Forum › Posts by princess_daphie

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Of course not. I'm glad too, I love your posts.

Aw, shucks. I didn't think my posts were special or frequent enough to be noticed like that - I'm flattered. Assuming that wasn't sarcasm, which if it was, I totally knew that.

As for the new chapter. Yeah, I think I'm done. I gave it a fair shot, but it's just... meh. To blogpost for a bit, my rationale for trying this series was hoping that it'd avoid the usual cliches when it comes to writing dudes, since the guy is clearly meant to be like a "pet cat" or something to her. Which I don't really have a problem with, I mean, I fucking eat up Itou Hachi, so it'd be hypocritical to say anything about that. But two scenes in this chapter just made me done:

1. When he snatched the sketchbook from Morikawa's hand - especially the sharp look in his eyes when he asked what she was doing.
  2. When he pulled Morikawa along and she thought "he's strong because he's a boy after all."

Like 99% of the times when they write guys, why do they always gotta write something about how "but they're still a MAN and loving BUT STILL DANGEROUS" no matter what the actual power dynamic between the two characters are like. Sometimes you have the most crossdressingest feminineist literal shota character ever drawn and he still has to go I am man if his romantic partner is female.

I can already picture the inevitable scene later when Morikawa gets in trouble with some shit guys come in harassing her at her job or wherever and catboy shows up unexpectedly and scares them off with his man energy. It drives me up a goddamn wall because I love the art, and Morikawa is super cute. Kinda reminds me of how I always like shoujo artstyles, and how shoujo manga heroines are super cute. Except they're always with a dude like this.

In other words, fukkin shoot me.dead. Oh well.

I read what you wrote, and I definitely did not recognize the manga I'm working on. AFAIK, it's really not going that route so far. There are a few tropes introduced, but I'm not seeing much of the usual events happening like I could've predicted. Hm, who knows!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

So umm, I'm happy to see that there are a few people genuinely interested by this story. It's indeed not yuri at all, and it's not attempting to bait anyone (except maybe age-gap fans like me), the tag was clearly set by the uploader. I work on both het and yuri stuff, so it's by extension that this series I'm also working on ends up here. I work on and have worked on other titles that wouldn't get posted here. It all depends on the overall theme & feel I guess.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

While I still have the image fresh in my mind, I would like to comment on chapter 20 that appeared in mangadex today and it's surely to show up here soon, so I will use spoiler bars!

I can't believe it, I went GYAAAAAAAAA, I didn't know it was possible to go Gyyyyaaaaa for real, I slapped my cheeks, I stomped the floor, trembled in my chair and went GYAAAAA again and repeated the process like 3 times during ch20! I feel like it killed me many times too, my heart exploded because it went way past the limit too fast and in succession!

At first, I just admired the bra, gotta say that was genuinely a super cute bra! I want it! hahaha but then they started acting super cute around each others and then the small room got super hot! all the teasing, the things they were thinking, the close ups and seeing Misumi pouting like that was too much! seriously?! that's TOO CUTE!!! and previously Ai losing her vocabulary because her girlfriend's bosom was too beautiful was amazing too and then the hand... THE HAND AND THEN THEY GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

At this point, the angels were taking my soul to yuri heaven but then Misumi does THAT back in her home and the chapter ends!!!! and at this point, my existence together with the whole universe ceased to exist, a big bang event occurred, who knows how many eons it took for the flow of time to start again and for me to rearrange my thoughts into semi comprehensible language just to write this, in short, amazing chapter!!!

Thank you very much! reading your comment at the end credits made me happy too Daphie, yes I'm super excited too!

Edit: LOL just as I finished writing this, the chapter appeared in dynasty hahaha alright I'll remove the spoiler bars

Your reaction comment is epic and super welcome! Had been a while since I heard from you as well (i blame MDpocalypse!!!) I'm so happy this chapter was as amazing to you as it's been for me and I'm glad to see a healthy comment page after waking up this morning.

It's really just too cute :) Almost too much, hahaha! I simply cannot wait for the next one...

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Wait a second, did she went on a rampage and started doing it with her friends? But why? If the explanation from before was accurate then she should be "recharged", then why? Is there something disrupting her from gaining energy?

Konomi hadn't fed for a while for all we know, but it's clear she can't get her fit, so she went and done it with many girls and was still left kinda unsatisfied. That's how I see it. In the last 3 chapters, the one who got to feed was Yukiko, from Mirino.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I guess I've gotten at least partially used to this author's disjointed way to handle time and transitions, because I wasn't confused while doing that chapter. @Goggled Anon described it in details. The chapter is a different angle on the previous chapter's events.

As for formatting the bubbles differently... I mean... I hadn't thought of it. I usually only try to follow the original's formatting, with a little freedom, but that would've been lots of change. Maybe it could've been a good thing though, I dunno.

I'm happy the funky pages have been noticed :) Considering I CL&RD everything before TS, it was a lot of work, haha! It was worth it to see how eerie these pages are WITHOUT the floating text everywhere though!!!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Now that's sweet!!!!!!!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

my favorite bit about this was the despair in the translator's voice

You figured me out, hahaha!

