy I could help!

I just remembered the subtitle, and that it wasn't "atari" which is how I would personally translate "bingo!" into Japanese. I just think the way Nene says "seikai" is very cute.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

In a way it's a pity it isn't the mom from More than Friends, though. "Met my coworker at a ryokan and she became my lesbian mistress."

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Yumine has fujoshi yaoi goggles that can be adjusted to be yuri goggles. Tamaki may have to decide between Kayo (the right choice, of course) and Seki's little brother. And Minaha. Or all three.