Forum › Posts by flowsthead

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I do like this kind of vibe, and I do think there is a nice romantic moment at the end, but for some reason this just makes me think even if they get together, ultimately, Yuki will have her heart broken by Harumi.

flowsthead
VAMPEERZ discussion 26 Oct 03:54
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

This manga is so good at anti-climax. Light on comedy the last few chapters which makes sense, but the anti-climax is still good.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I hope this ends up making some sense lol
Why would future Elsa want to drug Evie? At least the present Elsa had some misgivings.

Maybe to help Evie get past a mental block? She says that the potion's effects haven't fully worn off, but that may not be the case. Maybe they have fully worn off, and now Evie is more aware than ever how much she physically wants Elsa. Future Elsa can reveal that through a disguise or something and push the ship forward.

That's my delusional head canon until contradicted next chapter.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Also i find it interesting that demons can in fact use holy magic, even if theyre harmed

I feel like that's not that unusual in manga. Especially as most manga make demons just another race of humanoids versus actual monsters.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

It's nice to get confirmation that Aya wants her relationship with Mitsuki back. God, the art is gorgeous. Aya wrapped up in her duvet is adorable as hell.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I think what I don't like about the second half full of fluff is not that it's fluffy. I like fluffy. It's that it lost the passion of the first half. The ambiguous relationship they had at the beginning was kind of hot, and it felt like the art reflected that. There was a real yearning from both of them, and seeing them struggle with that was exciting. The second half feels like it lost a lot of that yearning. I've reread the first 18 or so chapters a bunch of times, but I never continue after that.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I think my issue remains that I don't like to be told how to feel about a character and a situation. It feels like the author and the manga wants me to understand and be prepared to forgive Shiho, and I don't feel either of those things. We've all read a million stories with exactly these type of scenarios where the characters don't act like huge jackasses. I'm sure many of us have also been in Shiho's position of knowing the person we like likes someone else and haven't turned into raging assholes about it.

Put another way, if Shiho was a guy, then she'd be an incel, a "nice guy", or just a plain bully, and I don't think anyone would want her to have a redemption arc.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

"They're so pretty it hurts..."

I can't be the only one who thought of Girl in Red at the end of this chapter.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

That was a fun view of her internal battle, but I can only think about one thing - why would you sleep with your earrings like that...?

I have little hoops I never take off. And you have to sleep with new earrings in anyway. Meguru's are prob a little bigger than what I would sleep with, but they don't seem too bad, and she sleeps on her back so it shouldn't be an issue.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Karin is still my favorite. Look at that flexibility. Girl is perfect.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I know this is a puerile observation, but the licking was nice.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I'm not 100% convinced Chihomi has a thing for Sango. She could just be jealous because she wants to spend time with her best friend.

I'm never sure how pronoun usage works in translation, but I did notice the translation made sure that Yurika never used pronouns when talking about Reika while Chihomi kept mentioning boyfriends. Not that she couldn't be bi, of course, but the contrast made me think that her jealousy might not be romantic.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Lol, Tsukushi and Hinako both just completely bluescreening in the end after being put together. Nice work indeed, though I feel like these idiots will need a couple more pushes like these before figuring things out

Not completely bluescreening. Hinoka did move her hands around Tsukushi. But otherwise yes.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Nice. Good way to get past Xingyuan's fear is for Xiaoen to pursue her. I like that. Yunduo's reaction though feels a little ominous.

Yunduo is "picking up the sapphic vibes" if you will, and maybe she even understands the feeling as well...

Yeah I definitely get the impression that she caught on to the interest. It seems to only be Sixi that's not catching onto how obvious it is.

I also thought she caught the sapphic vibes, but her reaction is very neutral so I'm not sure if she's supportive yet, hence why I thought it was a ominous. But only a little ominous.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Nice. Good way to get past Xingyuan's fear is for Xiaoen to pursue her. I like that. Yunduo's reaction though feels a little ominous.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

That little side comment at the end, "There's nothing better than seeing something put where it belongs." is just chef's kiss.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Xingyuan is thinking about settling in the town to become closer to Xiaoen and at the same time getting cold feet about it... which is normal for somebody with her emotional baggage, but I'm certain she will make the right choices in the end.

Speaking about baggage, that beautician who's doing Xiaoen's nails seems to come from some kind of bad emotional experience in his past. The dialogue between them is ambiguous, but that much seems clear.

If it wasn't for the context of the plot I would speculate he's gay. (Yes I know, typecasting male beauticians, sorry; but somehow his conversation scene with Xiaoen struck me as a gay man + female friend scene.) But in a small town, against the background of a homophobic society, him being gay would be an enormous issue and everyone would be talking about it, which is not the case.... so I must be wrong.

He could be closeted.

Also, small towns can go either way. There are definitely small towns where they make exceptions of locals, like they're homophobic in general, but this specific person who grew up here is well loved so it's ok.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

One of the things that I think is interesting about the art style is how splotchy it makes the skin look. It's a neat effect that sometimes looks pretty and sometimes looks a little unattractive, but either way I kind of like it? Skin tone is often not just one pure color on people, so it's neat to see that reflected almost by accident.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Is the author male? I can't tell if it's just the hentai style, but this felt noticeably male gaze-y.

wh-what part of it??? i read this comment before i read the chapter, and expected much Much worse. sure, it's exaggerated but .. if this is the male gaze, it's incredibly tempered

Some of the position shots? Page 17 a bit, the top left of page 20 especially, not necessarily a lot of specific shots beyond those, just kind of the vibe.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Is the author male? I can't tell if it's just the hentai style, but this felt noticeably male gaze-y.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

The blonde being a sadist and aggressive kind of makes her my favorite. Somebody's gotta get the plot goin.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Aya's friends can tell she's got a fake smile on and looks miserable.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Regardless of whether he changed when he became a girl or not, I bet she would have been the top even in the past.

I don't know if it's Japan as a whole, or just that impression from manga, but they might be behind on concepts like those. I mean, there's a manga titled literally "Is It Wrong to Get Done by a Girl?".

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

This chapter blindsided me with how wholesome it was, feels like the first time the series focused mostly on discussing love over sex. It's kinda weird since at this point Nanao's feelings for Asumi seem more deeply explored than Asumi's feelings for Mai.

Was ever actually stated that Asumi has feelings for Mai? The way I understood it she basically just wants to meet an important person from her childhood and clear up a misunderstanding. I never had the impression that she had been in love with Mai all this time or something like that.

Maybe

Reading through that first chapter compared with Nanao is so interesting. Asumi already knows she's gay and is generally excited about the idea of having sex with another girl, whereas Nanao is questioning her sexuality and super freaked out about everything. The contrast is nice.

last edited at Sep 30, 2022 11:37PM

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I was sure Nanao would mention Asumi to Ena by name and Asumi being revealed as a customer would happen, but I guess not. Surprised we got an episode with no Asumi in it. I guess Nanao is more of a main character than the senpai now.