As for all the thank you's and support comments, I appreciate it all, thank you back! I will consider doing more, a bit more seriously since even this title is appreciated! I sure hope they make something more akin to their first series though, I preferred it, haha!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Like I mentioned in the last page, I might not translate anymore chapters from this artist, they make cute art, but I'm not getting happy vibes anymore lately, lol

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I'm starting to like the Pink Savio-I mean, Madorami, she goes to such silly extremes just to troll Aizawa that she ends up coming across as a pitiful Saturday-morning cartoon villain.

The most villainous thing she does is call Aizawa a "consumer," it's literally against the rules of Comiket. (see https://www2.comiket.co.jp/info-a/WhatIsEng201401.pdf "Everybody is a Participant")

@Daphie - btw despite your early chapter notes I think your translation is great! But I read the free chapters on https://viewer.heros-web.com/episode/10834108156641210811 (until my books get here…) and can send you some corrections if you're interested.

Oh, and the new chapter was good.

@mvbmvb

Oh hey, thanks for the comment! I read it late, but I'm so happy when I get feedback these days, lol! I'm also better equipped to translate now than I was back then, but if it has been a satisfactory ride, it's mission accomplished for me! Oh I also get the chapters from there, so whenever they release a new one, I get on the TL as soon as I can and as fast as I can (this manga is pretty much my fave, lol)

As for corrections, we'd have to chat on discord or something like that to discuss, but I'm not as much in need of PR nowadays, because I've had a resident PR with me now (I PR his stuff too) for a while!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Forgot to mention, in line with a few comments, I'm also happy that Fuu didn't get to go full-on yandere, and I hope nothing so bad happens that eventually triggers this route again!!!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

every timу I read the dialogs I'm like wtf is going on? how did you come up with those words? what did you even mean?
such strange series. the storyline with succubus falling for each other was way better

hmm... the "you" in your comment is very imprecise, are you talking about the author, the characters or the translator? if i'm the one being asked, do you have an example? as far as i can tell, other than liking to use some over-the-top expressions sometimes (which are google-able), i'm using proper English, lol

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

And now the future is unknown, we have supased the original

Oh that's good to know!!! I'm getting attached to these little silly succubi, loll

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I'm happy to see this get serialized and I welcome the longer chapters! Love the colored images as well!!!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

A man chooses! An Otaku obeys!

This made me happy :) Can't wait for the next chapter, 2 weeks or so normally!!!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Same author of “This Girl Is Too Much” I thought of the same girl, Ryo and Haru.

This artist is clearly playing around with concepts and ideas, sharpening their teeth :) I just thought their art was cool, so I aimed to translate all their current work!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Cute but short. Is the source Twitter?

Yes, that's why I put the artist's twitter account in the last page! This series will have 3 chapters total.

last edited at Aug 7, 2021 3:37PM

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Sorry if anyone got dirty thoughts, haha, contrary to the perverse tendencies of the characters, this little manga remained very clean!!! I'm happy it was liked and read a lot though ^_^

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

15 years old with a height of 192 cm? wow.

The font isn't confusing though, it's 172cm!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I feel like I've read it before, somewhere :P Maybe here, maybe not.

it's twitter and pixiv as source, and it's not new, so it's possible!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Honestly, Madoromi ends up pushing them closer together every time she tried to push them apart XD

And that's what makes her presence even more entertaining!!! Totally agree with you :) Can't wait for the next chapter to see what comes out of this sleepover with the girls' night, haha!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

エモい
translated as emo

Another victim of the wasei-eigo trap.

Wow. Seriously. That's what this chapter's worth?

https://jisho.org/word/%E3%82%A8%E3%83%A2%E3%81%84
I don't know about you, but to me, it sounds like it's a perfectly reasonable way to translate emoi. It even fits Aizawa's character. If it's not, well, how could have I known.

In any case, I just hope some people are enjoying this manga as much as I am!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I didn't expect this one bubble to spur so many comments. Yukiko has referred to her little sister as a "kuso bitchi" a few times already, I've always translated it more or less meanly, either frickin' slut, or stuff like that. Remember the bath scene in chapter 6? Maybe it's the outright use of the F word that is more irritating?

Otherwise, I'm happy to see a bit of feedback on this chapter! I also really liked the Aki x Mirino dynamic duo! Sadly, much more than Yukiko who can't make up her mind.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Yukiko keeps calling her little sister "kuso bitchi"... Maybe I should've translated it in a less intense way? Haha!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I totally didn't expect anyone to pick up yandere tags, I must be oblivious, lol, I saw this as fluffy and cute. Okay if it turns ugly, I'll roll my tongue in my mouth a few times...

By the way, I found this short thing as a retweet on Sato's twitter (author of Kami eshi JK to OL fujoshi and Frag Time).

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Hopefully, they manage to get on the same page, and avoid burning out! I can only put my trust in these two, haha